Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

RickRogers posted:

4 swords, tingles games and links crossbow training

I mean, that's the only way I'll ever see three out of four of those, sooo :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Not the 3DS Mario 64. What a travesty.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

MokBa posted:

Nope. It's a little annoying because I like hunting the Lynels to the west of it after a blood moon and there's not a very quick way to get to them.

darnit it would have been the last shrine :arghfist::saddowns:

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
If it's like the Mario stuff just announced...

We'll just get copy/pasted versions of OoT, WW, TP. Not the DS remake, nor the WiiU versions.
SS will be its own release.
Also MM won't be in present at all because it's just a sequel to OoT.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I want Skyward Sword on a non-garbage console.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
"Super Mario Galaxy is supported in TV, Tabletop and Handheld Modes. In TV and Tabletop modes, motion controls are required for pointer functionality. In Handheld Mode, pointer functionality has been adapted to use Touch Screen."

theres your skyward sword hd controls, everybody.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Touchscreen pointer makes sense, not sure that sounds so hot for sword motion.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the controls will be mapped to the right stick and button presses. how many times do I gotta explain this

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
my uncle says different

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Hygiene posted:

Touchscreen pointer makes sense, not sure that sounds so hot for sword motion.

it's literally impossible without totally changing the game but i really don't think anyone was suggesting that

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

cuntman.net posted:

You have one Shrine left? Shot in the dark but have you been to the castle yet? Might be time to check it out if you haven't...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

romanowski posted:

the controls will be mapped to the right stick and button presses. how many times do I gotta explain this

Seriously just port in MGR Revengance style right stick controls and you could easily play that with a controller. all the cuts needed in game are one of the 8 directional.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

cuntman.net posted:

There are a few shrines that are in caverns that you have to blow up either cliff faces or uncover from things laying over the openings to get to if you haven't found those. Also I was baffled at were the last one on my map was for days until I realized that I actually had visited it earlier in the game but since I wasn't strong enough to beat the tough guardian in there, I left and forgot to come back. That's when I realized that the Shrines on the map have a different icon color depending on whether or not you finished it or not. :v:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

they have three colours! orange for just found, orange & blue for found and activated, and pure blue for found, activated and beaten.

incidentally this corresponds to the coloration of the shrine itself, which will be half orange half blue when you activate it but haven't beaten it yet. i can't really think of many situations in the game though where you would locate a shrine close enough that it will register on your map, but can't get to it to activate it

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Amppelix posted:

they have three colours! orange for just found, orange & blue for found and activated, and pure blue for found, activated and beaten.

incidentally this corresponds to the coloration of the shrine itself, which will be half orange half blue when you activate it but haven't beaten it yet. i can't really think of many situations in the game though where you would locate a shrine close enough that it will register on your map, but can't get to it to activate it

Not only that, but their name has a little chest icon next to it if there was treasure you missed inside the shrine, so you didn't find everything if it's there.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Amppelix posted:

i can't really think of many situations in the game though where you would locate a shrine close enough that it will register on your map, but can't get to it to activate it

The main one that comes to mind is the shrine in the desert with the passed out gerudo blocking the activation panel.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

And the Goron Bros at the top of the rupee tower.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzz posted:

Not only that, but their name has a little chest icon next to it if there was treasure you missed inside the shrine, so you didn't find everything if it's there.

Def heading back in for that +27 knight's sword

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

You have one Shrine left? Shot in the dark but have you been to the castle yet? Might be time to check it out if you haven't...

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

There are a few shrines that are in caverns that you have to blow up either cliff faces or uncover from things laying over the openings to get to if you haven't found those. Also I was baffled at were the last one on my map was for days until I realized that I actually had visited it earlier in the game but since I wasn't strong enough to beat the tough guardian in there, I left and forgot to come back. That's when I realized that the Shrines on the map have a different icon color depending on whether or not you finished it or not. :v:

turns out it was just in an out of the way area i hadnt been to

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Def heading back in for that +27 knight's sword

Hey man, some people are horrible grognards COMPLETIONISTS. :airquote:

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I gonna get all the korok seeds and no one can stop me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I will stop you

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Loucks posted:

I gonna get all the korok seeds and no one can stop me.

