Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

all of this is some extremely lmao poo poo once you realize that these folks are being scammed in the exact same way as the idle rich were but instead of a ja rule concert its for a zoom meeting about how the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lost year huh

optimistic

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

lost year huh

optimistic

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I have a friend that have two girls in usa universities, and the stuff he talk about is horrible.
The quarantine building is the oldest building. To pee they have to call a person, and after they finish must be cleaned. The room themselves are very old small, with horrible electric system that breaks easily.

Is basically a jail. Kind of a third world experience.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
kill your parents and drop out of school. a better world is possible.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Tei posted:

I have a friend that have two girls in usa universities, and the stuff he talk about is horrible.
The quarantine building is the oldest building. To pee they have to call a person, and after they finish must be cleaned. The room themselves are very old small, with horrible electric system that breaks easily.

Gotta jail the lepers. how else are we to protect the citizens!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

have parents considered not forcing their children to go to college for a bit

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Google Butt posted:

That would make number sad

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

RIP FUDDRUCKERS

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

Jupiter A-Spreading

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Balsa posted:

Gotta jail the lepers. how else are we to protect the citizens!

My friend say that many students simply choose to leave university instead of entering the gulag. So this could be part of plan to lower the numbers. Since the infected leave, they don't have to report these.

Edit:
I am just angry just now thinking about my friend family having to pass this poo poo

Tei has issued a correction as of 21:51 on Sep 8, 2020

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Gio posted:

hell is real and it is here.

There was a late summer wind storm that blew really thick smoke very suddenly into my area last night. As I stood on my stoop in the fading light, bits of ash raced by as the wind howled and the air smelled like a thousand house fires. It truly felt like the apocalypse.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

kill your parents and drop out of school. a better world is possible.

wow you can do some crazy stuff in the sims these days

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

nothing they suggest will pass anyway, the Dems are fully on board letting this train ride all way off the tracks through Election Day and laying the blame on Trump.

Of course, once past that they still won’t do anything but they won’t really have a reason for that beyond general contempt for the rest of us.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

but what happens when they blame Trump and he wins anyway?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

we die anyway so who cares lmao

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's very surprising to discover that colleges aren't actually looking out for the best interests of the gullible kids they're putting in zillions of dollars of debt.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

doesn’t matter, they’re still not gonna bother passing anything that helps us. if trump wins maybe the GOP lands whatever bastardized version they like but there was never going to be a second check.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Google Butt posted:

Mayor Dave posted:

That would make number sad

For a moment I was thinking that there was some grant that requires students to go from high school to college immediately, but it turns out the Tennessee Lottery Scholarship has a time limit of 16 months, so it allows a gap year

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.

Yesh posted:

Which writer or article said that a civil war was in effect when people were dying en masse and didn't need to involve guns or violence? Cuz America is in a civil war
It was an article about Russia in the 90's -- The Dying Russians

it's a really good article.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

haha normally my UI payment would be on my card and ready to transfer by now but it hasn't even been processed yet hahaha yaayyy!!!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

BONGHITZ posted:

RIP FUDDRUCKERS

about time. stupid name.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

goddamnit i knew i should have spent the first check on a gun instead of waiting for a second one

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

goddamnit i knew i should have spent the first check on a gun instead of waiting for a second one

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

so this means no more UBI or one time stimulus check? they really gave us $1,200 for essentially a year to live off of? how can anyone have faith in politics anymore? how is Mitch McOnnel’s house not a smoldering crater? I just don’t get it why aren’t we rioting in the- oh oh I see lol

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

a gun in the hand is worth two in the senate

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rauros posted:

elbow cough, bro

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Just passed 900k worldwide deaths on WoM. Of course the actual number is much higher, just noting.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

lost year huh

optimistic

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Just passed 900k worldwide deaths on WoM. Of course the actual number is much higher, just noting.

900k died WITH covid, not OF covid

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Ayin posted:

It was an article about Russia in the 90's -- The Dying Russians

it's a really good article.

this article hosed with me bad the first time I read it

climate change thread level

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

uh i need my trump check

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
Florida State University reports spike in number of students testing positive for COVID-19

839 students and 14 faculty tested positive so far, two weeks into the semester

FSU posted:

“Florida State does not plan a shift to remote instruction at this time. If a decision is made to transition to all remote instruction in the future, the university will notify the community,” the university said in response to questions. “The current increase in cases was not unexpected as it correlates to the marked increase in voluntary testing of the campus community during the first two weeks of the fall semester.”

The university's statement said it has seen "no significant challenges related to on-campus housing at this time," and that it has capacity to continue to isolate on-campus residential students who are positive in designated isolation housing located on and off campus.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

finished teaching my first hybrid learning classes today

I'm gonna go make a stiff drink and go to bed

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Tei posted:

daily life in the USA

Shotgun Willie
Jul 13, 2005
Shotgun Toting Hick

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Flag's on fire
Chokin' down a load
Just notify my next of kin
This virus will explode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eJHKjV1ecs

Absolutely Contagious lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

[COVID-19 FALL] Kind of a third world experience.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
just read that the Sturgis bike rally is now responsible for 250,000 cases of covid and had a hearty laugh, stay safe american friends

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

snake and bake posted:

Florida State University reports spike in number of students testing positive for COVID-19

839 students and 14 faculty tested positive so far, two weeks into the semester

worst self own since they sold out economics department to koch bros

alternatively, football joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The next generation of middle class are being fed to the virus because the institutions they live under are inflexible to the point of failure. You have to wonder what kind of effects this is going to have on society as this generation takes over.