Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Been wearing a mask to the gym. Not the most comfortable but I feel like I'm doing more my part to keep the spread down despite, y'know, going to a gym.

Another dude who I've spoken with before stopped me to chat, and opened with "do you feel safer in a mask" and then launched into an overly long spiel about how he truly knows christ who protects him and he won't get a vaccine or put anything into his body and he thinks that there's been a lot of lies in the media so RIP me I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Don't suppose "I'm not wearing it for MY sake, I'm wearing it for YOUR sake" made any kind of impression eh

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Bring multiple masks if you go because waterboarding yourself isn't fun

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Did you ask him what makes him particularly deserving of Christ's personal protection in comparison to all the other Christians who've so far died of the rona?

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

LordArgh posted:

Did you ask him what makes him particularly deserving of Christ's personal protection in comparison to all the other Christians who've so far died of the rona?

Don't do this

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

LordArgh posted:

Are you familiar with prosperity theology?

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

A gym friend of mine switched to using a face shield and she likes it much better. Not sure how gym bunnies are supposed to cardio with a mask on.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Data Graham posted:

Don't suppose "I'm not wearing it for MY sake, I'm wearing it for YOUR sake" made any kind of impression eh

I said "my understanding was that it doesn't protect me from you, but you from me" and no, it did not appear to register.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

bomb posted:

A gym friend of mine switched to using a face shield and she likes it much better. Not sure how gym bunnies are supposed to cardio with a mask on.
face shields are not a suitable replacement for masks and I would treat anyone wearing a shield only as if they were using nothing

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
I don't think anyone going to the gym is trying to minimize their risk of spreading corona

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Bit the bullet and asked my wife to spot me on the bench. Up to 170 (lol) for my working sets. 225 is the goal.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Batterypowered7 posted:

Bit the bullet and asked my wife to spot me on the bench. Up to 170 (lol) for my working sets. 225 is the goal.

Nice.

Honestly as long as you aren’t pushing it shes probably going to be able to spot you just fine. 99% of the time most people just need a little help back up. Obviously not with super heavy weights though.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

there's like 6 people on fb selling the same weight set at 2-3x retail and it's obvious it just came back in stock at Dicks and they bought them all up just to resell. Sucks because it's not an amazing set but retail price is actually decent

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Why don't retailers/manufacturers raise price in this shortage? Is it just not worth the effort of changing price? Are they afraid of appearing too opportunistic?

The posters in this thread would be the ones to disagree with the following, but IMO it isn't like exercise equipment is a essential good, and the manufacturers wouldn't really be monsters if they decided to raise price.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I'd be surprised if businesses haven't raised prices, even just because of material shortages. Retailers on Amazon absolutely have. But for a big company like Rogue that thrives on image and brand loyalty, any appearance of pandemic profiteering is going to damage them. Other companies working in the low budget area have to consider pricing themselves out of their customers. Some might just not see the long term potential damage worth it for, what the hope, is a short term problem (lol). Lots of dynamics to consider.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

lmao rip has a video complaining about anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qffp-38_ycE

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

UnfurledSails posted:

lmao rip has a video complaining about anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qffp-38_ycE

This guy sucks so much

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

that could almost be a parody video

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
LMAO decent old man yells at cloud skit

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Batterypowered7 posted:

as long as you're able to apply upward pressure the bar the amount of assistance you need is negligible

i read math about it once

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

He's a full on cranky old man at this point. Even when he has a point it's hard to take him seriously.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

as long as you're able to apply upward pressure the bar the amount of assistance you need is negligible

i read math about it once

170 wasn't even a weight I struggled with, really. My biggest issue is that my arms are about a half inch too short and I can't clear the j-cups to unrack the bar, so I need my wife to help me lift it off. I can gently caress up my form temporarily with lower weights and then adjust once I've moved the bar forward, but I can't do that past a certain weight.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Have you considered raising your bench slightly

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Put a sheet of ply wood under your bench.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

break your arms and reset them a half inch longer

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lower the bar before you break your arms imo

If that doesn’t work I suggest the above.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Just post up on your head when you bench

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDz2oXHge5K/

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
"even if Kavanaugh did rape her, he should still be on the Supreme Court because it's NBD, just boys being boys" - Mark Rippetoe

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

:allbuttons:

There is also a video in the link if you want to hear knees explode.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/russian-weightlifter-breaks-knees-squat-wrong-400kg-a4523551.html

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I'll get right on that

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Why the hell would I or anyone want to hear that

I don't require an answer

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Thanks for at least mentioning what the video is.

In a BJJ chat I'm in someone sent around a video of a russian kid getting his neck audibly broken when he tried a flying armbar. But didn't say what the video was so I watched it. Yuck.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
I KNEW squatting was bad for your knees

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Well I was just about to load 400kg on the bar for a quick set, but now I think I'll just do 395kg instead.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

quote:

Sedykh was rushed to the hospital for surgery where his knees were reassembled and quadriceps reattached during a six-hour procedure.
:magical:

I wonder if surgeons get psyched for poo poo like that.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

silence_kit posted:

Why don't retailers/manufacturers raise price in this shortage? Is it just not worth the effort of changing price? Are they afraid of appearing too opportunistic?

They did. At least Titan did

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

nooneofconsequence posted:

Only if they got paid hourly's my guess.

"Oh great, this juicehead's just gonna be back here next year"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Only if they got paid hourly's my guess.

"Oh great, this juicehead's just gonna be back here next year"
just figured rebuilding some dude's whole legs would be a fun change of pace from the millionth hip replacement or bypass

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

nooneofconsequence posted:

No. Most hospital doctors have seen and done most things many times. Two broken knees / ruptured quads is not interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Jonny Nox posted:

No DOMS today

:smith:

DOMS update:

Tried adding a cardio day to Tuesday.
Wed, Thursday normal routine
Couldn't lift poo poo by Thursday
Ham Strings, Glutes, Traps, Delts all loving screaming at me.

:getin: