Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Cop have shot people for the last 40 years and no riots...All of a sudden,EVERY SHOOTING STARTS A RIOT AND LOOTING...

It's almost like people are really tired of it or something!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

Freep: FAKE! Inaccurate! Conjured up BULLSHIRT!
Freep is the Bad Place.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Guavanaut posted:

Freep: FAKE! Inaccurate! Conjured up BULLSHIRT!

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Am in a small Trumpy Wisconsin town for vacation and grabbed a pint at a local dive, since when in Rome. Donned my mask, ordered, and went outside, where I was the only one out there. Returned for another round and the bartender asked where I was from since “where do they wear masks like that” and I answered Chicago. Had a terse, but not overly hostile exchange, and then on my way outside he told me to enjoy my masquerade. Right wingers always surprise me a bit outside my young, educated, Chicago bubble ofc, but the more shocking aspect was that masquerade is actually pretty clever, for their campaign of idiocy. Haven’t seen it on freep or corresponding far right media, but I’m out of the loop these days; am I out of touch with the children (who are usually old), or is it a recent coinage, or should the gop be hiring this Irish bartender?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Why would you go to a bar.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

My Twitter Account posted:

Freep is the Bad Place.

I'm trying to imagine a Freeper watching that show. It's central theme is an individual's ability to learn concepts like empathy and altruism. Basically Freep's opposite. Also a white woman has a romantic relationship with a black man who is clearly her intellectual superior. How do they watch it without immediately collapsing in a seizure?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Scratch Monkey posted:

I'm trying to imagine a Freeper watching that show. It's central theme is an individual's ability to learn concepts like empathy and altruism. Basically Freep's opposite. Also a white woman has a romantic relationship with a black man who is clearly her intellectual superior. How do they watch it without immediately collapsing in a seizure?

They don't? The Good Place didn't invent those pseudo-swears. They're not going to watch a show on "liberal NBC" what are you even talking about

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Yeah, the only time I've ever seen a Freeper even mention The Good Place has been to complain that Elenor and Chidi's relationship was trying to "erase whiteness." So odds are that Freeper just picked that up somewhere, and is one of those people that thinks swearing is a sin, but using similar substitute words fools God into letting you into heaven.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Of course Freep is all in the whole "white genocide" silliness. Despite in the setting the people are already dead.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Telsa Cola posted:

Why would you go to a bar.

Getting a drink and then going outside where there’s nobody is akin to getting takeout, it’s like one minute of interaction inside

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I feel like Freepers would figure out the big twist in the first season of The Good Place, but get there from the worst possible direction. It'd be something like 'they can't be in heaven, because Tahani wouldn't be allowed into heaven'.

I think we all know that Freepers would engage with the concept in about the same ways that Brent does, though.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I mean Tahani wouldnt be allowed in Heaven is part of the twist but I assume youre taking that differently

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RagnarokAngel posted:

I mean Tahani wouldnt be allowed in Heaven is part of the twist but I assume youre taking that differently

I maybe phrased that bit wrong. Tahani's actual reasons for going to the Bad Place are nuanced and complex, always doing the right things but for the wrong reasons and in the wrong ways. She's probably my favorite character, because she arguably starts off the closest to redemption and yet has the furthest to go.

But Freep would use her mere presence as evidence they're in the Bad Place, because they can't fathom an outspoken and proud minority woman being permitted into the Good Place.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Don't take this too far guys, Freep adores Nikki Haley and I'm pretty sure still loves Condi. They'd say she's in the bad place for not being Christan.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Jason is in the Bad Place because of

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Just for fun I decided to look up what old thread favorite Lazamataz was up to. Here's a selection of his most recent posts

:dogbutton:

quote:

To: CondoleezzaProtege
I like this flag. It has no Confederate Battle Flag in it!

19 posted on 9/3/2020, 11:40:48 AM by Lazamataz ("Black Lives Matter" becomes "Terse TV Blackmail"..... #AnagramsNeverLie)

quote:

Lazamataz to rktman
Good. Kill every rioter. Kill them slow, kill them fast, I don’t care. But f***ing kill them.

quote:

Lazamataz to volunbeer
The only way to prevent another 2 years of chaos is to take back the house and hold the Senate. Anything else guarantees continued chaos. These people do not care about decency... they are keeping kids out of school for an election, they are defunding the police for an election to create chaos, they are keeping states shut down and crushing businesses and jobs for an election.
I suggest we kill all those people for an election.

