Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jedit posted:

And people are receiving updates for TEPirates? I'm not.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/tiny-epic-pirates/posts/2924817

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m pretty sure that fulfillment thing was for add-ons of other games as several of them were in reprint.

Yeah it's just worded poorly

Promo shots look dope though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Jedit posted:

And people are receiving updates for TEPirates? I'm not.

Are you using yahoo email? For the past week or so most KS emails haven't been coming through. Kickstarter's page asks me to re-verify but I don't get the verification email either. Searching suggests that this is happening to others too, so hopefully they can work it out sometime.

How well does changing KS email address work, for stuff that is not set sent?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So I got Here to Slay about two weeks ago.

It's not really a good game, I'm afraid.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

So I got Here to Slay about two weeks ago.

It's not really a good game, I'm afraid.

That’s disappointing

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

kordansk posted:

That’s disappointing
I mean, maybe other people will like it better? It's not great, though. The game offers two win conditions - (1) get a full party, (2) kill three monsters. The "full party" win condition is incredibly easy, and it turns out that the optimal strategy in a game called Here to Slay is not actually to slay any monsters. It's a really short game, which makes all the card text on heroes, etc. kind of wasted.

It's pretty, and looks neat, but gameplay is not amazing.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The Hellboy rpg is smashing stretch goals; wish it wasn't 5e, but I backed it.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Hollandia posted:

The Hellboy rpg is smashing stretch goals; wish it wasn't 5e, but I backed it.

And the endless dominance of 5e marches on.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shout out to Geeknson who thought it would be a good idea to launch another gaming table up against Wrymwood who just broke the $7 million USD mark.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Friend has a Geeknson table, it's pretty nice and also UK-based so the shipping wouldn't be as absurd

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Well, they've made their goal so they can't be too upset about it. Also I wonder how many people who would've otherwise gone for the Wyrmwood one will pledge for the Geeknson one because it'll deliver sooner.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

senrath posted:

Well, they've made their goal so they can't be too upset about it. Also I wonder how many people who would've otherwise gone for the Wyrmwood one will pledge for the Geeknson one because it'll deliver sooner.

I imagine that's the big selling point - "delivery before 2022".

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh yeah it's def a really nice table, it's just.. why would you try and launch against another table KS that is already raking in millions.

Poorly timed, or just trying to hoover up some of that sweet sweet table cash.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Avalon Big Box ends today
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2012515236/quest-avalon-deluxe

Yall should get in on that, cause the art looks dope (And you can just not use the extra roles if you don't like them)

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I’m not buying The Resistance a third time damnit.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.

djfooboo posted:

I’m not buying The Resistance a third time damnit.

You might say that you’re experiencing some resistance to the idea, even.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I don't know if anyone else backed it, but my Loot of Lima arrived today. Lots of tokens to pop out, and the box won't close flush after assembling all the player aids.

Looking forward to trying out solo mode tomorrow.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently my Crokinole board is sitting in a dock somewhere in Victoria, and they don't know exactly where it is atm :negative:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

The Nemesis Lockdown pledge manager is up and they have a bunch of new stuff but there's these box insert organizers that start at $60 and you need one for the stretch goals so for everything you'd need 4 which is like $275US

Is that insane or am I missing something here?

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

CODChimera posted:

The Nemesis Lockdown pledge manager is up and they have a bunch of new stuff but there's these box insert organizers that start at $60 and you need one for the stretch goals so for everything you'd need 4 which is like $275US

Is that insane or am I missing something here?

It's insane.

I guess it probably has something to do with them being loaded with art, which inserts usually aren't. But still. Ridiculous. Thankfully, I'm hearing the default inserts that come in the box(es) are pretty good, and can vouch for the one in Tainted Grail being quite usable.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

malkav11 posted:

It's insane.

I guess it probably has something to do with them being loaded with art, which inserts usually aren't. But still. Ridiculous. Thankfully, I'm hearing the default inserts that come in the box(es) are pretty good, and can vouch for the one in Tainted Grail being quite usable.

The inserts in all of the original Nemesis games were very usable and organize things pretty nicely, so I don't see any reason why you'd need new expensive ones.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But_shes_got_a_new_hat.jpg

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Vidmaster posted:

The inserts in all of the original Nemesis games were very usable and organize things pretty nicely, so I don't see any reason why you'd need new expensive ones.

