Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cda

by Hand Knit
more testing

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stooge

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Yeah, well sorta. I worked at a 25 barrel brewery in Seattle for a bit over a year doing mostly cellar work, then I got a head brewer position at a really tiny place in Osaka two years ago and quit after a year and change to be head brewer at another place but have been waiting for the brewing license for a year at this point so starting get restless looking for another brewing gig.

That's good to know that I wasn't being optimistic thinking I can move from packing to brewing eventually. Just takes time.

Which brewery in Seattle if you don't mind me asking? It's the only place in the states I have visited. I hope you manage to find your next job soon. Osaka is a very cool city, I had some excellent blueberry pie there.

wearing a lampshade

Goons Are Great posted:

Do you guys have houseplants? Tell me about your plant friends!

basil that we keep killing and reviving

wearing a lampshade

cda posted:

more testing

what are you testing

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

Goons Are Great posted:

My house is experiencing a houseplant boom. Since march we have gone from 5 house plants in dire straits to 25 thriving houseplants. It has definitely been a major improvement for the house, hopefully we can keep them alive through winter. My favorites are our Silver and Golden Pothos', our Wandering Jew, the 3 different types of Calathea, and the Monstera Adansonii aka swiss cheese plant.

Now we've got some Begonias too that we are going to put on a shelf under my record shelf in the living room. Plant life.

beer pal

i was gonna grow basil one time cus the grocery only sold it at the time as those little plants with a root ball but it was the type of basil that smells like cat pee & i couldnt take it

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
We've killed basil every time we've tried to grow it indoors... twice.

We are gonna make a lil herb garden in a trough that is too tall for my dogs to piss in tho.

cda

by Hand Knit

albany academy posted:

what are you testing

when i have posted in this thread recently, after i make my post for a second the stylesheet does not apply...i am responding to your post, but this is also, sneakily, a further test

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
wtf now it's fine?

----------------

beer pal

i wake up sweating, my room dark... out of the corner of my eye i could swear i saw a grey post... but i turn to look and its gone...

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

astral

cda posted:

wtf now it's fine?

the last page had a rather large video; perhaps that might have influenced things?

cda

by Hand Knit
only one wya to find out

deep dish peat moss posted:

Hi byob I'm back atcha with another cat post

My cat Millie is really skittish and doesn't like being pet or touched mostly. But when she does want to be pet she will walk up to me, stare at me until I look at her, meow once, flop over on her side and then show me her belly. Then I reach down to per her and she will grab my hand with all 4 of her paws and guide it to where she wants me to pet or scratch her

And when she's done this is what she does to tell me no more

https://i.imgur.com/8HhhvFd.mp4

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
and now...I post

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
still seems fine. but who knows. that does seem to be an obvious culprit

----------------

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

These are the first two plants I’ve owned and cared for in my life. They’ve been keeping me company in quarantine. Haven’t killed them yet!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

deep dish peat moss posted:

Hi byob I'm back atcha with another cat post

My cat Millie is really skittish and doesn't like being pet or touched mostly. But when she does want to be pet she will walk up to me, stare at me until I look at her, meow once, flop over on her side and then show me her belly. Then I reach down to per her and she will grab my hand with all 4 of her paws and guide it to where she wants me to pet or scratch her

And when she's done this is what she does to tell me no more

https://i.imgur.com/8HhhvFd.mp4
feel-good post of 2020

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Prof. Crocodile

ok look i don't want to alarm anybody but the ninja museum has just been robbed. this is not a drill. or maybe it is. i don't anymore than you do at this point.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-53854371

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I learnt today that the Harry Potter Puppet Pals guy was a goon and I don't know what do do with that information :psyduck:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Manifisto

beer pal posted:

i was gonna grow basil one time cus the grocery only sold it at the time as those little plants with a root ball but it was the type of basil that smells like cat pee & i couldnt take it

I just bought a supermarket basil a few hours ago . . . last year I followed a guide for taking cuttings to make a bunch more basil plants and it worked amazingly well, I had nearly infinite basil that summer. hope it works again!

I think this is the guide:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byoEBdVoVpM

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Another batch of foster kittens has arrived!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3x9Y82S0uU

I made sure to film properly and it still shows as portrait mode stupid phone

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Goons Are Gifts

Pet Modus activated. Petting stuff now to compensate lack of pettable pets.

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

Pet Modus activated. Petting stuff now to compensate lack of pettable pets.

They are little and plump and soft and squeaky and tried to burrow into my hair. :kimchi:

Prof. Crocodile

xcheopis posted:

Another batch of foster kittens has arrived!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3x9Y82S0uU

I made sure to film properly and it still shows as portrait mode stupid phone

:gerty:

Goons Are Gifts

xcheopis posted:

They are little and plump and soft and squeaky and tried to burrow into my hair. :kimchi:

PETTING BREAD NOW, NEED TO PET PETS

CONSIDERING PETTING ANTS AS NEXT STEP

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

PETTING BREAD NOW, NEED TO PET PETS

CONSIDERING PETTING ANTS AS NEXT STEP

*sounds of GaG desperately trying to glue fur to ants*

Goons Are Gifts

No worries, most temperate ants already have a thick fur, including my ants, so I'm going to go to pet town tonight after sticking my hand into the ant nest in a sudden movement

xcheopis

Goons Are Great posted:

No worries, most temperate ants already have a thick fur, including my ants, so I'm going to go to pet town tonight after sticking my hand into the ant nest in a sudden movement

A cunning plan that is sure to succeed!

astral

Old ants with gray hair telling the young'uns about the Great Ant Massacre of 2020.

Goons Are Gifts

Believe me, looking at my ants and their numbers, it will be the great hand massacre 2020 instead

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i've done it friends. i am barnold

nut

barnwho?????? I don’t recognize the namechange without a cat pic

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

nut posted:

barnwho?????? I don’t recognize the namechange without a cat pic

nut

that’s the stuff

Robot Made of Meat

Goons Are Great posted:

I have some tree philodendrons that my neighbor gave me in . . . umm. 1986? drat.

Anyway, they're huge and old and they seem to enjoy being root bound and neglected. Perfect plants for me. I also have a Dracena and a rubber-tree plant.

GAG should know something about rubber-tree plants, and the unlikelihood of their being moved by ants.

Robot Made of Meat fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 21, 2020

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

bog pixie

beer pal posted:

i wake up sweating, my room dark... out of the corner of my eye i could swear i saw a grey post... but i turn to look and its gone...

cda

by Hand Knit

barnold posted:

Need a new sig

Prof. Crocodile

barnold posted:

another qcs byob success story

barnold

cda posted:

Need a new sig

i know :( i didn't think about it when i made the change but now i'm all primed and lubed up for a brand spankin new fall yob sig

Trying

cat pirate, so what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying

setting my whiskers on fire to intimidate my enemies then later getting stuck in a narrow thoroughfare due to my own hubris