Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ghosTTy posted:

If you don't know how to read charts don't be embarrassed we all have to learn at some point :)

no i mean i have it literally blocked because i block ibb.co in my dns level adblocker because i dislike url shorteners, and that domain has been used to host malware in the past and is on the naughty list.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

orange juche posted:

gonna pretend this is a meaningless chart because i have adblock on and can't see it, ghost titty do you ever get bored of posting meaningless charts with no bearing on anything?

Just picture a squiggly line with various points labeled Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
if I ever win the lottery I'm definitely just posting my bank account balance over and over on the internet to people who claim the lottery is a bad investment

look how much my number went up idiots!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Sorry, cant' find my glasses. Is it a butt trap after the dental?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Seems good enough for humanity's ruling class
Just another thing that bitcoin is cargo culting.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

if I ever win the lottery I'm definitely just posting my bank account balance over and over on the internet to people who claim the lottery is a bad investment

look how much my number went up idiots!!
funny part is ghosty took a massive bath in March and is probably still hodling a very red pnl

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 25, 2020

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Bitcoin back in the news!
https://www.cps.gov.uk/thames-and-chiltern/news/farmer-found-guilty-contaminating-baby-food-part-ps15million-bitcoin

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Another Monkey Island fan taken down by the man. F.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I hope Mr. Threepwood brings down the big whoop on this fraud.

His plan didn't even involve a chicken with a pulley in the middle.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

DICKLORD BONE posted:

I had an account with some online bank (chime) that I put $400 into, I connected it to my coinbase account and they immediately closed the account with no reason given. It took over a month for them to mail me a check with the remaining balance. They really don't gently caress around with crypto stuff. Luckily my roommate/landlord sympathized with my situation and gave me more time to pay the rent. I would have been hosed otherwise.

major banks in canada have been doing this same thing for nearly 10 years, except you don't get a check

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

One of my best friends is a web sde and got into ravencoin a few years ago. He built a rig for around 3k with a bunch of top of the line Nvidia GPUs and despite my cautioning insisted that it would be the next big thing. Two years later and the rig is collecting dust in the basement. When I asked him about it he said it never panned out.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Lil Peeler posted:

One of my best friends is a web sde and got into ravencoin a few years ago. He built a rig for around 3k with a bunch of top of the line Nvidia GPUs and despite my cautioning insisted that it would be the next big thing. Two years later and the rig is collecting dust in the basement. When I asked him about it he said it never panned out.

Holy poo poo, a week ago my brother reminded me of the time our cousin asked me a year or so ago if I wanted to "invest" in what was basically a penny stock-equivalent cryptocoin. It was also ravencoin.

$100 well not-spent.

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

But...

That's not what ghost title's graph showed! The Pattern say it go up! There must be a mistake. There was a Pattern!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
there IS a Pattern. objects in freefall tend to stay in freefall

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I thought the pattern was:

Price hasn't gone up in a while. Sell sell sell!

Okay, price has come down again. Buy buy buy!

Repeat.

In the meantime you get HODLers who just aren't getting it at all and don't know what is going on.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
uh oh that's a head and shoulders pattern!!!!!

THIS SHITS hosed

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

You have to apply the X axis to the golden mean and divide by the number of days in a bushel of pears. Then take the square root of an apple tree and baby go brrrr. So number goes up.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That is weird the stock market was also down a substantial amount today as well.

:thunk:

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

alright, who's the wise guy who posted BITCOIN IS CRASHING SELL SELL SELL

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This sounds like a reasonable statement regarding a financial construct:

quote:

"Moving forward, it is important to keep an eye on the last zone of defense between $10,000 and $10,500," Joe DiPasquale, the chief executive of San Francisco-based bitcoin and crypto hedge fund BitBull Capital, said via email. "As long as this range is respected, bitcoin is unlikely to see a prolonged bearish spell."

RESPECT THE ZONE OF DEFENSE!

quote:

"$10,000 is the new $1,000," Charles Hayter, chief executive of bitcoin and cryptocurrency analytics platform CryptoCompare, said via email, adding: "2020 has seen leaps and bounds in terms of infrastructure, regulation and resilience across the ecosystem as it has evolved over the last three years."

:thunk:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2020/09/03/if-bitcoin-drops-below-10000-its-all-over-heres-why/#3e232899621c

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Bear trap. Not selling. :colbert:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Someone post the one image that has multiple bitcoin graphs in it and bart simpson's eyes in the middle of each of them TIA

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
from 2018 to present that doubles as the tether printing graph

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've read a lot about Bitcoin but I still have no idea what it is.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Extra Large Marge posted:

It's a small hat.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

if a graph kinda looks like part of another graph then it's gonna be the same graph. that's just science.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
lmao this is entirely because empire the biggest (and one of the longest lasting) darknet market exit scammed/got seized by the feds. i do not know why people put a ton of effort into predicting the trends of bitcoin, i can give it to you in two sentences: can you buy drugs easily with bitcoin? if yes, price goes up, if no bitcoin crashes.

e: or, as i put it previously

CoolCab posted:

i genuinely think that modelling bitcoin price against the illicit services is way more predictive than anything else.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

In the process of moving and I found an old hard drive. Turns out it has a bitcoin wallet on it from 2012. How do I get access to it or at least check the balance associated with it without having to download the whole 350gb blockchain?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
does your home have a big seal in the floor because if so DO NOT cross it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

D-Pad posted:

In the process of moving and I found an old hard drive. Turns out it has a bitcoin wallet on it from 2012. How do I get access to it or at least check the balance associated with it without having to download the whole 350gb blockchain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBRWJzAjkjk

If you watch this, you will attain enlightenment regarding bits coin.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

D-Pad posted:

if you know the addresses you can look at a blockchain explorer.

importing the wallet.dat into any bitcoin wallet like electrum will also give you an answer.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

if you know the addresses you can look at a blockchain explorer.

importing the wallet.dat into any bitcoin wallet like electrum will also give you an answer.

I get an error when opening in electrum. I downloaded part of the blockchain up to the date the wallet had on it and it looks like there is about $80 worth. Can I go ahead and send that without downloading the whole blockchain?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

D-Pad posted:

I get an error when opening in electrum. I downloaded part of the blockchain up to the date the wallet had on it and it looks like there is about $80 worth. Can I go ahead and send that without downloading the whole blockchain?

TBH if you held on to that you could have $90 in a few days... or $70.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sell the HD on ebay for $1000.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

Sell the HD on ebay for $1000.

This is actually the correct reply. Just say you have a bitcoin wallet on there with an unknown amount in it.

You'll rake in the cash.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Extra Large Marge posted:

Do you understand cash? I mean, do you _really_ understand what's behind cash? No? But you still use cash, don't you?

The same thing applies to Bitcoin - it can be used without understanding it. So it's time to step up and embrace the global crypto-currency utopia like the rest of us.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Except it can't be used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
bitcoin can be used to buy lots of things. monero, ethereum, bitcoin cash, etc. and heroin, too--once you have enough of that, you never need anything else again!