Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lid posted:

That was Quiz Show but they probably didnt like it pointing out how the 50s was just as corrupt as now.

Quiz Show is such a great loving film, man I haven't watched that in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'd be surprised if Instagram is included, because I think WWE requires the talent to use Instagram. Pretty sure that's why John Cena has one he just uses to shitpost.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TL posted:

I'd be surprised if Instagram is included, because I think WWE requires the talent to use Instagram. Pretty sure that's why John Cena has one he just uses to shitpost.
They can go on Insta Live just like they can Twitch which would the big reason they'd want to moderate that. I'd even go as far as saying it's worse than Cameo or Twitch because it's so easy to screencap someone's message while a WWE Superstar's face is on the screen and take it out of context

Sure it's on Twitch too, but that's an option you have to go out of your way to make happen. It's also a LOT easier to moderate Twitch, and it's not nearly the size that Instagram is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IG doesn't make WWE-unapproved money, though. You can get product sponsorships to post on IG, but WWE can just ban those or demand their cut while still allowing IG posts.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Someone should just stream a photo of Mel Phillips on their twitch from now until Oct. 2.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Very glad someone RTed this all timer.

https://twitter.com/MayuIwatani/status/982688454298353664

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Forrest Gump sucks rear end

Except for the scene where he touches Jenny's boob and ejaculates prematurely and says he ruined her roommate's bathrobe.

That's loving art

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Best Picture of 1994 Forrest Gump

Other films of 1994
Quiz Show
The Shawshank Redemption
Pulp Fiction (which i think is overrated too tbh, Reservoir Dogs was better even then)
The Lion King
Four weddings and a Funeral
Ed Wood
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
The Crow
Little Women
The Madness of King George
Heavenly Creatures
Three Colours: White
Three Colours: Red
Exotica
Hoop Dreams
Natural Born Killers
La Separation

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah... a load of other poo poo films!!!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Not a single Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel or DC film in the list. What a terrible year.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Buy the Forrest Gump soundtrack from a charity shop, then replace the cover with something else.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah... a load of other poo poo films!!!

Little Women was still good people were still complaining it got robbed of an Oscar this year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Mayu shares similar hobbies with Ibushi, but instead of moonsaulting of the second story of building, she really loves rolling neck first down multiple flights of stairs. I'm not sure if they share the same opinions on books but I'm confident in saying that they literally think about nothing but professional wrestling to the point where I don't think they're capable of being normal functioning human beings on their own.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probably the best movie of 1994 is hudsucker or crooklyn. or maverick

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/gailkimITSME/status/1302004793830002691

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

RealFoxy posted:

Mayu shares similar hobbies with Ibushi, but instead of moonsaulting of the second story of building, she really loves rolling neck first down multiple flights of stairs. I'm not sure if they share the same opinions on books but I'm confident in saying that they literally think about nothing but professional wrestling to the point where I don't think they're capable of being normal functioning human beings on their own.

Mayu is simultaneously insanely agile and physically graceful and the worst klutz in the history of the world. She is a living anomaly and is the best.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope everyone has a friendship like Chris and Luther do.

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1302117480631074818

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I hope everyone has a friendship like Chris and Luther do.

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1302117480631074818
The Hogan and Ed Lesie of our era

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pylons posted:

poo poo or get off the pot Punk

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Can the WWE legally ask the wrestlers to stop using Cameo/Twitch etc.?

I mean it sounds like it would be a pretty standard clause in an employment contract that says "You can only work for us. And by work we mean derive an income."

I have signed contracts where my entire visa was connected to the specific job and I was not allowed to take paying gigs on the side without express written permission from my main employer. And when I changed jobs, I had to get a new visa.

A company as big and experienced in contract law as the WWE would surely be all over this.

And we know how dumb and bootlicky wrestlers can be, but if it isn't in their contract, surely they can just tell Vince to gently caress off.

Also, surely they can just tell Vince that they have stopped, and seeing how tech un-savvy he is, he wouldn't notice.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Each time you tell Vince to gently caress off adds 14 more years to your contract

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Supposedly if you tell Vince to go gently caress himself you become a top guy!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BrigadierSensible posted:

I mean it sounds like it would be a pretty standard clause in an employment contract that says "You can only work for us. And by work we mean derive an income."

I have signed contracts where my entire visa was connected to the specific job and I was not allowed to take paying gigs on the side without express written permission from my main employer. And when I changed jobs, I had to get a new visa.

A company as big and experienced in contract law as the WWE would surely be all over this.

And we know how dumb and bootlicky wrestlers can be, but if it isn't in their contract, surely they can just tell Vince to gently caress off.

Also, surely they can just tell Vince that they have stopped, and seeing how tech un-savvy he is, he wouldn't notice.
gently caress no, those contracts wouldn't hold up in court. The problem is fighting it because WWE has billions of dollars and all the time in the world to drag the lawsuit out and make people's lives miserable. This isn't a meme anymore, the only way things will change is enough active, current WWE wrestlers band together and unionize and it goes mainstream.

The WWE has already done a scab storyline where the entire roster walked out on Triple H for being a bad owner, make that a reality.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BrigadierSensible posted:

Judge: According to my records you have a lot of money so I'm going to allow this

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It is a meme also how would cum ruin a bathrobe

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

It is a meme also how would cum ruin a bathrobe

I don't wanna wear a bathrobe some other dude came in. Like yeah, I understand washing it. But it's psychological and not rational.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

gently caress no, those contracts wouldn't hold up in court. The problem is fighting it because WWE has billions of dollars and all the time in the world to drag the lawsuit out and make people's lives miserable. This isn't a meme anymore, the only way things will change is enough active, current WWE wrestlers band together and unionize and it goes mainstream.

The WWE has already done a scab storyline where the entire roster walked out on Triple H for being a bad owner, make that a reality.

lol that storyline ruled. Wrestlers organise and disband a union in the space of three hours after being given gently caress all of their demands other than HHH gets demoted. Pure fantasy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1302074016803545090

https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/1302002970918301697

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

lol Older Dustin’s like “they’ll pay you for THAT?”

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah if anything Cameo and Twitch are getting a bit of free marketing from Vince's latest mushbrain decision

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TayConti_/status/1302258256312774657?s=20

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
How can you look at AOP and say, "Whelp, we've got nothing for you lads!"...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

How can you look at AOP and say, "Whelp, we've got nothing for you lads!"...

You have brainworms

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/DaveBautista/status/1302077797356142592

:eyepop:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Fuckin love Big Dave :krakken:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You have brainworms

They’re big as hell though and there are two of them.

Genuinely surprised Vince didn’t make them Tag Champs for Life + Dual Universal Champions on size alone.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

History Comes Inside! posted:

They’re big as hell though and there are two of them.

Genuinely surprised Vince didn’t make them Tag Champs for Life + Dual Universal Champions on size alone.

Weren't they always injured, or am I thinking of two other big oafs?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

No more than any other tag team, it’s really common in WWE

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/RealMickFoley/status/1302287688163356676

I love Mick Foley but I wish he could talks about this without also making sure everyone knows how much he loves Vince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1302303881104326656

Sami :smith: