Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Storm shadow pre order is up on US. Not sure how it'll play out but says estimated delivery 9/1 or 9/2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dale-Taco posted:

I tried this a couple weeks ago and they won't ship to the US.

Keep checking they tend to have that up for the US or Canadian side on some things but it usually goes away at some point before releases happen. Seen it happen.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 28, 2020

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The_Doctor posted:

No word as yet, but never say never. The neutrona wand doesn’t appear to have any connection ports that would hook them up together anyway. Your best bet would be the $70 proton pack you can pick up from Spirit Halloween (now open!). They look really good, have lights and sound out of the box, and there’s a whole modding community if you want to make them better (the neutrona wand that comes with them is a little small).

Here, use this:

I already have the spirit pack, thank you though.

The Hasbro one you can actually screw the butt of the handle off, and there’s a replacement that has a port for a tube. Might be a sign that they’re planning on a pack.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Aug 28, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Open Marriage Night posted:

I already have the spirit pack, thank you.

The Hasbro one you can actually screw the butt of the handle off, and there’s a replacement that has a port for a tube. Might be a sign that they’re planning on a pack.

Oh for real? I have one on preorder so I’ll see at some point!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Keltar posted:

Cool stuff man, I got most of them myself. Sadly no nice set up for them.

Thanks. :) Detolfs from Ikea are some the best money I’ve ever spent. Though if you collect 6” figures, you’re gonna need to invest in some risers. But like I said, they’re around $15 for a pack of 6 in Amazon, so not too bad.

Eventually I want to get the Detolfs fitted with lights.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are the Walmart GB trap and PKE meter the best bang for the buck GB accessories?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The_Doctor posted:

Oh for real? I have one on preorder so I’ll see at some point!

I didn’t find out it existed until just before I posted. Stumbled into some video of a toy collector interviewing a prop guy for the new film, and comparing the wands. This one even has the settings for the different modes from the video game, and goes through the overheat cycle if you hold the button down long enough.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay this is kind of a great figure....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that the diamond select?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It is! For 30 bucks you get a pretty sweet figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nice, I will see if I can get one locally.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Are the Walmart GB trap and PKE meter the best bang for the buck GB accessories?

I've got both and for the price they are great. I'd have worn them out if I had them as a kid. The cycling on the PKE meter would be more fun if you could control it. The lights and sounds on the trap are pretty weak, but the motorized opening doors are rad. I modded the PKE meter to get rid of the dumb belt clip on the back, and I'm working on the trap.

I'm almost finished with a build based on Anovos's proton pack and Rabid Prototypes electronics kit. I've wanted a full sized, film accurate pack for 30 years, and I'm almost there. I was hoping to have it finished by the release of the new movie this summer, but...

I've got the 2013 Mattel Neutrino wand that I'm willing to part with if somebody is interested. This upcoming one is based on the upcoming movie and has some 'mods' to the original that I'm not nuts about.

deoju fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 28, 2020

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I might pick up the WM ones. One of my silly ideas for the new setup is putting my "arsenal" on the recesses wall of the stairwell.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

FYI the Walmart ones are the exact same ones at Spirit. So if you can’t find them, try spirit. And if they’re too pricey, wait until the day after Halloween. Or wait until the day before they close.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
First round of Wonder Woman 84 figuarts hit the streets here yesterday and sold out overnight. Going to have to wait a few weeks probably before I can get a restock.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Thanks for that, I had seen the other Toy Polloi video about the heads but not this one! I’m almost certain all the beaters I’ve got coming are Honk Kongs. Right now I plan on taking the head and arms from an Ackbar and putting them onto a B-Wing Pilot body, and sticking Greedo and Snaggletooth heads onto Pilot Luke bodies and then repainting each where necessary. I’ve been wanting to do custom Kenner stuff for a while and those seem like simple jobs just to try my hand at it.

I'd like to see how they turn out, are you making specific pilots or something from your own imagination? I'd dig a set of kenner rogue squadron customs. It would require casting a lot of heads but could probably make a good jedi council using the POTF Anakin body as a base too.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Anyone have recommendations for good, cheap lightboxes on Amazon to take photos of figures in?

Over in the Gunpla thread, Kao_Pai mentioned that he got this one from Amazon.

Here's his post with some of his shots.

Since I'd been looking for one for a while, I ordered it too. It arrived yesterday, and I have to say that I love it. It's ridiculously easy to set up (all the panel edges are lined with velcro) and has some options with the lighting in the form of keeping the reflective front open, an an attachable diffuser cloth.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Target is supposedly restocking today, so if anyone finds any Troopers or a Baroness, please take pity on a fellow goon and grab them. Nothing showing up in NYC, there were a few Red Ninjas in Brooklyn, but they're already gone as of 830am.

:negative:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Fuzz posted:

Target is supposedly restocking today, so if anyone finds any Troopers or a Baroness, please take pity on a fellow goon and grab them. Nothing showing up in NYC, there were a few Red Ninjas in Brooklyn, but they're already gone as of 830am.

:negative:

Still have the popfindr links handy? I don’t care about the figures but am happy to check if it shows available.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Louisgod posted:

Still have the popfindr links handy? I don’t care about the figures but am happy to check if it shows available.

