Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I was enjoying Shop Titans until I was insta-banned for reversing (via Google, not chargeback) a $70 gem purchase my kid made by accident. Kinda soured me on the whole thing.

Is it normal in games for any kind of purchase reversal done through Google Play to result in your account being instantly and permanently banned from the game? Makes me very wary about deliberately spending cash on anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Vulpes posted:

I was enjoying Shop Titans until I was insta-banned for reversing (via Google, not chargeback) a $70 gem purchase my kid made by accident. Kinda soured me on the whole thing.

Is it normal in games for any kind of purchase reversal done through Google Play to result in your account being instantly and permanently banned from the game? Makes me very wary about deliberately spending cash on anything.

Yep, that's pretty standard practice. If your kid can use your phone, and somehow spend money with it, I'd look in to enabling purchase approvals:
https://support.google.com/families/answer/7039872?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

u got mares in yr house
Feb 23, 2001

Could someone shoot me an invite to the goon guild for Shop Titans please? ID is foogray#10399

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Vulpes posted:

I think that what you're supposed to do in games with mtx is to go through ingame customer support to see if they can do anything on their end first, but fwiw I'm with you; it always seemed really suspect.

u got mares in yr house posted:

Could someone shoot me an invite to the goon guild for Shop Titans please? ID is foogray#10399
Goonswarm+ is out of inactives we can remove but are a little more than halfway to a new member slot. It might take a little while though, investments are getting rough. The money you put in the city follows your character around though, so you don't have to worry about wasting resources in a pubbie guild if you want to join up later.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Vulpes posted:

It's pretty common particularly in a game like shop titans where you can effectively 'trade' the gem purchase by putting a low tier item up for $70 worth of gems and buying ti on another account.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Gearman posted:

Yep, that's pretty standard practice. If your kid can use your phone, and somehow spend money with it, I'd look in to enabling purchase approvals:
https://support.google.com/families/answer/7039872?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

I have this turned on even without my kid using my tablet. Keeps me from fat fingering a purchase, or oopsies, too many taps! If I have to put my password in each time, it makes me ask myself if I really want to buy whatever it is.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

B33rChiller posted:

I have this turned on even without my kid using my tablet. Keeps me from fat fingering a purchase, or oopsies, too many taps! If I have to put my password in each time, it makes me ask myself if I really want to buy whatever it is.

I even have password required for free apps. Installing stuff isn't a thing that happens enough for me to really need that 3 seconds typing in a password takes.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I finished Ace 10 of YMBaB a few nights ago and ... I need to just delete that now. The second last mission to kill.a reaper before it hits you was a real pain in the rear end. Sometimes if you're lucky the horn will take care of one for you if it's standing behind another creature. I ended up getting it finally with fire + a 5-in-a-row critical.

On Photographs right now ... and good lord these overwrought stories. I'm still kind of curious as to what it's building towards. The puzzles are ... okay. Not my favourite.

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
Civilization 6 is out on android finally. $20 for the base game, then $30 for the Rise and Fall expansion, and $40 for the Gathering Storm expansion. I'll pass, already own it on the Switch and that's too much to pay to buy it again on mobile. If it had been $20 for everything I probably would've bought it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

You can play the tutorial for free and I will say that I'm impressed with their ability to make Civ feel pretty natural on a phone sized screen. I think if anything this might convince me to check out the game again on PC.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

civ revolutions was buggy as poo poo and I really did not enjoy playing it. I might pick up civ 6 for phone, or maybe I should try eve.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

B33rChiller posted:

I turned it on after I started Autotap macroing through the more miserable grinds on gacha games. Read about a guy who racked up hundreds of dollars in one night because the button for attack was in the exact same place as purchasing the largest bundle of gems and he left it on all night as it just kept buying gems to refill energy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I randomly stumbled on Pocket Ants: Colony Simulator last night while scrolling through recommended apps and it's a surprisingly fun little base management thing with some neat mechanics so far. I've only played for like 30-40 at this time so I have no idea if it stays interesting for long but it seems fun enough to poke at when I have some downtime. I will say that as far as moving your ant around, the joystick mode in the options is the way to go. The joystick also sucks because it's in the bottom corner and you can't move it but it feels better than having to tap or hold the screen to make your guy move around..

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

explosivo posted:

I randomly stumbled on Pocket Ants: Colony Simulator last night while scrolling through recommended apps and it's a surprisingly fun little base management thing with some neat mechanics so far. I've only played for like 30-40 at this time so I have no idea if it stays interesting for long but it seems fun enough to poke at when I have some downtime. I will say that as far as moving your ant around, the joystick mode in the options is the way to go. The joystick also sucks because it's in the bottom corner and you can't move it but it feels better than having to tap or hold the screen to make your guy move around..

They stole Sim ant lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

They stole Sim ant lol

Oh yeah, 100%.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr Hootington posted:

They stole Sim ant lol

Hey, if Maxis/EA isn't going to do it...

