Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

twoday posted:

If you have any questions about it becoming real, all I can say is that I sincerely wish for this to happen and for all of you to get the book. I don't know how to make leather embossed book covers, but I'll figure it out. I didn't know how to do calligraphy three years ago. I want nothing more than for this to be a real a thing, that people can hold in there in their hands, that I can send to the library of congress, or hide in a cave. I will make it real, I want nothing more badly at this point in my life tbh, I fully plan to print them and bind them and everything else

poo poo takes time I’m good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
the first one shipped will be absolutely pristine, the results of incredible efforts in learning a craft. they will become increasingly unhinged until the final one is just coagulated blood, hair, and tears

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

i don't see how any of you people can be against trump

HOW ARE YOU SO BLIND

steve bannon went from these dizzying heights

to, to THIS

HANDCUFFED AND IN A HIJAB

Trump's gonna fix this

trump;s gonna fix everything

if Obama hadn't engineered that deadly plauge and crashed the economy

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

twoday stop being confusing, I need to know what book I’ve pledged for!

twoday posted:

With a normal book but I can cut you a deal if you want a painting and a bound book

twoday posted:

yeah, I will be consistent, I will send a bound one, also keep in mind that tier includes an extra hundred euros for shipping

Somebody has issued a correction as of 03:47 on Sep 3, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Oh poo poo you're right! My bad, I will alert the poster in question

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

twoday posted:

Oh poo poo you're right! My bad, I will alert the poster in question

ok, thanks :)

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I can't believe a goon convinced me to give him money for something. 2020 man, am I right?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
This had better be a fraud, I don't want you doing any work for the $

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

e

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Donated only because I could post on the sex page

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Donated because i want another good coffee table book next to "Lives of famous whores"

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

12 hours left

get in!!!

and also, nice

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Donated because i want another good coffee table book next to "Lives of famous whores"

You laugh but I've actually seen that book

It didn't have that title obviously, but that's what it was about

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
banging fork and knife on table: TRPM BUK! TOMRP BOOK! ERPR T BQQC!

e nice

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
nice

twoday
May 4, 2005

holy moly

number go up

twoday
May 4, 2005

I think the printer will only print either 250 or 500 copies, and it’s awfully close to crossing the 250 mark, which means I might have to order 500, and then I will be left with hundreds of extra copies

I guess I can leave them in hotel rooms like Gideon’s bible

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Ship extra copies to universities so it isn't just the LoC that archives its existence.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

twoday posted:

I think the printer will only print either 250 or 500 copies, and it’s awfully close to crossing the 250 mark, which means I might have to order 500, and then I will be left with hundreds of extra copies

send them to a Q believer as the foundation of Qtrum Eschatology

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

twoday posted:

me, reading about silly crowdfunding projects that spiral out of control, where the project creators offered stretch goals that are very inconvenient believing that no one would be silly enough to donate that much money right: lol nerds

me, running a silly crowdfunding project: gently caress

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Lightning Knight posted:

me, reading about silly crowdfunding projects that spiral out of control, where the project creators offered stretch goals that are very inconvenient believing that no one would be silly enough to donate that much money right: lol nerds

me, running a silly crowdfunding project: gently caress

me, having spent 200 dollars on the silly crowdfunding project: also gently caress

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

twoday posted:

send one to ashley feinberg

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I'd say use the leftovers to create the next hot conspiracy theory but I've read Foucault's Pendulum and it doesn't work out well

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

cast the excess books into the sea and document the amazing ways every one of them finds its way back to you

keep an eye out for any new pages that might appear about events that have not yet come to pass

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

ex post facho posted:

Dustcat posted:

cast the excess books into the sea and document the amazing ways every one of them finds its way back to you

keep an eye out for any new pages that might appear about events that have not yet come to pass

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

twoday posted:

Keep a stack, I still want to order some extras for leaving places, but I also have to pay rent on Friday

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

holy page for a holy book

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Dustcat posted:

lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

bury the extra copies in monastery supports and foundations to baffle the squid people who will replace us

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ex post facho posted:

"Today on Praying Medic Podcast we're going to be discussing the numerological proofs of the supremacy of the lentil" is going to be the last thing I hear before my brain fully ensmoothens and I achieve Full Trump

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
i like the gospel of kurtofan (rip? his gay French soul) extremely muchly, personally

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

bury the extra copies in monastery supports and foundations to baffle the squid people who will replace us

splatoon was a documentary

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

I hope you look forward to being canonized as a saint like in A Canticle For Leibowitz.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Donated 40 american dollars

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

holy poo poo I came so loving close to missing this and I'd have never forgiven myself. absolutely getting a leatherbound tome of this, gently caress it

twoday
May 4, 2005

Waroduce posted:

Donated 40 american dollars

Buck Wildman posted:

holy poo poo I came so loving close to missing this and I'd have never forgiven myself. absolutely getting a leatherbound tome of this, gently caress it

Working hard! Thank you!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone do the stonks meme but with the plague bird

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

twoday posted:

you should definitely validate this: they'll give you estimates for 250 and 500 copies as thresholds for economies of scale, but once you clear one of those bulk thresholds it should be a negligible cost input to tailor said bulk to a different, more specific quantity. The important thing is that you get ABOVE 250 or ABOVE 500, at which point the exact number is less important.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

twoday posted:

go on alibaba and see what the quote is for a few thousand copies

if manufacturing metal and plastic is any indication they're probably like $0.99/book once you get into the 10k copies range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Broken Box posted:

holy page for a holy book