Baroness:
https://popfindr.com/inventory/target/087-16-4933

Trooper:
https://popfindr.com/inventory/target/087-16-9726

Red Ninja:
https://popfindr.com/inventory/target/087-16-9540

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Anyone need a Walgreens Moon Knight? I have an extra one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/GoodSmile_US/status/1298823831461691392?s=20

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

Anyone need a Walgreens Moon Knight? I have an extra one.

Ooh, yes please. How much shipped to NYC?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Fuzz posted:

Ooh, yes please. How much shipped to NYC?

When I have the package in my hand I will weigh it and let you know. Its set to arrive later today.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Is Popfindr somehow better at showing in-stock vs Target's site itself? Popfindr shows my local Target having a Baroness and Beachhead but the website say they're out of stock.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

sticksy posted:

Is Popfindr somehow better at showing in-stock vs Target's site itself? Popfindr shows my local Target having a Baroness and Beachhead but the website say they're out of stock.

If it wasn't for Popfindr, I would not have found a Baroness last week. And it didn't show up on Brickseek either!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If it wasn't for Popfindr, I would not have found a Baroness last week. And it didn't show up on Brickseek either!

Awesome, good to know.

*grabs shirt and shoes and keys as I sprint to my car like an old-timey Formula 1 driver*

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sticksy posted:

Awesome, good to know.

*grabs shirt and shoes and keys as I sprint to my car like an old-timey Formula 1 driver*

Godspeed, goon. Hope you find them!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

I like that RoboCop, but $125 (give or take) seems like a lot for a six inch figure. Definitely picking up that ED209 though.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a popfindr link for the black series beskar mandalorian? I tried searching on the site but couldn’t find it, which might just mean it’s not there yet.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cool thanks. Zeros across the board but I'll keep checking.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This gave me false hope claiming there were two at a store about half an hour away and yet I arrived to find only lies and theft. (It's fine, it's a nice day for a drive.) This Target was actually pretty well stocked on everything so maybe it's actually the local Good Target.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Dawgstar posted:

This gave me false hope claiming there were two at a store about half an hour away and yet I arrived to find only lies and theft. (It's fine, it's a nice day for a drive.) This Target was actually pretty well stocked on everything so maybe it's actually the local Good Target.

I hate doing it but if you're desperate you can ask an employee to check the back for you after giving them the DPCI and confirming it's in stock. Popfindr seems to update after like a half hour so if it showed in stock it likely was somewhere.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Fuzz posted:

Godspeed, goon. Hope you find them!

I was 7 min late to the doors opening and it’s gone...:negative:

Once I got to the action figure aisle, I had to take a business call so it was mildly amusing to see a couple other desperate nerds like myself shuffle by to look forlornly at the empty shelf space where it should’ve been and do the obligatory peek-behind-the-peg-warmers-and-miscellaneous-larger-boxes to make sure it wasn’t hidden somewhere.

On a slightly positive note, Strong Guy wave is on the shelves - I’ve never been a huge Deadpool fan but now feel the desperate need to get the Pirate Deadpool. Im guessing it’s short-packed though. And Shiklah’s little shark friend is adorable and will be instantly stolen by my 6 year old

e: lol, just chatted with the department manager - he said Baroness showed as delivered late yesterday but was never stocked and never showed up as “on-hand” :thunk:

Don’t what I hate more, this dumb hobby or myself

sticksy fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 28, 2020

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yesssss landshark! :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Legends cases are not short packed. If it's 7 figures in the assortment the case will have one full set and one duplicate. If it's an 8 figure assortment one case is one full set.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there a popfindr link for the black series beskar mandalorian? I tried searching on the site but couldn’t find it, which might just mean it’s not there yet.

087-16-8467 That seems to be the DCPI numbers and 5010993749287 is the UPC and 5010993749218 / 328662756 is some other number...according to the Yakface master list.

I cannot get the website to work to find the figure, though. I'm looking for the exact same one. Not sure if I would jump on it even if it was there...I haven't been inside a store since March. Not sure if this is worth it since I have one preordered on Amazon anyway.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 28, 2020

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Legends cases are not short packed. If it's 7 figures in the assortment the case will have one full set and one duplicate. If it's an 8 figure assortment one case is one full set.

Ah ok, thanks. I figured it was something like that but it’s been awhile since I worked at KB/TRU (2x :rip:).

Guess Warpath was the dupe in this case and in my mind, the jerk who got Baroness also snagged Pirate Deadpool.

Along these same lines I probably could just ask someone there but somewhere like Walgreen’s where given the space etc they always have at most maybe 2 ML’s on the shelf, I have to guess to keep the other stuff in-stock somewhere?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

FYI the Walmart ones are the exact same ones at Spirit. So if you can’t find them, try spirit. And if they’re too pricey, wait until the day after Halloween. Or wait until the day before they close.

Heads up, when Spirit first had them a year or two ago the trap was operated by a push button an the handle. Not motorized, no pedal. The one I got from walmart a few months ago has the motor and pedal. Not sure if Spirit now carries that version. Just check the box.

The PKE Meters are the same as far as I can tell, except for the packaging.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

drat. That Ahsoka is definitely going to be my first Hot Toys. Looking forward to offloading all of my Black Series / Legends figures and just slowly replacing them with Hot Toys equivalents once I start on this slippery slope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agrias120 posted:

drat. That Ahsoka is definitely going to be my first Hot Toys. Looking forward to offloading all of my Black Series / Legends figures and just slowly replacing them with Hot Toys equivalents once I start on this slippery slope.

Probably best to keep any Black Series Landos you have then.