Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
So I took these a while ago in Japan, but thought they were all very AI.

Click for big!

Because why not?

Ferrari of some description?

Cosy G Wagon

I really liked this colour, and the garage was spotlessly clean. Very cool.

BMW 850

Skyline in the snow at Appi Kogen, I fell on my rear end a bunch taking this due to not wearing proper shoes and the carpark being a block of ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"of some description" lmao. Great shots.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

lil bip posted:

So I took these a while ago in Japan, but thought they were all very AI.

Click for big!

Because why not?

This shows dedication.

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
I really was not sure if the caddy was just there forever, or actually driven. But cool either way haha

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

lil bip posted:

I really was not sure if the caddy was just there forever, or actually driven. But cool either way haha

It's probably driven. A big block monstrosity like that costs around $1000 a year in road tax so if they weren't driving it, they'd probably de-register it and hand over the plates.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

:c00l:

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

At least the car is appropriately derpy for an adult that would ride a scooter.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Funny how they lump all motorsports as sexist because of one sexist rear end in a top hat. I'm sure there are others but come on.

I worked in NASCAR for three years, there were lots of women working as well and never witnessed any sexism going on. And that was like '04 to '07.

Honestly, speak to any woman in the car industry or even who is just an enthusiast and the level of mansplaining, gatekeeping, and just outright harassment is pretty horrifying.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

nm posted:

Honestly, speak to any woman in the car industry or even who is just an enthusiast and the level of mansplaining, gatekeeping, and just outright harassment is pretty horrifying.

I've become friends with the saleswoman that sold me my Dodge, from a primarily Ram dealership. Guys buying cars can be huge assholes. Imagine going on a test drive with a dude that tries hitting on you and physically touching you, not to mention all of the condescension.

Which means "to talk down to"

:dadjoke:

But seriously she has some horrorshow stories

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

poo poo, all women have horror stories about interactions with men. It's one of the most depressing things to learn about as a man, that a large chunk of other dudes are actually just terrible humans who can't interact with women without being creepy, inappropriate weirdos or worse.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Let me tell you about the poo poo I saw/heard about in twenty years of military service

:(

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Turns out most people are terrible, gasp

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

poo poo, all women have horror stories about interactions with men. It's one of the most depressing things to learn about as a man, that a large chunk of other dudes are actually just terrible humans who can't interact with women without being creepy, inappropriate weirdos or worse.

Yeah that's pretty much the point I failed to get across, that it has nothing to do with motorsports just this:

Suburban Dad posted:

Turns out most people are terrible, gasp

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Went to a huge meet/cruise on Sunday in SoCal. Quite the variety. Yes I wore my mask.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Pretty much all that poo poo right there rules. The new stuff doesn't tickle my balls but the old Americana is just :eyepop:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Pretty much all that poo poo right there rules. The new stuff doesn't tickle my balls but the old Americana is just :eyepop:

There were easily 300+ cars. Probably more. It was pretty wild. Search "Quarantine Cruise Huntington Beach" on Youtube if you want more.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

All day, every day.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Looks like a MR-S and a first-gen Audi TT had a baby, but the doctor presiding over the delivery was a early 00s Dodge.

Horrific. Ugly. Nauseating.

I hope they make thousands.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Chinatown posted:

Went to a huge meet/cruise on Sunday in SoCal. Quite the variety. Yes I wore my mask.

OK, all this was choice, but bulgy fenders on classic muscle gives me the happy brains.

quote:

That's a rarity in the States.

quote:

If I ever have to use accessible transport...

quote:

Is that a Tesla Model 3 with a custom front end and lowering?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Prong Song posted:

Looks like a MR-S and a first-gen Audi TT had a baby, but the doctor presiding over the delivery was a early 00s Dodge.

Horrific. Ugly. Nauseating.

I hope they make thousands.

It’s from 2002. It had the 2.4L turbo 4 from the SRT4 but longitudinally mounted, and spinning the rear wheels through a six speed manual.

OF COURSE they never built it.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Mopars lined up is the poo poo, Mopar made the best muscle cars of that era imo.

The 69 Charger and 72 Roadrunner are my favorites since I was a kid.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I still have dreams of one of these in black with a birdseye maple veneer siding and mother of pearl inlay surrounding it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

I still have dreams of one of these in black with a birdseye maple veneer siding and mother of pearl inlay surrounding it.

