Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

This may be the worst thing Blower has ever drawn, but there's so much competition.

I don't even think it is the worst thing he's ever done, it just tipped me over the edge. There's nothing in the execution of the cartoon that redeems it though.

Guavanaut posted:

e: lmao just remembered this

I just can't imagine the home counties retired colonel who picks up his beloved Telegraph and sees that and goes 'hmmm yes this newspaper is worth my money'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the Tories' exam fiasco – Gavin Williamson, the education secretary, has apologised after the government’s standardisation model downgraded 40% of A-level results" After Grace Jones.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Tens of thousands gather in Minsk for biggest protest in Belarus history

Evening Standard:

New Immersive Doctor Who theatre show set during the Blitz to open in London

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Gavin's schoolboy error

David Squires:

Bonus! David Squires on Uncut Gems.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Gavin's schoolboy error

TRUST OUR TEACHERS except for when they say that kids shouldn't go back to school because of the covid in which case gently caress them they're just being lazy scroungers.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

The tabloids just want to see if they can get rid of Williamson, it's all a game for them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If they can keep the blame and anger focused on him then the silly poor people might not get as angry at the lord and saviour mop-head about the general omnishambles.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the privilege of private school – The algorithm used to determine sixth-formers’ A-level results was shown to disproportionately benefit private school pupils"

Telegraph:

Not all UK students will get first-choice place, universities warn

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Health chiefs attack 'risky and unjust' decision to scrap PHE

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Government's exams fiasco

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's not even an equation.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Why does maggie have her hands stuck in one of those finger traps? She looks pissed off about it, so carry on.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
Thomas is not a big Thatcher fan then? Also shouldn't there be a whip on that desk?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Dido Harding running new health body – Matt Hancock has defended the appointment of the Tory peer, who is currently the head of England’s widely criticised test-and-trace system, to run the new public health agency."

Telegraph:

Independent:

England to expand coronavirus infection survey to 150,000 people

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... hands-free motoring

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump and the US Postal Service – The US president’s opposition to mail-in voting – and undermining of the USPS – have sparked charges that he is trying to affect November’s election"

Telegraph:

GCSE results: proportion of entries with highest grades soars

Independent:

Covid-19 drives UK national debt to £2tn for first time

Times:

Russian activist Alexei Navalny in coma after suspected poisoning

Evening Standard:

Obama delivers searing attack on Trump and warns of grave threat to democracy

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... record GCSE results

Guardian Australian Sport:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The debt virus is certainly a choice Adcock.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
hehehehehehe they have to have 2 (two!!!!!!!!) cakes because they are twins, imagine the celebratory cake bill oh gosh oh crumbs hehehehee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :holy:

lol the daily mail really is beano for hitler fans

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

crispix posted:

hehehehehehe they have to have 2 (two!!!!!!!!) cakes because they are twins, imagine the celebratory cake bill oh gosh oh crumbs hehehehee!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :holy:

And why is there a full glass of champagne bouncing on the trampoline? Does he just see a slightly empty space and think “better fill it”? Or was the dog holding it? gently caress sake

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Government's exams fiasco

Why does the minister have a pet spider? Is that something he really has, or did Paul Thomas take too many drugs before committing this sin on paper?

Also poor spider. :( That terrarium is far too small for a spider that size.

Edit:

I did smile about "FLIES - not for Human consumption", that's almost a joke! I give this cartoon a 2 raisins out of 10.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes, he's called Cronus.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

crispix posted:

I assumed he drew two cakes and then was trying to justify it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Gavin Williamson never really moved on past the school bully phase of psychopathy so yes, he kept a spider on his desk to intimidate people when he was chief whip.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings: grading Gavin Williamson – Calls for the resignation of the education secretary have not yet died down after the exam results fiasco"

Telegraph:

Time-wasting UK makes post-Brexit deal unlikely, says Barnier

The i paper:

Inside the tent: who was Boris Johnson's holiday guest?

Times:

Mail:

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Boris Johnson's Scottish holiday – The prime minister meets the Loch Ness - or is it Mess? - monster"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Times:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson's camping holiday — The last time Boris Johnson went on a proper break he chose the Caribbean. His summer holiday had a studiedly different vibe: a remote three-bedroom cottage on the coast of Scotland – with a tent in the garden."

