Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

CelestialScribe posted:

This lockdown has changed my life for the worse in ways you can't imagine.

"oh no I couldn't offload my special needs kid to underpaid teachers so I can go delegate work to other people like the important person I am, DAndrews must resign"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Thank you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

UnBandrews

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Mattjpwns posted:

"oh no I couldn't offload my special needs kid to underpaid teachers so I can go delegate work to other people like the important person I am, DAndrews must resign"

Go to hell, bootlicker.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Do a stream from the next open up protest cs.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

JBP posted:

Do a stream from the next open up protest cs.

I wasn't there and don't plan on attending one.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

CelestialScribe posted:

Go to hell, bootlicker.

Lol

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You might find some kindred spirits on facebook CS

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

CelestialScribe posted:

Join the discord

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

it seems harsh to lockdown everyone when its mostly just warm corpses in aged care and heatlh care workers who are making up most of the cases but at the same time trying to kick out the best premier in the country because he isnt handling a (overused term incoming) unprecedented pandemic perfectly well gee, I dunno, you might be a moron.

excuse me while I flex my NSWness right now and say I had a lovely time visiting my family for fathers day and I will be enjoying some spring conditions at Perisher this weekend.

posting from the office which I can willfully go to occasionally if I choose to work there because Im not in victoria.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

I am sorry this is the case but the obvious rejoinder is that the lockdown has also changed tens of thousands of lives for the better in ways which we can imagine i.e. they still exist

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I didn't see my dad for Father's day. Oh, i could have. I'm in NSW, nut i couldn't be bothered driving through Sydney. I saw him a few times lately anyway on my way to and back from Thredbo during the cold front. Enjoy it, Laserface.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

I like the part where CS is mad that there is a lockdown but also that it’s Mr WuHaniel’s fault that there are cases.

No wonder you’re mad, the cognitive dissonance weighs a ton. (At least you’re getting in some lockdown exercise in!)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I've caught two buses each way per day to work in a minimum wage cramped hot desking environment the entirety of the pandemic, ask me how much I care about whinging Victorians

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

CelestialScribe posted:

Like I said before you big baby, how many people are you willing to have die so that the rest of us get to go back to to some sort of normal? 1000? 3000?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

I've caught two buses each way per day to work in a minimum wage cramped hot desking environment the entirety of the pandemic, ask me how much I care about whinging Victorians

I avoid lockdown whinging cos there's always someone having a shittier lockdown than you

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

CelestialScribe posted:

When my nan died a few months ago (unrelated to the rona) I had to watch her funeral through a stream on facebook of all things instead of being able to be there with and for my family but I'd take that over us all being able to be there and becoming a cluster

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

TheMightyHandful posted:

I like the part where CS is mad that there is a lockdown but also that it’s Mr WuHaniel’s fault that there are cases.

No wonder you’re mad, the cognitive dissonance weighs a ton. (At least you’re getting in some lockdown exercise in!)

Of course I'm mad there is a lockdown. Aren't you mad, considering the reason we have a second wave is due to government incompetence and not individuals breaking restrictions?

The lockdown is necessary. You can be angry there is a lockdown and recognise that it's necessary. This isn't hard.

Scarecow posted:

Like I said before you big baby, how many people are you willing to have die so that the rest of us get to go back to to some sort of normal? 1000? 3000?

This is hilarious, because you do understand that at a threshold of 5 cases people will die, yes? I really hope you understand that. What I'm saying is that society can tolerate a threshold of 20 cases to enter a new stage of restrictions, and not 5.

If you are really concerned about people dying, what you should be advocating for is a complete and total lockdown until there is a vaccine available. Are you advocating for that? If not, shut up.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was already working from home with my disabled kids so really no change here for me.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Homora Gaykemi posted:

When my nan died a few months ago (unrelated to the rona) I had to watch her funeral through a stream on facebook of all things instead of being able to be there with and for my family but I'd take that over us all being able to be there and becoming a cluster

That's awful and I'm sorry. I've had to do the same for two loved ones. I recognise it's a necessary sacrifice.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CelestialScribe posted:

This is hilarious, because you do understand that at a threshold of 5 cases people will die, yes? I really hope you understand that. What I'm saying is that society can tolerate a threshold of 20 cases to enter a new stage of restrictions, and not 5.

What is exponential growth

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

JBP posted:

What is exponential growth

Are you advocating for a total lockdown until a vaccine is made?

If not, why is that level of death tolerable to you?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

New Zealand.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

CelestialScribe posted:

Of course I'm mad there is a lockdown. Aren't you mad, considering the reason we have a second wave is due to government incompetence and not individuals breaking restrictions?