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Looking for a new city on Shop Titans kirtar#77624

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice

kirtar posted:

Looking for a new city on Shop Titans kirtar#77624

We just opened a new slot in Awful Artists if you want in.

Just sent you an invite.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Chaitai posted:

We just opened a new slot in Awful Artists if you want in.

Just sent you an invite.

:toot:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

explosivo posted:

Picked this up and it seems ok. Do you have the thing where ants assigned to feed the queen just do gently caress all and wander around aimlessly?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

NPR Journalizard posted:

Picked this up and it seems ok. Do you have the thing where ants assigned to feed the queen just do gently caress all and wander around aimlessly?

I did, I think the reason is because the queen doesn't eat food if you're maxed out on worker slots. That ant will just wander around until the queen can lay another egg because an ant died or you upgraded the food chamber.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

explosivo posted:

Fun so far!

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Shop Titans - Just hopped into the open spot in Goonswarm (no +), but would love a spot in one of the other guilds since apparently this one isn't goon-goons?? Javy#73364 anyway.. drat, I should start investing

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
What was the good Picross with tutorials, again? Nonograms or something? Been thinking of recommending it to my mum.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hungry Cat Picross is my fav (and a thread fav) but I haven't played any other ones. I don't recall if the tutorials are decent or not though.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Hungry Cat is a different kind of picross, so if you want to learn to play don't start there. The strategy and logic is completely different

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

What was the good Picross with tutorials, again? Nonograms or something? Been thinking of recommending it to my mum.

Not sure which one you are referring too but Paint it Back is a decent picross/nonograms app, it uses the more standard logic as apposed to Hungry Cat.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

My favourite is Nonograms Katana. Mostly bog-standard picross, though it does included multi-colour puzzles under a separate section as well. It does have a tutorial.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Nonogram.com is great. Also Nanogram Katana but that one can be intimidating for new users.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Trastion posted:

Nonogram.com is great. Also Nanogram Katana but that one can be intimidating for new users.
My 70 year old mother-in-law learned from Katana and is completely obsessed fwiw. She's always liked newspaper puzzle games though, so it was fun to introduce something new-to-her. (She does play on an old Samsung Tab as opposed to a phone.)

teethgrinder fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 19, 2020

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Anyone know of a decent android emulator that is OK with Hyper-V being enabled?

Trastion posted:

gently caress.. I'm adding that to my phone and bookmarks cause I love nonograms.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Irritated Goat posted:

gently caress.. I'm adding that to my phone and bookmarks cause I love nonograms.

Despite the name its an app and doesn't run in a browser. Though I never checked to see if there is a website version.

Easybrain, the maker of that also has a great Sudoku game too.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Irritated Goat posted:

The android studio emulator will work with hyper v on but it lacks a lot of features and performance optimizations that the other popular emulators have.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Irritated Goat posted:

Depending on what you're looking for, just running Android-x86 in HyperV and pointing VNC at it as an option. I run multiple installations and control them through NoVNC in a chrome browser. (One page tiled with multiple Android emulators running.)

Jows
May 8, 2002

teethgrinder posted:

My 70 year old mother-in-law learned from Katana and is completely obsessed fwiw. She's always liked newspaper puzzle games though, so it was fun to introduce something new-to-her. (She does play on an old Samsung Tab as opposed to a phone.)

I like Katana, it makes the big 80x80s a little less intimidating to do with the items you can use.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Hughlander posted:

Depending on what you're looking for, just running Android-x86 in HyperV and pointing VNC at it as an option. I run multiple installations and control them through NoVNC in a chrome browser. (One page tiled with multiple Android emulators running.)

I was gonna play games in it.

TerraErk
Nov 30, 2009
There is a version of Bluestacks that runs with Hyper-V but it isn't really advertised anywhere. I've been running it for a few months since I had to install Docker on my home PC and it runs just as well as the normal version of Bluestacks I think.

https://support.bluestacks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041390952-How-to-use-BlueStacks-on-Windows-10-with-Hyper-V-enabled

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
anybody playing Bit Heroes? There's no thread, is there?

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Im surprised nobody seems to have noticed the Journey devs launched a pretty chill mobile game in the same vein called Sky. Its a nice coop thing with a minimal cash shop and really fun gameplay. It really looks like its supposed to be related to Journey, at least that's the impression I get.
Very reccomend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Dreadwroth2 posted:

Im surprised nobody seems to have noticed the Journey devs launched a pretty chill mobile game in the same vein called Sky. Its a nice coop thing with a minimal cash shop and really fun gameplay. It really looks like its supposed to be related to Journey, at least that's the impression I get.
Very reccomend.

Eh, I tried it for maybe an hour. The game loop didn't hook me. Granted, I wasn't particularly taken with Journey either.