No lie I took my license test at 16 in one! :D

Spent alot of time in the rear facing seats as a kid on family roadtrips.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

MrYenko posted:

It’s from 2002. It had the 2.4L turbo 4 from the SRT4 but longitudinally mounted, and spinning the rear wheels through a six speed manual.

OF COURSE they never built it.

I wonder if it would have been even worse than the Solstice/Sky at being a car.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Roadmaster baby,

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chinatown posted:

There's always an Australian Holden ute at one of these things, but I've never seen a Ford ute.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Memento posted:

There's always an Australian Holden ute at one of these things, but I've never seen a Ford ute.

The Falcon ute would be a lot harder to convert to LHD because there was never any tooling for it, compared to the Commodore

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That looks like an awesome show. I love that there are cars from all niches there. The roadmaster owns the most though of all the things I see pictured.

Darchangel posted:

Is that a Tesla Model 3 with a custom front end and lowering?

That's gotta be on air with how much it's tucked.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

You Am I posted:

The Falcon ute would be a lot harder to convert to LHD because there was never any tooling for it, compared to the Commodore

Isn’t the play that they take a US legal G8 and re-shell it with the ute body? That’s the trick, getting around the 25yr rule, not the LHD conversion. No US legal Falcon to play the same trick. Also from memory there’s certain hardpoints in the Falcon that prevented LHD, at least that was an excuse as to why they never chased the LHD market like Holden did. Lack of tooling isn’t a problem with enough money, we do it the other way all the time here. See also RHD Ram trucks and Camaro.

In NZ, the rules are weird. Over 20 years old, fine. Otherwise, you either apply for one of 500 yearly Special Interest permits if that applies, or you spend 50k converting to RHD.

quote:

Category A: Special interest light vehicles less than 20 years old

The vehicle must be class MA, and

- be issued with a category A left-hand drive vehicle permit by the Transport Agency, and
- be manufactured in a country other than New Zealand less than 20 years before the vehicle is certified for entry in New Zealand.

The vehicle must not be operated in a transport service and must be registered in the name of the person who obtained the original category A LHD permit for a period of four years.

Requirements that the vehicle must meet

To issue a vehicle with a category A LHD vehicle permit, Waka Kotahi must either deem it to have historic value, or it must be a vehicle that was not manufactured in right-hand drive form that meets three of the following four requirements:

- the vehicle (or its make, model and submodel) is identified as being a collector's item in a commercially produced motoring publication
- the vehicle's make, model and submodel has been (or was) manufactured in annual volumes of 20,000 units or less (a scratch-built vehicle does not meet this criteria and cannot be LVV certified)
- the vehicle is, and was manufactured as, a two-door coupe or a convertible
- the vehicle is, and was manufactured as, a high-performance vehicle.

Waka Kotahi may issue up to 500 category A LHD vehicle permits per year.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Isn’t the play that they take a US legal G8 and re-shell it with the ute body? That’s the trick, getting around the 25yr rule, not the LHD conversion. No US legal Falcon to play the same trick. Also from memory there’s certain hardpoints in the Falcon that prevented LHD, at least that was an excuse as to why they never chased the LHD market like Holden did. Lack of tooling isn’t a problem with enough money, we do it the other way all the time here. See also RHD Ram trucks and Camaro.

Yes, they rebody a G8 or GTO (or really just transplant the firewall and cowl with the VIN) and there's no way that Falcon is street legal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TheBacon posted:

That's gotta be on air with how much it's tucked.

all of those in that photo were on air. there were a few minivans on air too. and some rat rods. and a few exotics. need to take more photos next time.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Angry Jeeps are lame

Also owns.

https://twitter.com/aut0mob/status/1298930106874957824?s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 27, 2020

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Do they mean the C4 Corvette or is the year wrong?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

It was a concept car that was based on the C4 and supposed to be produced in the 90s, but nothing ever happened with it. Then in 2010 some guys finally built several of them to be sold, and those were done using C5 Z06s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kq8VS9v8iM

Ror fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 28, 2020

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Angry Jeeps are lame

That looks more like a happy Jeep.

Ha-ppy JEEP
DOO DOO DOO DOODOODOO!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
I thought that was going to go so differently, but that dude and that kid are super cool.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What on Earth is a bicycle without pedals???

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

It's called a balance bike. Neat way for toddlers to get the hang of a bike without training wheels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Huh I’ve never seen one before that’s p cool