The lockdown is necessary. You can be angry there is a lockdown and recognise that it's necessary. This isn't hard.

It wouldn’t have been as bad if individuals were being responsible and following the guidelines. Yeah there was a stuff up, but the spread was from lack of social distancing and poor hygiene- the recommendations were there from the start and people couldn’t help but pray to the alter of capitalism.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CelestialScribe posted:

Are you advocating for a total lockdown until a vaccine is made?

If not, why is that level of death tolerable to you?

What's the purpose of this question? If I could sacrifice you to a volcano I'd do it.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CelestialScribe posted:

If you are really concerned about people dying, what you should be advocating for is a complete and total lockdown until there is a vaccine available. Are you advocating for that? If not, shut up.

Again how many people are you willing to have die so you can go back to offloading your disabled child to a school(who is no doubt sick of your poo poo even more then we are) and youe life can go back to normal?

The risk is if we start scaling things back up at 50, 25 cases a day then it takes off again and we end up in the same situation as we are now but with even more dead people.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Like loving none of this is about "how much death can you handle if ur so serious" it's just that when number shoots up it fucks with emergency services across the board and I'd rather get seen if I smash my head on a rock than get told to gently caress off because the hospital is full of boomers with coronavirus.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Or worse there's no one to see you at all becuase they all died from dealing with rona patient's

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Scarecow posted:

Again how many people are you willing to have die so you can go back to offloading your disabled child to a school(who is no doubt sick of your poo poo even more then we are) and youe life can go back to normal?

The risk is if we start scaling things back up at 50, 25 cases a day then it takes off again and we end up in the same situation as we are now but with even more dead people.

I've already said: 20 cases.

Now, answer my question: how much death are you willing to tolerate? Because if the answer is "none", that what you are advocating for is a full lock down until a vaccine is made.

TheMightyHandful posted:

It wouldn’t have been as bad if individuals were being responsible and following the guidelines. Yeah there was a stuff up, but the spread was from lack of social distancing and poor hygiene- the recommendations were there from the start and people couldn’t help but pray to the alter of capitalism.

The hotel quarantine system was completely hosed.

JBP posted:

What's the purpose of this question? If I could sacrifice you to a volcano I'd do it.

You're critcising me for saying we should open up at 20 cases.

But you think we should open up at 5. Both of these circumstances involve deaths, it's just that you're saying you're willing to tolerate less death.

So don't act all high and mighty unless you're advocating for full lockdown until we get a vaccine.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

JBP posted:

Like loving none of this is about "how much death can you handle if ur so serious" it's just that when number shoots up it fucks with emergency services across the board and I'd rather get seen if I smash my head on a rock than get told to gently caress off because the hospital is full of boomers with coronavirus.

I wasn't the one bringing up "how much death can you tolerate".

There is absolutely no way to get to an average of 5 cases. It hasn't been done in Victoria, and it can't be done again. We're in lockdown until we get a vaccine. They should at least be honest about it.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

CelestialScribe posted:

Cause or presumed blame doesn't change the poo poo everyone is in, or how that poo poo needs to be shovelled.

Deal with it.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

PuntCuncher posted:

Cause or presumed blame doesn't change the poo poo everyone is in, or how that poo poo needs to be shovelled.

Deal with it.

You're right. It's no one's fault. Never mind.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
I just joined the discord as Whippledip96 if someone wants to auth me

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Scarecow posted:

Or worse there's no one to see you at all becuase they all died from dealing with rona patient's

I reckon this is alarmist, but I'd happily cop bedridden across the board and potentially exposed to long term cellular damage.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CelestialScribe posted:

I wasn't the one bringing up "how much death can you tolerate".

There is absolutely no way to get to an average of 5 cases. It hasn't been done in Victoria, and it can't be done again. We're in lockdown until we get a vaccine. They should at least be honest about it.

Ah yes CelestialScribe well renowned expert in pandemic spread and population control methods to weigh in and guide us out of this apocalypse

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is CelestialScribe and Better off Bob the same person?

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008

Scarecow posted:

Ah yes CelestialScribe well renowned expert in pandemic spread and population control methods to weigh in and guide us out of this apocalypse

Plenty of experts saying so today. Do you know how to use a computer?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Tommunist posted:

Join the discord

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

CelestialScribe posted:

There is absolutely no way to get to an average of 5 cases.

[citation needed]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

An easy way to prevent an outbreak is to creatively shuffle the cards into your favour. Has anyone tried that?