Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

my game is... fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

mcbexx posted:

Is this snark? Graciously admitting defeat while trying to save face?
I can't even tell anymore.

https://twitter.com/AzorFrank/status/1301173699974967296
I know this is bringing up old poo poo, but I worked with Frank for a while at Alienware and this is him just being psyched because he's a gamer, no attempts to save face or anything like that.

Dude is also nice as hell and can hopefully help turn around their consumer GPU's

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Caution hot surface because we didn't bother putting proper cooling on this side

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I guess this is pretty rudimentary design but still interesting. None of the partner card designs are interesting at all which is super disappointing.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Of course in 2020 we get a GPU with an extra-fat rear end. Why not, gently caress it.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

K8.0 posted:

Of course in 2020 we get a GPU with an extra-fat rear end. Why not, gently caress it.

Please don't gently caress it

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

buddy, they wont even let me gently caress it

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

is that image squished or is that.... low profile? cause we will be able to hear the fellers who like to buy cheapo Optiplexes and put GPUs in them hooting and hollering from here if its actually low profile.

e: nm i think the perspective was just messin me up

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Someone is 100% going to gently caress the new cards.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Cygni posted:

is that image squished or is that.... low profile? cause we will be able to hear the fellers who like to buy cheapo Optiplexes and put GPUs in them hooting and hollering from here if its actually low profile.

e: nm i think the perspective was just messin me up

That fan on the back is probably 80 or 92mm so, just the picture making them look short.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

i want to apologize for getting the OptiBoyz all riled up

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

oh thank god we can stop making fun of the GTX 480 now

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I guess all that mineral oil people are buying up isn't just for cooling those cards

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

So Nividia recommending 750 watt for the 30 series is slightly scary, but then I watched that Gamers Nexus link from earlier and he used fancy charts to demonstrate I'd be fine with my 550 watt psu :confused:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lol hope you didn't buy NVDA right after the Ampere announcement, it's down 10% the past day

:rip:

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Murvin posted:

So Nividia recommending 750 watt for the 30 series is slightly scary, but then I watched that Gamers Nexus link from earlier and he used fancy charts to demonstrate I'd be fine with my 550 watt psu :confused:

Their recommendations are always super conservative, as they have no idea what CPU you're using or the quality/efficiency of your PSU. I believe they recommend a 650W PSU for a 2070S, and you can probably run one of those on most systems with a 450W PSU, so 550W honestly sounds about right.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Taima posted:

Obviously, but it doesn't change the fact that they are, on purpose, not doing any meaningful marketing on their own top sku, which is totally loving weird.

That's just not how marketing works, period. I'm in silicon valley tech marketing. gently caress man we've partnered with Nvidia, I have the staff mug to prove it. This poo poo is not right.

There's a whole chunk of people who are planning on buying the 3090 based on nothing but the model number (I'm betting yourself included). If that's true, the likely consequence for releasing more information is to disappoint some portion of those people and make them change their mind. Why would they do that?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

shrike82 posted:

lol hope you didn't buy NVDA right after the Ampere announcement, it's down 10% the past day

:rip:

AMD was recently up 6% after they announced the released of the...RX 5300. Stonks makes no sense when it comes to product launches.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

big NVDA news hot off the presses

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

The gddr6x memory must run HOT

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Maybe this is obvious, but this reports stock will be even more limited than expected https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/09/03/nvidias-rtx-3080-and-3090-cards-could-be-in-short-supply-until-2021/

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

KingKapalone posted:

Maybe this is obvious, but this reports stock will be even more limited than expected https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/09/03/nvidias-rtx-3080-and-3090-cards-could-be-in-short-supply-until-2021/

The same rumor has been reported more than once, possibly the same source just being endlessly repeated by different outlets.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
It barely matters at this point if the card stock thing is actually true, it’s going to be an utter madhouse on release day :(

Taima fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 4, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Taima posted:

It barely matters at this point if the card stock thing is actually true, it’s going to be an utter madhouse on release day :(

No, it's going to be an utter madhouse for about 13 seconds on release day, then 23 hours, 58 minutes, and 47 seconds of bitching and moaning.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Hah, touche.

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

KingKapalone posted:

This is being re-reported like crazy because fear generates clicks. let's just vibe out until our stock notifs go off

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
At this point, even if they have decent stock, the shortage will be a toilet paper style self-fulfilling prophecy.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

TerminalSaint posted:

At this point, even if they have decent stock, the shortage will be a toilet paper style self-fulfilling prophecy.

the bright side of this is if they do somehow have decent stock the people who panic buy and end up with too many are going to have to dump them

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I’ll probably just go for a 3080 and a 3090 and scalp whatever i decide not to keep to hopefully help subsidize the other one

(Inshallah)

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Taima posted:

I’ll probably just go for a 3080 and a 3090 and scalp whatever i decide not to keep to hopefully help subsidize the other one

I too like to spend 2k in the hopes of making 500$. Sound investment.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

Yeah. Pretty much

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Sickening posted:

I too like to spend 2k in the hopes of making 500$. Sound investment.

That’s what I do at work every day. My industry has poo poo for margins

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lmao 4 slot 3090

https://twitter.com/hms1193/status/1301661969905221633?s=20

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

shrike82 posted:

lmao 4 slot 3090

:sickos:

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lmao

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

What in the loving world lol

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMKUlsJpov8

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

lmao that can't real.... right??

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

At this point, just give me a board that I can strap another noctua d15 to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

e: nvm, looks like they're making a 3090 too. still, LOL