Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

boris johnson seems to have missed his mother enough as a boy that he's transferred it into a sexual fixation, which is heartbreaking. he can't help himself shagging around, including just after his fiancee has given birth to his child number ? while he holds the highest office in the land

he's a deeply pathetic man who's dragging his country into the hands of another weirdo neurotic because of some hosed up psychological need to be loved

like johnson never looks as happy as when he's bowling over a child in a game of rugby. he belongs, and i dislike saying this, in treatment, not in power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

V. Illych L. posted:

i'd be shocked if he has any idea how to stop feeling so empty all the time

Perhaps he could take up a hobby, like painting wine crates to look like buses?

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm glad i finally clicked through to the article

horse johnson

Leading bojo to the back of the barn. rifle in hand tears in my eyes

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Bojo Horseman

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

i say swears online posted:

denigrating a man for devoting his life to public service to the point it nearly killed him smdh

“devoting his life to public service”! Oh, that’s a grand one! The only thing he’s devoted to is himself. I loathed May but I think she had something of a sense of duty; Johnson, not one iota.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

therattle posted:

“devoting his life to public service”! Oh, that’s a grand one! The only thing he’s devoted to is himself. I loathed May but I think she had something of a sense of duty; Johnson, not one iota.

oh word?

perc2
May 16, 2020

denigrating a man for devoting his life to public service to the point it nearly killed him smdh

I'll do you one more and wish that it did kill him!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

oliwan posted:

oh word?

yes, I realised after I posted that perhaps OP was joking.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
christ, what a cursed island

Boris Johnson's new Brexit trade adviser is former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott

for context, the onion is the people of the uk

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

isn't abbott both cruel even by the standards of australian right-wingers and incredibly stupid

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

V. Illych L. posted:

isn't abbott both cruel even by the standards of australian right-wingers and incredibly stupid

Afaik he's like the ur-south-Anglo trash man

Like he's defo something like he aussie bojo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

redleader posted:

christ, what a cursed island

Boris Johnson's new Brexit trade adviser is former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott

for context, the onion is the people of the uk

I always thought the onion eating was endearing but wait does that still have the goddamn skin on it

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

I Love Loosies posted:

You're just going to upset QCS again.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

yes. think george w bush's public persona stupid

I always thought the onion eating was endearing but wait does that still have the goddamn skin on it

surely eating the skin would make it more endearing

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

Afaik he's like the ur-south-Anglo trash man

Like he's defo something like he aussie bojo

cool maybe they should bring in Stephen Harper too to get some trash CAZUK energy going

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

I Love Loosies posted:

reporting this GHOULISH behaviour to qcs immediately

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

*very QCS poster voice* Does Something Awful want to be KNOWN as a place where livestock is MURDERED instead of sent to A NICE FARM where it can RUN AND PLAY AND BE FREE?????

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

*very QCS poster voice* Does Something Awful want to be KNOWN as a place where livestock is MURDERED instead of sent to A NICE FARM where it can RUN AND PLAY AND BE FREE?????

I thought he just stopped writing

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

V. Illych L. posted:

Say what you will about BoJo, he is very good at delegating to people with the right credentials.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Get Brexit Done

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Impkins Patootie posted:

Get Brexit Done

Make Anglo-Saxons Great Again

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Jarf posted:

Make Anglo-Saxons Great Again
if arthur's ever going to wake up from his nap, now is the time. it's not like he can be worse. drive those anglo-saxon bastards into the sea.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

90s Cringe Rock posted:

if arthur's ever going to wake up from his nap, now is the time. it's not like he can be worse. drive those anglo-saxon bastards into the sea.

it’s more the Normans who are the problem. I remember an article from
a while ago about how the Norman
invasion completely changed English culture and society, which had things like ejecting kings and local councils.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

therattle posted:

it’s more the Normans who are the problem. I remember an article from
a while ago about how the Norman
invasion completely changed English culture and society, which had things like ejecting kings and local councils.

By the time of the Norman invasions England was already on its way to being more traditionally "feudal". The British History Podcast did a good episode the Anglo-Saxon economy and how economic consolidation was turning supposedly free farmers into serfs last year. I'll try to find it

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Continuity RCP posted:

By the time of the Norman invasions England was already on its way to being more traditionally "feudal". The British History Podcast did a good episode the Anglo-Saxon economy and how economic consolidation was turning supposedly free farmers into serfs last year. I'll try to find it
Things started turning sour the moment they rallied against Danish rule.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Continuity RCP posted:

I thought it was longer ago than that!!!!!!!! :dadjoke:

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Continuity RCP posted:

how economic consolidation was turning supposedly free farmers into serfs last year

Is this brexit

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

To be fair the Tories are absolutely a bunch of normans.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

get a brain! norman!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/...k-tax-backlash/

brexit is the 7th most important thing for johnson to deal with this fall

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Continuity RCP posted:

I thought he just stopped writing

Nice

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/astroehlein/status/1300659994166255617

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Like somebody said in the replies. What even is right wing comedy?

Mocking the poor and disadvantaged?

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Jarf posted:

That and making fun of "SJW" PC culture. It's Andrew Dice Clay's 90's standup in a suit.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jarf posted:

"lad" comedy like that guy who jokes about rape

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

e: actually nm, it's really a topic you shouldn't make even the kindest jokes about (it was about the plant)

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 16:04 on Sep 1, 2020

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Jarf posted:

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1300692439410278403

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

lots of good right-wing comedy, from yes minister to satires of public-sector bureaucracy and basically anything pushing individualism or making fun of woke moralism or unions or whatever

not a lot of good conservative comedy, though. most attempts at that are just cruel, as noted

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

the grauniad posted:

The BBC does not book rightwing comedians for its shows because they are not funny enough, according to an individual involved in making some of the corporation’s best-known comedy programmes.

...there had already been substantial pressure from BBC executives over the last 18 months to find pro-Tory, pro-Brexit comedians. Instead, the source said the real issue is that many of the Conservative-leaning performers considered by BBC producers “aren’t very good”.

article

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/WailQ/status/1301073387717120000?s=20