DO NOT make me President.

Pinochet would be considered a softy, next to me.

quote:

Lazamataz to Tilted Irish Kilt; Travis McGee
Having had a long ‘career’ in active addiction (thank God THAT’S over) I have a (probably not terribly) unique ability to ‘read a street’.

I can look at any given street scene and identify the players. He’s dealing. She’s prostituting. He’s looking for someone to rob. She’s looking for a mark. He’s a mark. She’s looking to score drugs. He’s a plainclothes cop.

While this is not the most useful skill known to man, in the current environment, it might be very useful indeed.

Matt remarked one time that he’d rather have one guy like me on his team, then several former Special Forces guys. I believe he’s right.

Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies

quote:

Lazamataz to Twotone
Spodabee named Nagger Lake.

Guess he hasn't changed at all.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Most Freepers are all talk but I swear that guy is one Presidential election away from a mass shooting.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Who the gently caress is Matt

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

quote:

Matt remarked one time that he’d rather have one guy like me on his team, then several former Special Forces guys.

Even in the age of Trump, whose capacity to stroke his own ego is beyond compare, this is breathtaking.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Shugojin posted:

I think he's Matthew Bracken, the former Navy Seal Freeper who writes terrible novels about white heros righteously getting to murder lots of brown ferals after the collapse of the USA.

"In short, Mr. Bracken can be called the lobotomized racist's attempt to mimic Tom Clancy. He knows his audience and knows how to push all their patriotic, flag waving, paranoid, anti-Mexican, anti-Muslim, nationalist, violence-fetishist button."

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Matthew_Bracken

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

Shugojin posted:

Matt is Matthew Bracken, an author best described as a lobotomized racist's attempt to mimic Tom Clancy. His handle on Freerepublic is Travis Mcgee. There was a pretty great TFR thread on SA covering the sheer mind boggling insanity that were his god awful books.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Also, here is a massive thread having fun with Mr. Bracken's great American novels.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506161

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Finnankainen posted:

Matt is Matthew Bracken, an author best described as a lobotomized racist's attempt to mimic Tom Clancy. His handle on Freerepublic is Travis Mcgee. There was a pretty great TFR thread on SA covering the sheer mind boggling insanity that were his god awful books.

Who, if I understand Freep's forum software correctly, Laz actually included in the response so Bracken would be certain to see it.

What a putz.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

predicto posted:

I think he's Matthew Bracken, the former Navy Seal Freeper who writes terrible novels about white heros righteously getting to murder lots of brown ferals after the collapse of the USA.

"In short, Mr. Bracken can be called the lobotomized racist's attempt to mimic Tom Clancy. He knows his audience and knows how to push all their patriotic, flag waving, paranoid, anti-Mexican, anti-Muslim, nationalist, violence-fetishist button."

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Matthew_Bracken

this sounds a whole lot like Ben Shapiro's novel.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Who, if I understand Freep's forum software correctly, Laz actually included in the response so Bracken would be certain to see it.

What a putz.

if you tag someone in the TO: part of your post it sends them a message that they were mentioned

it would be like getting a PM here every time someone quotes one of your posts

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Imagine getting a pm every time someone quoted you and called you a dumbshit.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
You cannot mention Matt Bracken and not post Civil War Cube

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

I was going to see what Freep's reaction to The Atlantic story was but every thread was pulled except for one about Huckabee Sanders denying it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Georgia Peach posted:

I was going to see what Freep's reaction to The Atlantic story was but every thread was pulled except for one about Huckabee Sanders denying it.

quote:

To: rintintin
I posted the Atlantic article a few hours ago which was promptly pulled down. Didn’t matter there was a barf alert attached to it.

20 posted on 9/3/2020, 11:20:34 PM by Ennis85
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

No one seems to care that freep "'censored" this article.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Donald Trump called dead US soldiers 'suckers' and 'losers', report claims

quote:

To: Deo et patriae; DCBryan1
“I wouldn’t attend John McCain’s funeral either!!!!”

I’d attend the funeral....

I’d whip it out in front of the family to piss on his grave.

11 posted on 9/4/2020, 6:50:13 AM by 2CAVTrooper (BLM= Baby Lives Matter)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Joe 6-pack
Still savoring the drink I had that night knowing we didn’t have to deal with his traitorous bullcrap ever again.

