Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Been slowly working through the NES. It's such a nice build until the scrolling background.

Then it is utter poo poo. I can't ever remember a build going from so much fun to utter slog like this. The only other build I can think of with such disparity is the first two bags of Ninjago City. Those are pretty bad but then it's glorious until the end.

I think I have one more bag before the background is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I didn’t mind the water stage of NC. Everyone complains about it but when I was done I said “that’s it?” Repetition is not something to fear with builds imo.

E: in fact it was seeing NC Docks with and particularly its water tile arrangement in a display at the Lego store that planted the seed in my mind to get both of them. At the time it seemed totally extravagant to someone used to the standard blue baseplate to represent water, but I could see it represented a quantum leap in the evolution of lego. It was a done deal and a must have- no regrets whatsoever and can’t wait for the Gardens.

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 20, 2020

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:laffo:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Quick, someone make a Groverhaus with load-bearing hoses and exposed technic beams

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
What is this groverhaus thing? I’ve seen it brought up a few times in the last few days.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Grover was a goon who posted nonsense about lasers in DoD and then self-built a nonsensical house in a swamp pretending to be an exurb. I’m really underselling it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
He was a mod and ruined his house through load bearing drywall.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

What is this groverhaus thing? I’ve seen it brought up a few times in the last few days.
original thread(most if not all images/links are dead what with it being nearly 15 years ago)

imgur gallery with a bunch of photos

it was an absolute clusterfuck. one of the more iconic images was of him digging up his entire yard and it just being a horrible mudpit mid-construction

there was a twitter thread that went over all the nightmarish design decisions made during construction and revived the legendary tale of Groverhaus to the modern day but I don't think it exists anymore.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

This picture is where the shed playing a horn gang tag came from
<----

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
He couldn't get approval to build his lovely house so he got himself "qualified" and then approved it on his own.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

AFewBricksShy posted:

This picture is where the shed playing a horn gang tag came from
<----
:grovertoot: holy lol

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

there was a twitter thread that went over all the nightmarish design decisions made during construction and revived the legendary tale of Groverhaus to the modern day but I don't think it exists anymore.

Is it this one?

https://twitter.com/3liza/status/891475977183739905?s=19

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Yes. Yes it is.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
The reason Groverhaus has had a particular resurgence this week is, thanks to the absurdly detailed map, you can find and crash a plane into it in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. If it somehow also featured Doobie ziplining, it would be the perfect microcosm of goon projects.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
You forgot Zybourne Clock, which may be the funniest of all

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

SkeletonHero posted:

The reason Groverhaus has had a particular resurgence this week is, thanks to the absurdly detailed map, you can find and crash a plane into it in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.
Gonna need a video or screenshot of this asap tia

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I am proud in a way that's hard to articulate that this was immortalized in Fallout: New Vegas.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

Gonna need a video or screenshot of this asap tia

I am proud in a way that's hard to articulate that this was immortalized in Fallout: New Vegas.

https://twitter.com/poddtadre/status/1295727359367286793?s=20

e:
https://twitter.com/BoldlyBuilding2/status/1295870236080648192?s=20

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 20, 2020

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Grover also thought that being a government contractor made him equivalent to being a military officer and should qualify him to be moderator of the goons in platoons forum.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Aw yiss my preorder of the SW rise of the resistance ride based set shipped early from Target

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1296515406551814144?s=20

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That looks like something that is going to be gone forever on day one and immediately jacked up 5x on ebay.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Waltzing Along posted:

That looks like something that is going to be gone forever on day one and immediately jacked up 5x on ebay.

Yep.

Also looks like it’s about 40 pieces, meh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Should be 29.99 but it's a cool set. I like that they just made it look cool and went for the AFOL crowd instead of trying to make a playset out of it tbh. I think it's a good choice for that scene. Also, bespin Luke is one of the maybe 10 OT characters/variants I don't have since I skipped UCS Cloud City, so I'll bite.

Why do you guys think it will be hard to find? I don't think any of the other target exclusives have been.

Edit: wow UCS cloud city has gone wayyyyy up in price, Jesus. Maybe I shouldn't have slept on that one. Lol the few SW sets who prices shoot through the roof right after they go OOP are the ones I don't buy.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 20, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Because it was the comic con set. Unless they decided to produce a ton more in the short time since it was canceled.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, poo poo. That's entirely possible then.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Too bad, that'd be my first star wars set in 20 years if I could get it. Its the most dramatic scene in the whole ennealogy.¹

¹Ennealogy is a 9 part story. I learned a new word today.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
It's on the Lego website as well, so can probably get it there.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

DOOMBATH is also up there.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Zedd posted:

DOOMBATH is also up there.

Was that the guy who cut into floor joists so he could install a moldy rock garden that would attract :females:?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Was that the guy who cut into floor joists so he could install a moldy rock garden that would attract :females:?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3813464&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Waltzing Along posted:

Because it was the comic con set. Unless they decided to produce a ton more in the short time since it was canceled.
On Lego site too https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/bespin-duel-75294

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
apparently i got drunk and bought this from amazon, not realizing that it wasn't legit lego

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

That’s halfway to a scooby doo color scheme. You owe it to yourself to finish it off.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TheMadMilkman posted:

That’s halfway to a scooby doo color scheme. You owe it to yourself to finish it off.

i'll build it saturday probably to see how bad it is

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

What was the best way to wash LEGO again? I remember it involved a washer. My friends new cat apparently has been using his sons LEGO storage crate as litter box

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Mesh bag, dishwasher.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Mesh bag, dishwasher.

Any certain setting? Do you just us dishwasher soap? Or just let the the hot water go to town?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Looks like the Hagrid and Buckbeak Brick Headz that leaked a month or so ago is going to be the GWP to coincide with the Diagon Alley release.

Not planning to buy the later so personally I'm a bit gutted to be missing out.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I’ve washed them in a pillow case in the washing machine. Gentle cycle, warm water, little bit of detergent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
If you have any old old pieces, make sure the water is less than 40C, or wash them separately in cooler water (they will warp otherwise)