Mostly I'd be hoping to be able to condense down into fewer boxes. But it kinda sounds from other feedback like that is unlikely to happen, period.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Steamforged games is doing a Monster Hunter World minis game kickstarter sometime next year. I've never really paid attention to their other campaigns for Darks Souls etc. How did they end up?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pretty sure that will sell a bajillion gazillion copies regardless of quality, because people want the minis for D&D

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
There better be a pledge level where I can buy only photobomb lizard.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

dwarf74 posted:

I mean, maybe other people will like it better? It's not great, though. The game offers two win conditions - (1) get a full party, (2) kill three monsters. The "full party" win condition is incredibly easy, and it turns out that the optimal strategy in a game called Here to Slay is not actually to slay any monsters. It's a really short game, which makes all the card text on heroes, etc. kind of wasted.

It's pretty, and looks neat, but gameplay is not amazing.

I thought the same thing. We played a few 4 player games and it seems like everyone gets enough cards to stop 1-2 players from winning and then the third just wins with no one able to do anything. It felt like a worse unstable unicorns with the added distraction of the monsters.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Steamforged games is doing a Monster Hunter World minis game kickstarter sometime next year. I've never really paid attention to their other campaigns for Darks Souls etc. How did they end up?

DS is an adequate game, but even for a big boardgame kickstarter, it was extremely delayed and delivered in extra waves, with a year between waves iirc.

Pennfalath fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 26, 2020

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

All I want is a cool Pukei Pukei mini, but I will definitely pass on everything else.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

DS was a mess but can be made enjoyable with some serious house ruling. Worth noting that the designers basically gave up trying to do better than the online variant writers with the old "it's a toolkit for making the game you want to play" excuse.

I enjoyed Resident Evil 2, it's a fun and tense co-op that doesn't over-reach.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Chekans 3 16 posted:

I only played the Dark Souls game once, but it was a genuine slog to play through. I am not sure if this actually captures the experience of playing Dark Souls, now that I think about it.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Dark Souls is a bad boardgame that was fulfilled terribly.

Steamforged also just axed their flagship miniatures game with no warning and then blamed the fan base for it.

Don't give Steamforged money.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I bought into Dark Souls based on their reputation from Guildball.

That was, believe it or not, very reasonable at the time.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Probably not going to be for me then, thanks for the info. I love Monster Hunter but not enough to drop that much on a suspect game system that might get abandoned.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Aren't they a VC company now anyway?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

malkav11 posted:

It's insane.

Thought so, just double checking. Kinda weird because AR seem reasonably priced from what i've seen.

There's also a Darkest Dungeons board game coming out sometime

rydiafan posted:

Dark Souls is a bad boardgame that was fulfilled terribly.

Steamforged also just axed their flagship miniatures game with no warning and then blamed the fan base for it.

Don't give Steamforged money.

Oh that's the guild ball company? That's a shame because they make some nice minis

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Hey Everybody,

I've been working on a game project for the past three years, based on a science fantasy IP I've been developing for over ten. It's called Antematter, and it's about space pirates and space poker. The goal is to earn the largest stack of chips by plundering a board with shifting planets that orbit every turn, and by taking your loot to the poker table to play what we've coined "Mario Kart Poker." There's 6, well, now 7 different crews to play as, each with its own unique deck of cards that interact with the board and poker gameplay. Each card is its own character, and every character has a story behind them. We've been getting really good responses and reviews. We launched it on Kickstarter a couple days ago, and it's going pretty well so far, so check it out if any of that sounds good!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/antematter/antematter/

Lemme know if you have any questions!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Trudis posted:

Hey Everybody,

I've been working on a game project for the past three years, based on a science fantasy IP I've been developing for over ten. It's called Antematter, and it's about space pirates and space poker. The goal is to earn the largest stack of chips by plundering a board with shifting planets that orbit every turn, and by taking your loot to the poker table to play what we've coined "Mario Kart Poker." There's 6, well, now 7 different crews to play as, each with its own unique deck of cards that interact with the board and poker gameplay. Each card is its own character, and every character has a story behind them. We've been getting really good responses and reviews. We launched it on Kickstarter a couple days ago, and it's going pretty well so far, so check it out if any of that sounds good!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/antematter/antematter/

Lemme know if you have any questions!
That looks fuckin sweet, man. Snuck my way into an abandoned early bird pledge.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I honestly don't mean this snidely, but:

23 scrolls of the mouse wheel before I get to description of the gamplay :coffeepal:

vvv Yeah I mean kickstarter exclusive comic and t-shirts and all kinds of stuff is before the gameplay, it's super buried.

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 27, 2020

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah starting with a massive stretch goals image that leads into several more images of components and stuff is kinda rough, took me a while to figure out what the game actually was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
Yeah we're working on slimming those stretch goals down a bit. You guys think that the gameplay should go above the components? We're not trying to hide how the game works or anything, but we've just heard that people like to see what exactly they're getting before they even care what the game is about.