Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Important to note that Doyle doesn't have any living issue. This is just some extended family trying to coast on his name

I mean, sure, this makes it extra bad, but anything beyond the creator's kids should be poo poo out of luck—and even then we should be sticking with death+25 at most. Sorry Great Ormond Street Hospital, but there should be no system through which intellectual property rights are perpetual. And get hosed, shambling corpse of Walt Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Law & Order was incredibly important to the New York/New Jersey acting scene, and HBO continues to be so through today. You had hundreds of actors getting parts and then suggesting friends and colleagues for other roles and it just went on and on. Most of those shows were/are either shot on location or at Silvercup Studios in Queens.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oh man, the mothership and SVU kept NY film alive through the dark times (i.e. low/no tax credit). Things were absolutely booming until covid hit.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Law & Order was incredibly important to the New York/New Jersey acting scene, and HBO continues to be so through today. You had hundreds of actors getting parts and then suggesting friends and colleagues for other roles and it just went on and on. Most of those shows were/are either shot on location or at Silvercup Studios in Queens.

One thing that always amuses me when I think about it is that the final fight in Highlander was both shot and set at the Silvercup Studios. The first half was filmed on a soundstage dressed to look like the roof of the building they were in.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

It still is.

You know how simple yet valuable it is to nab a one-line part on SVU? Put that on a resume on the back of a headshot and you're already in a better position than a bunch of other people.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
"Yes, Detective Ice-T, I, the one-shot CSI tech character, have determined that preliminary lab results indicate the victims butthole was tampered with."

*acting career takes off like rocket*

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jedit posted:

One thing that always amuses me when I think about it is that the final fight in Highlander was both shot and set at the Silvercup Studios. The first half was filmed on a soundstage dressed to look like the roof of the building they were in.

Strong The Room energy, where Tommy hired a crew to build a set of a rooftop outside, and build a green screen behind it, so he could digitally add in the background of the roof of a building he owns and could have shot on.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Someone chose to fund this :geno:

I mean, I'm all for more giant monsters, but... really?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It's funny because beer.

Although I will admit, the idea of drunken kaiju could be pretty funny.

Or maybe something like Druken Master, but mechas.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 20, 2020

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

"Yes, Detective Ice-T, I, the one-shot CSI tech character, have determined that preliminary lab results indicate the victims butthole was tampered with."

*acting career takes off like rocket*

It works if you play the villains, take Pablo Schreiber for instance, who played a recurring serial rapist on SVU’s extremely dumb and maudlin attempt at a series arc and nowadays gets to be the Halo Master Chief!

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

In 2002, every one of us nodded and said, "Huh, that makes you think," at a poster of Pulp Fiction that was just a samurai sword, chainsaw, and baseball bat set against a red-and-yellow background, and we are still paying the price.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Proteus Jones posted:

It's funny because beer.

?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

Strong The Room energy, where Tommy hired a crew to build a set of a rooftop outside, and build a green screen behind it, so he could digitally add in the background of the roof of a building he owns and could have shot on.

Not really; the scene involved destroying the Silvercup sign. Leaving aside the safety issues, they weren't going to do that. That's why it's funny in Highlander and stupid in The Room.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Important to note that Doyle doesn't have any living issue. This is just some extended family trying to coast on his name and make themselves such a nuisance, that companies will pay them a small sum out of court to make them go away. Same principle as patent and trademark trolls.

The only Sherlock Holmes book not fully in the public domain is the last one, and nobody cares because it was mostly poo poo.

Also important to note, Holmes shows emotions all the loving times in the earlier books.

Lol. Literally in his introduction in the first published story when he' meeting Watson he's ecstatic and described as "delighted as a child with a new toy".

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

I am both surprised and completely unsurprised that we haven't seen a Top Ten adaptation

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MasqueradeOverture posted:

It still is.

You know how simple yet valuable it is to nab a one-line part on SVU? Put that on a resume on the back of a headshot and you're already in a better position than a bunch of other people.

Not as important as it used to be, considering the original Law & Order and Criminal Intent have been off the air for years.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

poo poo I completely forgot about Top Ten.

And yes, we need an HBO/Prime series of that ASAP. (not Netflix because they'd cancel that poo poo after 2 seasons)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/st...ingawful.com%2F

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Not as important as it used to be, considering the original Law & Order and Criminal Intent have been off the air for years.

True, but a couple of current NBC & CBS procedural shows use the same casting office, so the effect is the same.

That's hot.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Baron von Eevl posted:

They also built a whole set for an alleyway and they use it for 1 very very short scene instead of just shooting in an actual alleyway

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Was it the alley that was supposed to show up later but he had it taken down because he didn't want to shoot both scenes there back to back, or was it the rooftop set they had to keep tearing down and rebuilding? Also remember he built the roof set outside so they had to deal with shifting natural light and get like 20 different kinds of backgrounds from his actual roof to try and match the changing light.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like how the cape hangs on to the shoulders.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

dantheman650 posted:

Is this any good? Lost in Translation is one of my all-time favorite films but Bling Ring was so forgettable.
i deeply hate this movie

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

poo poo I completely forgot about Top Ten.

And yes, we need an HBO/Prime series of that ASAP. (not Netflix because they'd cancel that poo poo after 2 seasons)

As opposed to Alan Moore, who ... cancelled that poo poo after two seasons. But not before tanking all the good things about it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Adequate amounts of bat on the poster, is lacking in the amount of man thou.

At the moment how are we to not this simple is a comic about a bat who's name is 'man'. Further clarity of idea needed 2/10

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Proteus Jones posted:

It's funny because beer.

Been done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DybDx6HsGW4

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

They shrink down to blow up a dick, then flee through the pubes.

This must be the plotline, has to be.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

For a split second I thought that was the Weinermobile.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

caligulamprey posted:

For a split second I thought that was the Weinermobile.

Now i’m disappointed it isn’t.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Jedit posted:

A little bit off topic, but it definitely sums up the year:

Cover your nose, you bastard! :argh:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

THE BAR posted:

Cover your nose, you bastard! :argh:

Post/avatar combo. But yeah, Freddie Prinze Jr not wearing his mask correctly was my favourite part of that.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm sorta... hyped for this?

BOP was pretty drat good and the style/story of the SS game looks dope (Superman has gone apeshit and the SS is tasked with killing him)

Maybe DC has turned a corner, he says having learned nothing.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I mean, it's Gunn writing about a bunch of hosed up weirdos. He has a pretty good track record making movies about that.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Marin Karin posted:

I mean, it's Gunn writing about a bunch of hosed up weirdos. He has a pretty good track record making movies about that.

Apparently there's even going to be a semi-humanoid CG rodent mocapped by his brother. Do what works, I guess?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Weasels are mustelids!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xealot posted:

Apparently there's even going to be a semi-humanoid CG rodent mocapped by his brother. Do what works, I guess?

He keeps making his bother into horrible mutant creatures and it owns.