Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The HNI-Scantrad page has 1305 and 1306 since the last update in this thread:
http://hni-scantrad.com/eng/lel/?manga=Hajime+no+Ippo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Really liking that we're seeing Alf's thought process here and how scary it is to be facing a big punch when you can see it coming, plus being out of stance for a counter too

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Alf's taking a page from the Ippo playbook here...

Except, you know, on purpose.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

Alf's taking a page from the Ippo playbook here...

Except, you know, on purpose.

If it was only a few inches lower that punch would have pushed the bridge of his nose inward. But then again both of these guys faces should be shattered. So like is Sendo going to lose ability to box with his right hand?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ippo came back from breaking his right hand against Mashiba

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Why does the Kamogawa method of blocking punches with your face work for everyone but Ippo?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because they weren't taught by kamogawa, the worst trainer on earth

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
That picture made his hand look extremely broken, not just a little broken. This fight could be it for Sendo.

Beating Alf and having a proper retirement unlike Ippo's halfhearted retirement would fit a bit.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

because they weren't taught by kamogawa, the worst trainer on earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6qXiqqzFY

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

That picture made his hand look extremely broken, not just a little broken. This fight could be it for Sendo.

Beating Alf and having a proper retirement unlike Ippo's halfhearted retirement would fit a bit.

Did it? Looked like just his pinkie finger. Obviously that still sucks but I wouldn't think it would be career ending. Anyway, anime broken bones don't mean poo poo. Remember that time Ippo hit a heavy bag so much his gloves were full of blood, and Kamogawa just made him go do roadwork instead and it was fine? Good Times.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also literally 2 decades ago Ippo completely destroys his hand beating Mashiba and recovers so he can fight Sendo.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New chapter, and a conclusion! (unironically typoed "concussion" writing this)

http://hni-scantrad.com/eng/lel/?manga=Hajime+no+Ippo&chapter=Chapter+1307#page=1

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Morikawa can write some fun rear end boxing when he tries

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Fabricated posted:

http://hni-scantrad.com/eng/lel/?manga=Hajime+no+Ippo&chapter=Chapter+1307#page=1

So the lesson is that Ippo did not train his skull enough to become the ultimate skull.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

JamMasterJim posted:

So the lesson is that Ippo did not train his skull enough to become the ultimate skull.

Sendo clearly stole Ippo's shonen protagonist power back when they had that spar after Volg's championship fight. Hajime no Sendo has now truly begun.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Fabricated posted:

Sendo didnt die? im honestly surprised.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
GET hosed, ALF. IN POG FORM.

Good chapter.

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

YESSSS SENDO

Amazing fight.

Huzzah! posted:

Sendo didnt die? im honestly surprised.

He can still die from the damage after the fight :ohdear:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

"well sendo your right hand is unfortunately now kind of a meat puree inside a hand skin sack"

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Patware posted:

"well sendo your right hand is unfortunately now kind of a meat puree inside a hand skin sack"

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
As it turns out, boxing fights are good when it has tension and actual boxing in it and people don't do nonsense bs to win.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Patware posted:

Tbf That awesome loving uppercut was his left hand not his right.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

It'd be the least Sendo thing ever, but maybe he held his punch back because of the injury, and because of that the counter wasn't too bad

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Sextro posted:

It'd be the least Sendo thing ever, but maybe he held his punch back because of the injury, and because of that the counter wasn't too bad

i'm betting it was this. he might not even have meant to do it. alf would've assumed it was a max power punch like all the other ones since i don't think he knew sendo's hand was now a kind of gritty protein shake

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
chapter 1308

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think this is the best fight since Mashiba fought Iga or something. Holy gently caress this was so good.

Also a shitload of nostalgia, but that's mostly my dumb deal.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Wark Say posted:

I think this is the best fight since Mashiba fought Iga or something. Holy gently caress this was so good.

Also a shitload of nostalgia, but that's mostly my dumb deal.

Yeah, I enjoyed this fight like I haven't in a while with this manga.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
I still think Sendo's version of "I'm Satisfied" will be what gets Ippo back in the ring.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
sendos gonna be broken as gently caress for his fight with martinez

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

sendos gonna be broken as gently caress for his fight with martinez
Martinez seems like good enough of a sport to let him heal. Like, as ruthless as he seems to be inside the ring, he was legit freaking the gently caress out at the prospect of killing Date on his last fight with him.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

THAT'S IT???? TEN loving PAGES????

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

New Chapter is out

http://hni-scantrad.com/eng/lel/?manga=Hajime+no+Ippo&chapter=Chapter+1309#page=1

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFpYU43QU4c

Yeah, a guy that can throw a smash from any angle is loving scary.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

KingShiro posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFpYU43QU4c

Yeah, a guy that can throw a smash from any angle is loving scary.

:stare: Jesus he continued a fight against Tyson in his prime with a broken loving jaw????

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Jiro posted:

:stare: Jesus he continued a fight against Tyson in his prime with a broken loving jaw????

Guess Date wasn't so unbelievable after all.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
Arturo Gatti broke the poo poo out of his right hand on Mickey Ward's hip and continued to throw punches with it for six more rounds (and win)

as stylized as the fights are depicted in Ippo, the actual content is at least a little grounded in reality.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Woli

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I still want to see that fight animated.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

...notable exceptions aside

e: alternate answer, some wacky exhibition fight at a county fair or something like that time george foreman fought five guys in a row while slowly losing his mind

BHB fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

and that silly big toe spin from Takamura.