Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone know if you get an email back from newbies@goonfleet.com if you bolloxed up you returning app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Tai posted:

Anyone know if you get an email back from newbies@goonfleet.com if you bolloxed up you returning app?

I contacted a recruiter after 11 days of no response and he said he never got my email, so I sent the deets through the in-game mail and got in a couple days later.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

NGC773 posted:

If anyone wants to read old school eve drama then check out the EVE Echoes thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932792&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=11

In short: Goons in mobile eve are being led by a J4G SA member with 28 posts. He decides to raise taxes without telling anyone. Kicks people out for calling out his lack of SA post count and has generally gone gently caress goons.

it's like poetry, it rhymes

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
No we hosed off and made a proper setup, it's way better now.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Tai posted:

Yours was fine. Unlike the rest of the inbox, which has a bunch of weird stuff that I've not seen before.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
if goonfleetswarmwaffe ever closes it's doors, I feel like the story of "when eve was 'good'" will end up being the "tragedy of the goons"

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

joined some pubbie corp to lower my tax rate while i do these intro missions and try to relearn the game and first thing i see is them bitching about the war against goons

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
What were they bitching about?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

esto es malo posted:

joined some pubbie corp to lower my tax rate while i do these intro missions and try to relearn the game and first thing i see is them bitching about the war against goons

Tell them that inside every pubby is a goon yearning to be free.

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
I really need to stop flying interdictors while shitfaced because I wake up the next morning and don't remember what happened to my ship. It's a good thing they are cheap.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

esto es malo posted:

I joined a random corp because my teaching corp was huge but didn't do any teaching. I referenced something goons did and the leader said good. :golfclap: A bit of a happy accident that they seem like cool dudes and found a nice little area of space with plenty of things to do, so I'm going to chill there for a while

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

angry armadillo posted:

I joined a random corp because my teaching corp was huge but didn't do any teaching. I referenced something goons did and the leader said good. :golfclap: A bit of a happy accident that they seem like cool dudes and found a nice little area of space with plenty of things to do, so I'm going to chill there for a while

(teaching corps exist to hoover ratting taxes to the CEOs wallet so they don't have to pay for the game, if you joined a corp that was run by players)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

orange juche posted:

(teaching corps exist to hoover ratting taxes to the CEOs wallet so they don't have to pay for the game, if you joined a corp that was run by players)

I thought that was the purpose of all corps

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

orange juche posted:

Also stroking the ego of some highsec shitler.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Hey so how hard is it to start a teaching corp and live off the isk? Asking for a friend.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Maneck posted:

Yours was fine. Unlike the rest of the inbox, which has a bunch of weird stuff that I've not seen before.

Thanks for pushing da buttan

rohoku
Jul 9, 2014

Whats the name of the goon eve mobile corp?

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

rohoku posted:

Greater Goon, tag [GROO]. Tho discussion of that should go in the relevant thread; ideally discussion should be kept separate for now since they're currently rather different games (even if the Online thread is a bit slow these days).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rutibex posted:

I thought that was the purpose of all corps

There's a difference of services provided between a space empire like GSF et al and highsec shitter looking to skim ratting taxes so he can bling out his level 4 mission running raven.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

rohoku posted:

Oh Jesus Christ.

If Goonwaffe and the Imperium is anything like the drama unfolding in the EE discussions - boy oh boy am I excited.

That drama over there is :ccb:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Don't bring that bullshit over here.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Snail Information posted:

Hey so how hard is it to start a teaching corp and live off the isk? Asking for a friend.

I never managed to pull it off because I didn't want to put in the effort of attempting to herd cats. There are people who do pull it off though.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Yeah it starts more for the ego stroking I think. After all that effort you'd have to spend giving them some vague sense of organisation, at the end of the day you've got a bunch of people who at best have gone through the tutorials and career agents so they know how to do highsec missions and mining. You're trying to skim off the top of a very shallow pool unless you train them to do more lucrative stuff, at which point you might as well just do the more lucrative stuff legitimately.

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

The barrier to entry in this game is huge - only because it takes a swath of knowledge to understand, and understanding the game mechanics and treating it with a more social mindset than you would other MMOs seems to be key.

Being so new to this and learning the ropes has been a bit rough, but enjoyable. I've had this mindset of attempting to make basic frigates work to do the Sisters of Eve epic arc and some basic pvp, but it's seeming that I havent learned enough yet to pull it off with great success. Getting into the mindset of "Dont play what you can't afford to lose" has helped a ton in my enjoyment.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

I guess I started in the wrong region because I went to travel to a sisters of eve hub to do the start mission, clicked ok to what I thought was some "getting into lower security" message, and got instantly vaporized. :v: I havent received an email back yet but w/e I got weeks of skill training left before I can be helpful so echoes it is.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

I guess I started in the wrong region because I went to travel to a sisters of eve hub to do the start mission, clicked ok to what I thought was some "getting into lower security" message, and got instantly vaporized. :v: I havent received an email back yet but w/e I got weeks of skill training left before I can be helpful so echoes it is.

