Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Its also a bit coin reference I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Having seen revolvers in action I kinda want to do a themed run where every Ranger (not including companions) has a big iron on their hip.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Just hit the credits. Main story not as long as I thought. Hit the final fight at lvl 22-23 and was way to overleveled on normal difficulty. Was over in 2 rounds. For normal at least I would say hit lvl 20 and then start exploring the map if you want to see everything you can.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
Just bought a Dragunov in the Bizarre, cost me all my money but drat, that is a sweet gun. My Sniper finally does some damage.

Mr Shiny Pants fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 2, 2020

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Lakbay posted:

Did you get an achievement?

Nope, nothing at all, just straight to the credits.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
Maybe my final fight was so easy since half my squad was outfitted in power armor, chain swords and photon axes. Was all melee and just charged in like a bulldozer.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TowerofOil posted:

I finally found out what the Satoshi guy in the Colorado Springs apartments was all about.

Nucular Armor. no thats not a typo.

YOU WEREN'T MEANT TO OPEN IT!!!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Has anyone else had their characters screwed up when pulled out of storage?

I just withdrew my sniper after a shopping trip and she now has 2 automatic weapons, 1 explosives, and no other skills and no skill points.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Has anyone else had their characters screwed up when pulled out of storage?

I just withdrew my sniper after a shopping trip and she now has 2 automatic weapons, 1 explosives, and no other skills and no skill points.

I saw someone on reddit with the same issue. It seems to be a bug which can only be resolved by remaking the ranger or reloading.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 2, 2020

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ok I now kinda want to start over because two feelbads are loving killing me.
I didn't have any talking skill at first so that private got her brains blown out and apparently going out in your murdertruck 3 times causes the Hoon House/Caravan mission to fail. This sucks because the first time I went to do the caravan but got blown out and the second time I didn't know you could walk directly from your base to Colorado Springs.
So if I'm going to start over a question: Will I regret making my Sniper a Poindexter? Nobody shoots at him anyway.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Getting deeper past Colorado springs and....

Game is good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

ChrisBTY posted:

Ok I now kinda want to start over because two feelbads are loving killing me.
I didn't have any talking skill at first so that private got her brains blown out and apparently going out in your murdertruck 3 times causes the Hoon House/Caravan mission to fail. This sucks because the first time I went to do the caravan but got blown out and the second time I didn't know you could walk directly from your base to Colorado Springs.
So if I'm going to start over a question: Will I regret making my Sniper a Poindexter? Nobody shoots at him anyway.

If you want the Sniper to be primarily a Sniper, taking an offensive quirk like Sadomasochist is probably better. But if the Poindexter part is more important, then yeah, Sniper Rifle isn't a bad choice.

Incidentally, you can also save Jodie by sniping the Dorsey without initiating conversation.

CalvinandHobbes
Aug 5, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Is Jody Bell a competent sniper? I know I need one, but my heart yearns for a sneaky mine with a shotgun.

do NPC companions get levels if you don't take them along with you? or are the less used ones permanently stuck levels behind?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
They upgrade

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

blizzardvizard posted:

If you want the Sniper to be primarily a Sniper, taking an offensive quirk like Sadomasochist is probably better. But if the Poindexter part is more important, then yeah, Sniper Rifle isn't a bad choice.

Incidentally, you can also save Jodie by sniping the Dorsey without initiating conversation.

Ok I started over. I made my Sniper a Sadomasochist because I misunderstood Poindexter and thought it was 2 points/level rather than 1 point/2 levels. If it were even a point a level I would have done that. I did however give my sniper 6 starting intelligence.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I bought the eye laser, and put it on Cordite. Now when i try to use the ability it just says "not enough ammo." What? This thing isn't even supposed to use ammo! This has to be a bug, right?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Amppelix posted:

I bought the eye laser, and put it on Cordite. Now when i try to use the ability it just says "not enough ammo." What? This thing isn't even supposed to use ammo! This has to be a bug, right?

Yeah thats a weird bug. I have it on two of my custom Rangers and it works

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I suspect it may have something to do with Cordite already having a custom ability for his gun arm. I'll have to try it on someone else

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

doingitwrong posted:

Sometimes when I’m exploring an inside area I get a kind of “schwing” sound. It sounds like a success sound or a discovery sound (it might be the same sound as when you find a place to dig but it’s been awhile since that’s happened). I can’t figure out what’s triggering it. Sometimes it triggers when I’m moving around. Sometimes in rapid succession sometimes not.

It is driving me crazy.

please help me what could be causing this noise am I missing something my rangers are dying

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Think that's steady shot activating when that char comes to a halt - doesn't always do it though

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm kinda disappointed with the available resolutions to Denver's questline. I want to be able to play both groups against each other so they all die, but the only way to really do that is to just kill em all yourself which is incredibly boring and also pretty unsatisfying from a story perspective. I'd like the option to, like, set them on each other and then join the fight yourself in the midst of it.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
that sound is the perception ability no?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Amppelix posted:

I'm kinda disappointed with the available resolutions to Denver's questline. I want to be able to play both groups against each other so they all die, but the only way to really do that is to just kill em all yourself which is incredibly boring and also pretty unsatisfying from a story perspective. I'd like the option to, like, set them on each other and then join the fight yourself in the midst of it.

