Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Imagine paying 10$ for a website to post on then never posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ok I have way too many posts

Jesus I didn’t know I had that many

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
This isnt even my first account lol I have another one that goes back to 2004

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I told some guys on mumble that I just started playing like two months ago and they were like “woah hold on how did you get into such a high up Corp in goon squad if you just started” and I was like guys I’ve been a goon far longer than any of you. I’ve been a goon longer than this game has existed.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Woah you do have a lot lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

I told some guys on mumble that I just started playing like two months ago and they were like “woah hold on how did you get into such a high up Corp in goon squad if you just started” and I was like guys I’ve been a goon far longer than any of you. I’ve been a goon longer than this game has existed.

What's a high up corp in goon squad?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

SHISHKABOB posted:

What's a high up corp in goon squad?

goonwaffe apparently

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

imagine thinking waffe membership is some indicator of value in tyool 2020

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Stereotype posted:

goonwaffe apparently

Hell yeah, I'm important too!

I was in a fleet earlier today and commented that this was my first structure shoot. A bunch of ppl were like "how can you be in goonwaffe for 6 months and not shot any structures!" and I didn't have an answer for them. Other than I was shocked that it had been 6 months since I started playing again.

SHISHKABOB fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 6, 2020

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I should join back up but I really don’t want to play with my twelve year old character I trained by pointing a shotgun at the skill tree.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

corgski posted:

I should join back up but I really don’t want to play with my twelve year old character I trained by pointing a shotgun at the skill tree.

You can clean that poo poo up with skill extractors.

Any character can be a perfect combat, fleet, small gang, whatever guy.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Wow, apparently they opened up a bridge to Discord for jabber pings. You still have to be connected to Jabber for the relay to function, though.

The fall™ has started?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

corgski posted:

Rando skills are better than no skills. Get in!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

AntherUslessPoster posted:

The fall™ has started?

If we were moving to Discord entirely I'd say yeah, but I'll definitely acknowledge that Discord is probably far more phone-friendly than Jabber is, making it an excellent choice for phone pings.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would be 99% more likely to receive a discord ping over a not discord ping since I don’t have jabber on my phone

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Xolve posted:

Elise summarized it once as, "doing more with less".

Sadly, that iteration of PL is dead :rip:

Trying hard at video games is -very important-, but it doesn't always -stay important- to the people who started off trying hard at it. After all, trying hard is a transferable skill and the world is full of rewarding endeavors for that.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

NGC773 posted:

Is GoonWaffe still accepting applications?

Yes, Goonwaffe continues to accept applications!

We also continue to review applications received. 20 posts for the first decade on SA. And then 258 of borderline spam the last two months? Interesting!

So, thank you for your application! Er, applications. Very strange. We have one from today, in which you advised that you're a new player who was led to EVE from EVE ECHOES (released August 2020). We've also got your application from July, where you said you'd had a Goonfleet account which was created back in 2014 which was deleted, but that application was never processed since you went radio silent after we asked some basic questions to help you find your way back to your old account.

Each application lists one character as your only character - but the applications list different characters.

This is not great!

Maneck fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 7, 2020

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

:laffo:

That sounds like a "hell no" to me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Foehammer007 posted:

PL did a ok job in B-R

Who decided to primary sort dragon? I honestly forget

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Sounds like a spy to me. I vote we ban him from here too

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You_played_yourself.gif

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Stereotype posted:

They let me in like 2 months ago so it’s worth applying. I also post way more than you though.

As the two of you double and triple post on the same page.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
me posting a lot on a single page is especially noticeable as my tower of avatars creates the illusion that there is a lot of content

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Maneck posted:

We also continue to review applications received. 20 posts for the first decade on SA. And then 258 of borderline spam the last two months? Interesting!

So, thank you for your application! Er, applications. Very strange. We have one from today, in which you advised that you're a new player who was led to EVE from EVE ECHOES (released August 2020). We've also got your application from July, where you said you'd had a Goonfleet account which was created back in 2014 which was deleted, but that application was never processed since you went radio silent after we asked some basic questions to help you find your way back to your old account.

Each application lists one character as your only character - but the applications list different characters.

This is not great!

Maneck you continue to do gods work

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

As the two of you double and triple post on the same page.

We’re yosposters

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What do u expect?

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
YOSPOS is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In YOSPOS you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the YOSPOS motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I would be 99% more likely to receive a discord ping over a not discord ping since I don’t have jabber on my phone

Phones suck at jabber. Jabber servers want you to be connected all the time, and phones want to be connected as infrequently as possible to save battery.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Mumble also doesn't work at all on a phone. It barely works on macos. GARPA doesn't work at all on macos.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Maneck posted:

This is not great!

um, based department?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Mumble also doesn't work at all on a phone. It barely works on macos. GARPA doesn't work at all on macos.

Iirc I was able to use GARPA with WINE when I was playing on macOS

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

apparently it used to be possible but it no longer is because whoever was doing that port won eve

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Alright, i heard there's a phone game. do the people in the phone game play on a completely different server? or is it basically everyone coexisting in a cross play manner

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah that was a while ago, it’s not like that now. Garpa is win only, aggressively.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Why didn’t they just write it in java

Absolute noobs

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

if i ever apply to goonshit i hope maneck has to read all 10k of my bad posts

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Fargin Icehole posted:

Alright, i heard there's a phone game. do the people in the phone game play on a completely different server? or is it basically everyone coexisting in a cross play manner

It's like a totally different game. They have their own thread too and like SIGNIFICANTLY more drama

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Anias posted:

Trying hard at video games is -very important-, but it doesn't always -stay important- to the people who started off trying hard at it. After all, trying hard is a transferable skill and the world is full of rewarding endeavors for that.

The great thing about EVE is you only need 3-4 tryhards, and everyone else can just login and blow poo poo up. Tryhards did get personal tech moons though, so there was a reasoning behind the madness, but.. :effort: and whatnot

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
god damnit some obnoxious gang blew up my Mammoth in NIDJ-K. That's supposed to be a safe space. It was empty and also that ship is incredibly cheap but it's the principle.
Someone come kill them with me because i certainly can't do it at all or probably even be helpful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Wibla posted:

:laffo:

That sounds like a "hell no" to me.

Odds on him apping again anyway?