Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Cable #2: A mutant child has been kidnapped in Philadelphia. Cable takes the case, but in the process, gets kidnapped himself. (for the purposes of these panels, Cyclops does not know Cable has been kidnapped)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
No way Philly cops would pass up a chance to comment on Scott's condom suit.

"And why don't you dress like you did in the 90s no more?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I have so many questions.

Actually I have exactly one question.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the suit feeds on his brain juice.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

There must always be... a Lich Kingpin

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

I have so many questions.

Actually I have exactly one question.

It’s part of a gang war to crown a new Kingpin in Amazing Spider-Man in the 80’s. Not very memorable, but it has that moment, and a cool cover with Punisher (issue 285)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love how he's shocked it's Daredevil and then disappointed it's a fat suit.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Daktar posted:

Doctor Aphra #18. Aphra is a little too keen on the weird weapons the Empire's cooked up.

It looks like Tarkin's eventual descendant is Hunter S. Thompson.

"One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Thaddius the Large posted:

Are Hutt clone troopers just clone troopers that the Hutts attempted to manufacture, or literal cloned Hutt soldiers?

In the lore, in ye olden times in the Star Wars universe, the Hutts were all super warriors. Like all swole and resistant to the Force and armoured up.

Then their race basically invented capitalism and discovered it was easier to pay other races to fight for you while you eat fried chicken.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Dan Didio posted:

I mean, probably the former, but in my mind's eye, definitely the latter.

The latter, plus for some reason they all have New Zealand accents.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Scott rarely is happy so I'm glad whenever he is able to enjoy the little things.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Grendels Dad posted:

Scott rarely is happy so I'm glad whenever he is able to enjoy the little things.

Was Scott always such a weenie from his first conception or did that come about during a certain run and then get crystalized?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Grendels Dad posted:

Emma ruined it on the next page.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

A Strange Aeon posted:

Does mirroring cause composition issues or is it just better because it's faithful to the original?

ranma walking about with a t-shirt with YOB on it does miss the point

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

In the lore, in ye olden times in the Star Wars universe, the Hutts were all super warriors. Like all swole and resistant to the Force and armoured up.

Then their race basically invented capitalism and discovered it was easier to pay other races to fight for you while you eat fried chicken.
Been a while since I read Hitchhiker's Guide, but isn't this basically Vogons?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Woebin posted:

Been a while since I read Hitchhiker's Guide, but isn't this basically Vogons?

No, Vogons aren't capitalists, they are bureaucrats. Just a single minded race that will not waver once they have an idea in their heads.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

A Strange Aeon posted:

Was Scott always such a weenie from his first conception or did that come about during a certain run and then get crystalized?

From issue 1 Scott is all about whining about his eyebeams/how he can never let his guard down lest he destroys everything he sees/secretly pining for Jean/wishing he was Warren when he sees her making a move on Jean/being a spoilsport to the other X-Men when they just want to have a good time, man.

e: Also in issue 1, his name is Slim, not Scott. Though that is later retconned as a nickname

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 15, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Infinitum posted:

There must always be... a Lich Kingpin

A Warcraft/Marvel Amalgam universe where atop the Frozen Fisk Tower sits the Throne of the Lynchpin.

The Question IRL posted:

I'd imagine the comic is a joke about how the Hutts kept buying knock Imperial tech in the EU books. Like they time they built a ship that was just a Death Star laser with engines bolted on to it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hulk Smash! posted:

From issue 1 Scott is all about whining about his eyebeams/how he can never let his guard down lest he destroys everything he sees/secretly pining for Jean/wishing he was Warren when he sees her making a move on Jean/being a spoilsport to the other X-Men when they just want to have a good time, man.

e: Also in issue 1, his name is Slim, not Scott. Though that is later retconned as a nickname

He's also the field leader and it's hard to write a character as a leader for so long and not have him be a goody two-shoes / teacher's pet / boy scout type.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Oh my god, yes. That's what makes those moments when he gets to show off all the more powerful. And the moments he gets to almost, god drat it Emma, enjoy a snack the way Colossus does.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

How Wonderful! posted:

the famous panel of Gwen Stacy inviting Peter Parker to go see I Am Curious (Yellow) with her (1971). The writers of those two comics were, respectively, Robert Kanigher and Roy Thomas--- guys who had an interest in comics being hip, contemporary, and appealing to swinging young adults.

