Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

oldpainless posted:

What about having an opinion on people’s opinions about them?

Also deranged. And that's my opinion on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Anyone who disagrees with me is deeply ill. They're sick, down to their very core.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's Aeris drat it. Literally unplayable

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Len posted:

It's Aeris drat it. Literally unplayable

The original wasn't voice acted so you couldn't tell that she has a lisp

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Can you rename them? I'm just going to call her Eric and avoid the whole issue.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Casey Finnigan posted:

Anyone who disagrees with me is deeply ill. They're sick, down to their very core.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

In Dying Light every single melee weapon can be customized to have multiple variations with different elemental and damage types. Same thing with shields, throwing weapons and arrows. Guns however are only a couple of set types and there's no customization at all, despite the fact that there's a mission chain to find and recruit a gunsmith to help you. (You do and all he does is spawn a bunch of regular guns for you.)

Guns in Dying Light are weird; outdoors use will attract the fast zombies who will keep coming as long as you keep using your gun, while on indoors maps you can wipe everything out with ease because guns are so powerful.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I will never not say Aeris.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

:haibrow:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I’m replaying the 1997 FF7 and renamed her to Claire and a friend got legitimately mad when I told him this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I’m replaying the 1997 FF7 and renamed her to Claire and a friend got legitimately mad when I told him this

More like oldaerithleth

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

:emptyquote:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Guns in Dying Light are weird; outdoors use will attract the fast zombies who will keep coming as long as you keep using your gun, while on indoors maps you can wipe everything out with ease because guns are so powerful.

They eventually added in "subsonic" guns and ammo but the way to get them is through a fairly difficult challenge.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Videogames are art

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Manager Hoyden posted:

Hot take: having an opinion one way or another on the three existing dad games is indicative of severe brain poisoning

It's always the same 10 posters complaining about it wherever it comes up so I think at this point it's safe to say they will never get over it

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

CJacobs posted:

It's always the same 10 posters complaining about it wherever it comes up so I think at this point it's safe to say they will never get over it

I wonder how they feel about Cats in the Cradle

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I maintain my original thesis that Kratos is an unlikable and uninteresting character.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Anyone willing to murder Zeus is at least a little likable.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Moon Monster posted:

I maintain my original thesis that Kratos is an unlikable and uninteresting character.

Have you considered playing with the television turned on?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Anyone willing to murder Zeus is at least a little likable.

Its the only way to keep him from loving your wife

E: Hell, or you even

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The only emotional beat from og Kratos that hits is in chains of Olympus. He's reunited with his wife and daughter, but he has to go stop the bad guys. you have to do the same button pushing nonsense but your pushing his daughter away while she begs you to stay.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Gave Arkham Knight another try for a bit to see if I could get into its combat system, and I remembered my love/hate relationship with the Batmobile. I actually like it pretty well but its biggest issue is that it feels kinda extraneous and forced in, like it would be great in its own game. Gotham's too convoluted and windy for me to really feel like using it to travel, and you get wonky stuff like the camera constantly fighting to position itself too low to see much ahead of you - like things just need another round of fine-tuning that they'd probably get if it was the full game, not just the new system tacked on.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

The only emotional beat from og Kratos that hits is in chains of Olympus. He's reunited with his wife and daughter, but he has to go stop the bad guys. you have to do the same button pushing nonsense but your pushing his daughter away while she begs you to stay.

It was also very emotional for me when the Shadow of Mordor guy has to sneak up on his wife like he's gonna do a stealth kill but then he kisses her instead. Makes you think.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

It was also very emotional for me when the Shadow of Mordor guy has to sneak up on his wife like he's gonna do a stealth kill but then he kisses her instead. Makes you think.

You didn't hug da Vinci back did you?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Gaius Marius posted:

I mean what's so great about the Mona Lisa anyway, really?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Gaius Marius posted:

I've restarted ACII because I missed the prompt to hug my good friend Leonardo.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

bony tony posted:

I've restarted ACII because I missed the prompt to hug my good friend Leonardo.