13 posted on 9/4/2020, 6:50:29 AM by ilgipper (The mob only destroys. Never creates.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: sinsofsolarempirefan
I could see this being true but in a different way than the article suggests. He may have referred to McCain and Bush 41 as losers because of their abysmal records as conservatives. He may have questioned the meaning of Kelly's son's death because he may have felt the war in Afghanistan was a quagmire with no end in sight and not worth his son's death. He may have wanted to avoid the cemetery visit because of losers in attendance, not the fallen soldiers.
This smells like a Vindman-type leak.

18 posted on 9/4/2020, 6:52:00 AM by Sans-Culotte (Does the left like anything about America?)

quote:

No, way. He does not think like that about the military. The President was probably talking about the French in general. 😉
42 posted on 9/4/2020, 7:03:35 AM by madison10

quote:

The only redeeming quality of this ridiculous pack of lies is that it serves to remind me that John McCain is dead.

I appreciate having my day brightened just that little bit.

48 posted on 9/4/2020, 7:09:05 AM by Junk Silver (Calling an Antifa protest "Mostly peaceful" is like saying your girlfriend is "Mostly not pregnant".)
Actually this is something Trump would say!

quote:

Considering what he said about John McCain and his capture by the enemy (McCain, whom I was not a fan of—him and Graham) and says openly in an interview to audible gasps—this sounds about like something he would in fact say.

60 posted on 9/4/2020, 7:17:21 AM by AmericanInTokyo

quote:

To: laconic
Have you noticed the Generals are by and large silent on this one and will likely just let him tweet away foolishly in the wind and let him twist as he damage controls now. There’s no love lost there in the Pentagon vis a vis 45, and even now they withhold policy options from him re: Asia since they are scared shitless he will impetuously shoot from the hip and choose one of the most dangerous options. He’s already called the brass “losers” and “babies.” Confirmed.

82 posted on 9/4/2020, 7:42:00 AM by AmericanInTokyo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 64 | View Replies]
Dissent in the ranks!

quote:

To: airborne
You know, it’s amazing how Trump couldn’t attend because of rain. For some reason Emmanuel Macron (French President), Angela Merkel (German Chancellor) were able to make it, and Brian Mulroney (Canadian Prime Minister) was able to make it to a nearby Canadian Memorial. Did it not rain on their portion of Paris as well?

They later said that they chose not to drive the 60 miles because it would have interfered with the roads. Obviously, not interfering with Parisian’s commutes is much more important that honoring American war dead.

93 posted on 9/4/2020, 8:30:18 AM by Team Cuda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Deo et patriae
“I wouldn’t attend John McCain’s funeral either!!!!”

I WOULD have, if they would have let me PISS ON HIS GRAVE!

100 posted on 9/4/2020, 8:55:55 AM by faucetman (Just the facts, ma'am, Just the facts)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

They really loving hate John McCain

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Finnankainen posted:

What can they say, they like candidates who don't lose elections

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Finnankainen posted:

Donald Trump called dead US soldiers 'suckers' and 'losers', report claims

Actually this is something Trump would say!

Dissent in the ranks!

its facinating how they are basically fine with what he said and probably believe it. also loving lol at the french joke, like really assholes. its been almost 20 years since that lovely joke started. only the british are allowed to say that joke.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also loving lol at the french joke, like really assholes. its been almost 20 years since that lovely joke started. only the british are allowed to say that joke.

That joke started in 1940?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Scratch Monkey posted:

sure but the chuds are using it because it went into their brains from 2004.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sure but the chuds are using it because it went into their brains from 2004.

IIRC it was popularized by Reagan in the 80s.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Freep: I WOULD have, if they would have let me PISS ON HIS GRAVE!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

Did it? I would think in 1940 the British also getting their rear end kicked and having to claim a desperate evacuation at Dunkirk as some sort of a victory would've been fresh on everyone's minds.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

This thread has been pulled.
Pulled on 09/04/2020 9:47:17 AM PDT by Jim Robinson, reason:

leftist trash

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Fox news has independently verified the Atlantic piece, so I wonder if this will be the final straw that sends them all to OANN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
lol if the whole fox news crew ends up like McCain and Romney. "We have always been at war with Fox and Friends."