My wife did this, but when she thought she was getting the last one she found out that she was missing one. She spent quite a bit of time scouring the game to find the one she missed.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
How do you get to the shrine in the castle? Haven’t managed to find that one

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

thrilla in vanilla posted:

How do you get to the shrine in the castle? Haven’t managed to find that one

Go in through the docks on the west side.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sweet thanks. I got The korok up on top the last time I beat Ganon down and it was very satisfying

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
This is a real dumb question. I am on my 2nd playthrough of BotW and haven't beaten Ganon on this one. Last playthrough I thought I'd be able to win, then run around and still do stuff. This did not seem to be the case, though - my savegame just brought me back to the fight, and the credits just brought me back to the start screen.

Is it possible to keep playing and completing the game post-Ganon?

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

This is a real dumb question. I am on my 2nd playthrough of BotW and haven't beaten Ganon on this one. Last playthrough I thought I'd be able to win, then run around and still do stuff. This did not seem to be the case, though - my savegame just brought me back to the fight, and the credits just brought me back to the start screen.

Is it possible to keep playing and completing the game post-Ganon?

Yes and no. I think the game takes you back to just before you fought Ganon. So you can still do whatever you want in the game, but Ganon will still be alive. In other words, you don't need to worry.

It would be neat if there was post-game content, where you could help people rebuild the castle after Ganon falls, sort of like Tarrey Town. Maybe in the sequel.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

"Welcome, Mayor Link! It's your job to get Hyrule back up on it's feet now that Ganon's finally defeated. First, let me take you through the budget summary and infrastructure development screens"

Loucks
May 21, 2007

That space spreadsheet game for grognards is still doing pretty well fwiw.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It would also be funny to find out that Zelda is evil and was only fighting because she wanted to be the one to brutalize Hyrule. New Main Quest: Overthrow Zelda

I really shouldn’t do game design.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Really hoping next year has Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons (a la LA 2019), Zelda: 3D Remaster Collection, and BOTW 2 for the 35th of Zelda.

Hell, 1 of 3 will be nice.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DorianGravy posted:

Yes and no. I think the game takes you back to just before you fought Ganon. So you can still do whatever you want in the game, but Ganon will still be alive. In other words, you don't need to worry.

It would be neat if there was post-game content, where you could help people rebuild the castle after Ganon falls, sort of like Tarrey Town. Maybe in the sequel.

You do get minor stuff opening up after beating Ganon, but AFAIR it's just Kilton's monster medals, and the Champion's Ballad opens up after all 4 Divine Beasts but you don't need to beat Ganon.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DorianGravy posted:

I don't know how much more wood-chopping and/or wood-bombing I can do with my sanity intact

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
It might be the booze talking, but a Zelda game where you rebuild the kingdom (make Hyrule great again) and have to repel moblin attacks etc. would be loving great.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

RickRogers posted:

It might be the booze talking, but a Zelda game where you rebuild the kingdom (make Hyrule great again) and have to repel moblin attacks etc. would be loving great.

I'm getting some ActRaiser vibes from this idea.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
drat, why do the 90s always come and steal my ideas

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I dug my 3DS up out the closet and I’m playing through the Ocarina of time remaster. I swear the great fairies got a boob job or some extra polygons or something.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I do remember them being pointier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I spent an evening playing with some BotW glitches and they're often surprisingly fun and easy.

Fire and lighting traps are made by dropping an elemental weapon mid swing. That's it. Extend the lightning trap by dropping other weapons on it. It's a great combat tool and good for converting chu jelly.

Overloading the menu is trivial with 6 multi-shot bows. From there you can apply the durability from one weapon/bow/shield to another or walk into your lightning trap to duplicate it.
If you do this at the stable where an NPC buys royal guard gear, you can get all the Ruby/topaz/Saphire you want by Auto firing A.

The thing where guardians endlessly poo poo ancient materials is hilarious. If you do it at the oasis you can sell parts and go back to picking things up.

The bullet-time mechanics to make things go flying are particularly easy and hilarious. Bullet Time Bounces take practice to line up.