I wasn’t holding my controller and I didn’t grab it in time. It was the worst thing I’ve ever done in a game and I’ve drowned unhappy guests in Rollercoaster Tycoon

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I’ve drowned unhappy guests in Rollercoaster Tycoon

What else are you supposed to do, they could give you bad reviews :confused:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its not even out yet but a big UGH for the new Call of Duty from the latest trailer they put out for it has Ronald Reagan showing up and giving a little speech to the badass heroes about how necessary they are to freedom. Of course this is the same studio that put Oliver North in a game so they've always been kind of chud-y.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Its not even out yet but a big UGH for the new Call of Duty from the latest trailer they put out for it has Ronald Reagan showing up and giving a little speech to the badass heroes about how necessary they are to freedom. Of course this is the same studio that put Oliver North in a game so they've always been kind of chud-y.

Call of Duty is propaganda.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sounds like another call of duty boycott is in order!

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
The only game to feature Reagan properly was Interstate '82, where he's the villain and the last boss is him in a giant robot on the Vegas strip.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
The remake of Crystal Chronicles has absolutely ruined the multiplayer, and its so disappointing to see how they utterly crushed the feeling of a shared journey that you got from playing the original with a group of friends.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
Just got around to trying the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot and oh my god the camera just will. not. stop. moving. It's headache inducing. During cutscenes it's jittering around like water on a hot pan. Whenever you walk it tumbles about behind you like a helium balloon in a storm. Trying to strafe left or right even makes it needlessly tilt in the direction you're trying to move.

And to make it worse, the game keeps yanking what little control of the camera I have away from me. Like I walk into a set piece location and the camera has to be jerked over to zoom in on a decrepit plane. It's the only thing there game, chill out and give me a sec and I'll look at it on my own, thanks. Or I step too close to a bit of interactable scenery and lose all control of the camera for no reason. It still jitters around as it floats there, of course, but ignores my attempts to control it until I move away from the puzzle piece or whatever. But of course Lara moves relative to the camera so without camera control moving her away from said puzzle piece feels like janky rear end. Similarly, though slightly more excusably, it takes away camera control during the "run out of the collapsing tunnel" sequence, and presumably other later sequences that I'll never get to cuz I cant stand the camera enough to keep playing.

Developers of the world I implore you: just leave the cameras alone. Don't shake them. Don't jerk them around. Don't dampen player induced movement. Don't take control of them away from the player without very good reason. Don't try to infer what the player wants to look at and help them move it there. These things inevitably feel absolutely atrocious, and often cause headaches and motion sickness, in at least some people. Just keep it simple.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Morpheus posted:

The remake of Crystal Chronicles has absolutely ruined the multiplayer, and its so disappointing to see how they utterly crushed the feeling of a shared journey that you got from playing the original with a group of friends.

Can you go into more detail on this? My group was interested in getting it since it doesn’t require each of us to have a gameboy and a dumb connector cable.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Windbound looks interesting but Christ alive the controls suck tremendously.
The dodge roll animation looks awkward as hell, there's a huge wind-up and wind-down on your attacks, lock-on targeting doesn't seem to work right, and every time you stop to harvest a resource or craft something there's an overly long animation.

Also the tutorial prompts are really strange? When I first spawned it prompted me to use the camera, then it didn't prompt me on anything until after I'd: harvested a few things, figured out how to craft several things, and swum to a nearby island which almost caused me to drown.

It looks interesting but boy I'm hoping I just need to get the hang of the controls or something...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

cohsae posted:

Windbound

Never heard of it but drat, that trailer grabs me. Ultra Wind Waker vibes in some kind of open world really looks neat. Guess I should start paying attention to reviews.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

moosecow333 posted:

Can you go into more detail on this? My group was interested in getting it since it doesn’t require each of us to have a gameboy and a dumb connector cable.

Progress is only made on the hosts side so with a group of 4 people you have to do 12 seperate dungeon runs for everybody to progress a year, mostly this is a case of something that should have been made opt in just being taken out entirely. For a lot of people this is the first time they can properly play crystal chronicles multiplayer at all so this is pretty devastating to people who were hoping to have a proper journey with friends.

Game is still fun though, if a bit dated, and its nice to have at least some kind of version available at all that can be played with friends without needing a gamecube, and multiple gbas with link cables.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

But come on, the game isn't political! They said so in an interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

In the original Crystal Chronicles you can live in town with your friends and visit each other's (profession based) family shops and trade with one another, In the remake you are alone and can only see other players in dungeons.

Also there are load times everywhere for some reason.