Telegraph:

England and Jimmy Anderson forced to play waiting game against Pakistan

Independent:

Covid outbreaks in English schools 'uncommon', says PHE

Times:

‘I’d be amazed if he survives’: top Tories turn on Gavin Williamson over exams fiasco

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on the government's muddled coronavirus messaging – The government is insisting that it’s safe for children to return to school even as police close down raves for violations of proximity guidelines"

Telegraph:

BBC considers dropping Rule Britannia from Last Night of the Proms

Times:

Kellyanne Conway to leave Trump White House at end of month

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the joys of parenthood

David Squires:

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
jfc adams talk about phoning it in

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian: Steve Bell's website:

After Hubert Lanzinger.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

BBC Proms: Rule, Britannia! and Land Of Hope And Glory will feature on Last Night

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the Proms songs row

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson blaming a 'mutant algorithm' for exams fiasco — Boris Johnson got an angry response after telling school pupils that the exam results crisis was caused by a ‘mutant algorithm’ and he was glad it had been ‘sorted out’"

Telegraph:

Nicola Sturgeon 'left no doubt' about complaints policy later used against Alex Salmond, I guess? Or Bob's just going :derp: Nicola Sturgeon exists! :derp:

Independent:

Proms row: Johnson calls for end to 'cringing embarrassment' over UK history

Times:

Republicans shatter norms by using government roles during political convention

Evening Standard:

Boris Johnson hires celebrity personal trainer to help him lose weight after coronavirus scare

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... ghost town Britain

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Adams is poo poo, Thomas is stuck in the 80s or something ridiculous (bowlers? the loving BEANO?) but other than that - a solid group. I'd loving love bumdog boris to becoming a thing

Johnson's mask-g-string is a thing of wonderhorror.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on gun crime in America – Donald Trump has dispatched hundreds of federal agents to Kenosha, the Wisconsin city rocked by protests and deadly violence since the shooting of Jacob Blake"

Telegraph:

Independent:

'Wake up and smell the coffee': Ed Davey elected Lib Dem leader

Times:

Top DfE official's exit 'proof that ministerial accountability is dead'

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Britons working from home

Guardian Australian Sport:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

when you've definitely seen a James Bond film

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Seamus Jennings on Donald Trump's convention speech — Against a backdrop of a global pandemic, heightened racial tensions, and widespread unemployment, Donald Trump framed his Democratic rival Joe Biden as the real danger to the country’s safety and economic welfare in his address to the Republican convention on Thursday"

Telegraph:

'Go back to work or risk losing your job': Major drive launched to get people returning to the office

Independent:

After Rembrandt.

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... the post-lockdown return to offices

Stephen Collins:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
tbf, that's a pretty nice control panel that bond villain has.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Britons working from home

Honestly - don't hate it at all. It's pretty good, much better than his effort the next day or anything BOB has done ever.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Red Oktober posted:

Honestly - don't hate it at all. It's pretty good, much better than...anything BOB has done ever.

You could take a poo poo, wipe your arse, take out your inks and recreate that lovely loo roll on paper with DEBT scrawled all over it and it'd still be better than anything Bob has ever done. Such a hack

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Donald Trump as Abraham Lincoln – The Trump family gather for the Republican national convention…"

Sunday Telegraph:

"Will Black Lives Matter end up helping Donald Trump?"

Sunday Times:

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Oh gently caress off, Bob

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson's failure of government – The PM is facing a showdown with furious Tories after a new poll shows they have surrendered a 26-point lead over Labour in just five months"

Telegraph:

Tories warn Rishi Sunak amid Covid tax hike rumours

Independent:

Times:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on schools reopening in a pandemic — Students face being sent home for ‘malicious coughing’ or making inappropriate jokes about Covid-19 under new rules being drawn up by some schools as the bulk of those in England and Wales fully reopen this week"

Telegraph:

Major tax rises will be needed to tackle record debt levels, Sunak told

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Trump arrives in Kenosha with Bill Barr as he pushes law-and-order message

Evening Standard:

Lionel Messi skips Barcelona medical as La Liga says €700m clause must be paid

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... UK's covid debt

'People are going to find Rishi's tax rises a lot harder to swallow'

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on social distancing in reopened schools — Students face being sent home for “malicious coughing” or making inappropriate jokes about Covid-19 under new rules being drawn up by some schools as the bulk of those in England and Wales fully reopen this week"

Telegraph:

Matt:

No 10 blames EU and plays down prospects of Brexit trade deal

Independent:

Rightwing comedians not funny enough for BBC shows, says insider

Times:

Marcus Rashford takes aim at child food poverty with new taskforce

Evening Standard:

Gavin Williamson accused of leading a 'summer of chaos'

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... returning to work

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
god, this constant retread of the "workshy lazybones skivers who don't want to go into the office solely so they can stay home and do nothing" trope is tiring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin
A globe with Europe in the Southern Hemisphere?