:dudsmile:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

just don't swing too hard

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

A Warcraft/Marvel Amalgam universe where atop the Frozen Fisk Tower sits the Throne of the Lynchpin.

I'd imagine the comic is a joke about how the Hutts kept buying knock Imperial tech in the EU books. Like they time they built a ship that was just a Death Star laser with engines bolted on to it.

So, the Thunderbolt VII Spacehog.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #16 (1941)

Adventures into the Unknown #42 (1953)

From Beyond the Unknown #10 (1971)

What If? #26 (1981)

Bill & Ted's Excellent Comic Book #6 (1992)

Spider-Man Adventures #8 (1995)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Darthemed posted:

Adventures into the Unknown #42 (1953)

I assume the next panel is him being speared?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Whiz Comics #16 (1941)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorillas_(video_game)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'm sorry, I believe you meant to post this.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Samovar posted:

I'm sorry, I believe you meant to post this.

You know, it only now occurs to me that the banana bomb in Worms is probably a reference to the one in Gorillas.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Not only was that one of my first video games, it was also my first exploration into bugs/exploits. If you held down a number when picking power/angle it would keep writing, but when clearing the box afterward it just erased the default entry space. Since the game was coded to just register collision with a pixel the remaining numbers became a ceiling on the stage, or you could keep it up long enough to completely encase the gorillas and change the game entirely into trying to tunnel your way to your opponent.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lobok posted:

I assume the next panel is him being speared?
Nah, the ghost just warps out to take care of some business, without even noticing that guy. Gotta save her dumb nephew, who didn't believe an incantation would raise the dead (even though it raised her spirit) and ended up bringing back his evil ancestor.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Bruceski posted:

Not only was that one of my first video games, it was also my first exploration into bugs/exploits. If you held down a number when picking power/angle it would keep writing, but when clearing the box afterward it just erased the default entry space. Since the game was coded to just register collision with a pixel the remaining numbers became a ceiling on the stage, or you could keep it up long enough to completely encase the gorillas and change the game entirely into trying to tunnel your way to your opponent.

Yeah, that was fun. I was in a similar position and really young back then. I didn't even speak any English, but I also liked looking at the source code and randomly replacing numbers and experimenting what such a change would do. Some would change colors and looking back there might gave been a parameter, which basically corresponded to strenght.
The second game on that computer was snake. I did the same messing around there and distinctively remember finding a configuration, which made the snake just continuously get longer unless a fruit was collected. That was my first hardcore romhack.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Yeah, that was fun. I was in a similar position and really young back then. I didn't even speak any English, but I also liked looking at the source code and randomly replacing numbers and experimenting what such a change would do. Some would change colors and looking back there might gave been a parameter, which basically corresponded to strenght.
The second game on that computer was snake. I did the same messing around there and distinctively remember finding a configuration, which made the snake just continuously get longer unless a fruit was collected. That was my first hardcore romhack.

My brother and I just found the speed setting, jacked it up and played Nibbles at Ludicrous Speed. QBasic was great for how accessible and universal it was at the time. Kids' scout magazines and such would have a code page where they'd just give you the code for something to play around with and you could type it in and experiment.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 17, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Darthemed posted:

What If? #26 (1981)

Watcher teaching a sex-ed course.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

(read it as: this
Hawkman #1 (The one from the 60's. Don't know if that's the first or second Hawkman series).

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
https://twitter.com/slicedfriedgold/status/1294523826449993728?s=21

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh c'mon! This is not even subtle.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Oh c'mon! This is not even subtle.

It's an edit, that's why.

E: Actually, maybe I'm getting it confused with a Captain America/Iron Man panel? Sorry if so.

Servoret fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 18, 2020

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

But if Fisto couldn’t fist them all, who could?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Servoret posted:

It's an edit, that's why.

E: Actually, maybe I'm getting it confused with a Captain America/Iron Man panel? Sorry if so.

No, you're right, it's fake:

https://www.cbr.com/he-man-masters-universe-fisto-meme/

But the dude is actually named Fisto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's nothing wrong with being called Fisto or The Shocker or Woody.