Getting instantly vaporized likely means you found the triangle men invasion. Get in a different ship and try again.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

You can probably already fly a light t1 tackle frigate which is normally useful enough on fleets. I have been blown up in almost 20 slashers trying to tackle people which is good practice. I have successfully tackled like 3 people whose ships were each worth more than all twenty of those slashers combined.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

orange juche posted:

Always wondered where thoses taxes actually ended up :D

The corp I joined had 0% when I joined... then the leader left and the new guy instantly put it up to 5% I guess that should have been a red flag

DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus

Stereotype posted:

You can probably already fly a light t1 tackle frigate which is normally useful enough on fleets. I have been blown up in almost 20 slashers trying to tackle people which is good practice. I have successfully tackled like 3 people whose ships were each worth more than all twenty of those slashers combined.

Honestly this is spot on. Plus losing poo poo tier cheap tackle ships gets you used to fighting and takes away some of the mistique/locking up/adrenaline freak out when you get into your first fight.

Plus you never know when you'll tackle something worth several times your ship, maybe even grab some really expensive loot. That is the best thing as a guy that runs fleets sometimes when a new guy tackles something and has fun on their first fleet. I loving love it when new people come on fleets because they are fun as hell.

Bring your t1 stuff and let's blow some dudes up. Maybe even make a guy eject from his carrier and take it home with nothing but coercers.

OverdriveNotso
Jul 16, 2020

Snail Information posted:

All depends on the effort you put in and a bit of luck with your corp catching the right members. But don't expect passive income being an inactive CEO.

Exothermos
Nov 1, 2011

I haven’t played EVE since 2011, so I’m out of the loop. Goofing in EVE Echos has rekindled some interest in playing real EVE for me. I’m PvP focused but I don’t regularly have the time to poopsock waiting in fleets for hours on end. Back in the day I was a regular in Black Ops, which fit my play style and availability well because I could log-in for a couple of hours in Pacific TZ evenings, camp a gate or chase logistics ships, and feel like I was contributing in some minor way. Is there still a similar or compatible niche in the Alliance for that play style? When I quit, Black Ops (and Goon corps in general) was less than healthy; full of bitter vets and burnouts, and kinda disbanded.

Exothermos fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 27, 2020

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

I just made the enormous mistake of sending my "coming back from vacationer status" email.

I have a bunch of carriers stuck in plastic wrap in lowsec because my precious isk fountain Deklein was lost in my absence. 350m to get it back????

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Exothermos posted:

I haven’t played EVE since 2011, so I’m out of the loop. Goofing in EVE Echos has rekindled some interest in playing real EVE for me. I’m PvP focused but I don’t regularly have the time to poopsock waiting in fleets for hours on end. Back in the day I was a regular in Black Ops, which fit my play style and availability well because I could log-in for a couple of hours in Pacific TZ evenings, camp a gate or chase logistics ships, and feel like I was contributing in some minor way. Is there still a similar or compatible niche in the Alliance for that play style? When I quit, Black Ops (and Goon corps in general) was less than healthy; full of bitter vets and burnouts, and kinda disbanded.

Fleets are pretty chill these days, except for the keepstar defense ones. Most of them are under an hour, and there's a couple perma gatecamps and going on.

Seems like there's a half a dozen or so fleets most evenings, some more serious and some just running around chasing folks off.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
The gate camps are the most laid back things for sure. Come and go as you want and mostly just sort of hang out and talk story. Sometimes there's action and sometimes there's not, but the goal is just to make the regional gates a pain to get through. There's never enough people to actually stop a full fleet, but there's also usually nothing at the camp itself for that fleet to do and once they warp off it's fun to make sure they don't have an easy time coming back once they have a real goon fleet on their tail.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Amber Alert posted:

I just made the enormous mistake of sending my "coming back from vacationer status" email.

I have a bunch of carriers stuck in plastic wrap in lowsec because my precious isk fountain Deklein was lost in my absence. 350m to get it back????

Leave them there for now, we're going to be passing that bit of space by when we raze the rest of EVE after TEST is dead :sun:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Wibla posted:

Leave them there for now, we're going to be passing that bit of space by when we raze the rest of EVE after TEST is dead :sun:

Oh cool I'll be back for this part i liked Deklein

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

vyst posted:

Oh cool I'll be back for this part i liked Deklein

I miss JU- Standing and Guristas rats.

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

NGC773 posted:

:agesilaus:

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

NGC773 posted:

JU- Standing is still a fleet. Even if it confuses new people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

JU- Standing is still a fleet. Even if it confuses new people.

My plan succeeded