You can sort of do this if you do the side quest to clear out the Godfisher camps (Let's Go Fry a Kite), after you do so, you're told to leave Denver through both voice acting and quest log update and the moment you touch the Kodiak, you'll get a prompt that the remaining Godfishers are attacking the Gippers and you can join in on the fight or just leave. Unfortunately this means you have to technically side with the Gippers to start and all the Godfishers are hostile to you.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Sep 2, 2020

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ohh, i didn't even think about doing that quest. But I will now!

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

oops.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i really like the writing in the game, some promo material gave the impression it was going to be wacky and zany!! but it has a good balance

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Zeta Acosta posted:

that sound is the perception ability no?

For the life of me, I can't figure out what I'm perceiving. I'm holding down the trigger to highlight things and nothing new is highlighted. Just containers I already saw.

Let me ask this: Is there secret stuff to find in (early game Colorado Springs locations) MacTavish's shop, the cells in Little Vegas, or Apartment 3 in Sans Luxe"?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Amppelix posted:

This is a reported bug I saw on the reddit. The eye laser checks your currently equipped weapon for ammo when firing, despite not using ammo itself. This means that if your equipped gun is out of ammo, or, in Cordite's case, you have a melee weapon equipped(which has no ammo), it will whine at you about not having enough ammo and never work.

It has to go on someone with a loaded gun equipped right now, which is a shame because it would be an amazing utility piece for a melee guy.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You can sort of do this if you do the side quest to clear out the Godfisher camps (Let's Go Fry a Kite), after you do so, you're told to leave Denver through both voice acting and quest log update and the moment you touch the Kodiak, you'll get a prompt that the remaining Godfishers are attacking the Gippers and you can join in on the fight or just leave. Unfortunately this means you have to technically side with the Gippers to start and all the Godfishers are hostile to you.

Wow, one of my bullets graced an ally turret in this fight which instantly turned the entire faction against me after i spent the whole battle carefully making sure they die without it being counted as my fault. Very cool!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Amppelix posted:

Wow, one of my bullets graced an ally turret in this fight which instantly turned the entire faction against me after i spent the whole battle carefully making sure they die without it being counted as my fault. Very cool!

yeah I had to reload the fight 3 times because of that dumb garbage. I was very glad to kill em all at the end

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
I replayed that fight 3 times specifically because a stray bullet would catch a Gipper or Gipper turret and turn them hostile. Needless to say, they were a-ok flame-throwering and suppressing the poo poo out of my guys - classic Reagan Years trickle-down hostility.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Mixed feelings because the tech issues were so bad, it really hampered my enjoyment

Will probably be a great experience in 6+ months after patching

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

blizzardvizard posted:

I wish the NPC sniper you mentioned has the s&m quirk. I tried Sado on a melee guy just for experiment sakes and it did not go well. He did do great damage but was a pain to keep alive.

So does anyone else find themselves singing along with "Is Buchanan a man?" I swear I have hummed that a few times while playing. Ear worm.

edit:

victrix posted:

Mixed feelings because the tech issues were so bad, it really hampered my enjoyment

Will probably be a great experience in 6+ months after patching
They released an XBoxOne patch and I CtD less but it still happens. OG Xbone and always going from character/inventory screen. I still love this game and it should do well but a patch or two would be nice. Still more fun than Oblivion or whatever that one game was that was so bland and missed potential I completely forgot its name. The Fallout in Space one that wasn't fallout in space nor even that remarkable. Definitely improved from Wasteland 2 in a million ways. Hoping it does well enough to release some expansions. Seems to getting some decent recognition online or moreso than W2 did. Fingers are crossed.

Note to any game devs in thread: being able to rez animal companions would be nice. I don't even mind gating behind a perk. Or maybe a pen in your base that holds all of your dismissed companions so they don't disappear.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 2, 2020

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Finished Ironclad, one of the novellas that come with the Deluxe Edition yesterday. It follows Cordite from when he was the leader of The Red Legs back in Kansas. He gets ousted by his second in command and fucks off towards Colorado where he eventually meets The Scar Collectors. The bit where he proves his alliance by cutting off his left arm and picking the robot one with the shotgun is really cool.
Schlok that's well worth reading if you like the games setting.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Amppelix posted:

Yeah this happened to me when I was down to the last 2 hostile units left. One unnoticed splash damage later and we’re back 20. :dogbutton:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I love how you can march up to Saul's face with Cordite in tow and the worst he'll give you is "well I don't like this, rangers, but let's move on to more important matters." What a well-mannered and polite leader!

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Is there a way to disable hotkeys (not just set an alternate one, but overwrite the default one)? Can't tell you how many times I've hit tab instead of shift for "show objects" (thousands of hours in Bioware games makes that really hard to unlearn) only to switch characters without realizing it and sending someone running off into a mine/detection range/whatever.

Would also kill for an "undo move" option a la XCom. Using right-click to deselect whatever action I had selected is a real bad habit in a game where right-click also moves you and you can't undo the move.

Otherwise, really enjoying my first foray into this series.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
You can't target the exploding pigs?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

You can't target the exploding pigs?

hold control to be able to target allied units

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Kanos posted:

This is a reported bug I saw on the reddit. The eye laser checks your currently equipped weapon for ammo when firing, despite not using ammo itself. This means that if your equipped gun is out of ammo, or, in Cordite's case, you have a melee weapon equipped(which has no ammo), it will whine at you about not having enough ammo and never work.

It has to go on someone with a loaded gun equipped right now, which is a shame because it would be an amazing utility piece for a melee guy.

I spent all my money on buying one of those and put it on my melee character :sigh: