Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Now that Bowsette is officially over, where will you be sending your horny energy?
This poll is closed.
Melinda Rust (née Megamelons) 13 5.86%
Twitch streamers 9 4.05%
VTube animes 27 12.16%
Any of the other –ette monstrosities 10 4.50%
[Lie] I don’t get horny. 54 24.32%
Other (Bowsette) 93 41.89%
Now that I'm an IK, I can make my own option 13 5.86%
David Crossup 1 0.45%
Bob PSPGodenkirk 2 0.90%
Total: 222 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Does Tawna have a big badonk now or is it just a case of any character with some meat on their backside being labeled "thicc" whenever they're revealed?

I need an rear end expert on the case!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOQyI3CfZj8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

im watching the first episode of jojo’s bizarre adventure and for some reason i thought this was a zany fighting anime but so far it seems more like barry lyndon

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Weedle posted:

im watching the first episode of jojo’s bizarre adventure and for some reason i thought this was a zany fighting anime but so far it seems more like barry lyndon

the first season is castlevania

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Densha De Go without the arcade controller setup seems really stupid.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

END ME SCOOB posted:

So having no recent experience with the game (I bounced off it at launch and have never felt the urge to revisit) I actually texted my father and simply went "what's wrong with it?". Allow me to transcribe what I got back as best as possible (he's a little typo-y).

Thanks, I appreciate hearing your father’s thoughts on it. I can absolutely see where he is coming from. That stuff about the fast travel is legit, but even then the train only goes to three places and the Teleportation spell requires a hefty investment of points in a mostly useless school of magic. On the other hand if you get too techy you stop being allowed to enter magic shops, which cuts off a few quest lines that would otherwise be accessible regardless of your aptitude

The story is super passive, also. A lot of chasing leads to learn about events that happened decades ago, although I did like how the pieces fell together eventually. Unfortunately the combat is tedious, movement is tedious, and there’s only like 5 songs in the game and they get tedious too.

I was going to say something nice about the dialogue system but then I remembered the time where I was clicking through an important NPCs spiel and near the end I mis-clicked on the ever-present “I’m bored now” option so despite solving the guy’s philosophical dilemma I got iced out of the good reward. At least I didn’t click the equally frequent “I’m bored now so I’m going to kill you” option.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Weedle posted:

Season 1: cool aristocratic horror
Season 2: the best one dont at me
Season 3: the famous one
Season 4: small town horror
Season 5: king crimson does what?
Season 6: girl protagonist
Season 7: idk i dont read the manga

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

All I know about Jojo is that it has intensely lovely looking designs, dumb poses, and this which is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzq3uoOjmP0

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Steel Ball Run is the best one. I really can't wait for Stone Ocean to get adapted because it's nuts and then SBR because it's so good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The stand arcs are great they are cool i will always love them...

But that hammon 1-2 combo my dude.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

good news everyone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c4_22LjGQo

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I’m a big fan of Jojo, but a part of me does long for a hypothetical alternate version in the mold of the first two episodes.

Just really Extra Jane Austen melodrama.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Roach Warehouse posted:

I’m a big fan of Jojo, but a part of me does long for a hypothetical alternate version in the mold of the first two episodes.

Just really Extra Jane Austen melodrama.

I was first exposed to Jojo last summer and I was not prepared for the tonal shift

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Not a Children posted:

I was first exposed to Jojo last summer and I was not prepared for the tonal shift
wait until you read the manga and see where it goes from there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

English Vtubers? like from the UK?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

watson will have an extreme british accent

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Also this game is very aggressive with the "you need to examine everything multiple times" because in the first ten minutes of the game I missed a keycard by not examining a door three times that now, eight hours later, unlocks the big armory with a ton of good poo poo inside

Currently thinking about if I should just finish the bad ending (no normal ending just good/bad) or just reset now and initiate speedrun mode

Just clear the game. You get some goodies based on your rank plus a small bonus of BP and EXP on your next run.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I feel like I’ve died more in Control than I did in Dark Souls. I’m using everything I’ve got but I’m still getting creamed. It’s just not fun to deal with floating explosive enemies and floating shooting enemies and teleporting enemies that can hit for half my health while I’m trying to juggle ammo and psychic poo poo which includes the ability to dodge. Ugh, maybe I’ll just turn on the assist mode

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think the PS5 looks really cool

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

LawfulWaffle posted:

I feel like I’ve died more in Control than I did in Dark Souls. I’m using everything I’ve got but I’m still getting creamed. It’s just not fun to deal with floating explosive enemies and floating shooting enemies and teleporting enemies that can hit for half my health while I’m trying to juggle ammo and psychic poo poo which includes the ability to dodge. Ugh, maybe I’ll just turn on the assist mode

The plant boss killed me like 100 times and the PS4 thread told me "no you just have to get good and do this thing" so sounds about right

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What was that one vaguely RTS-y game that was in development where you had a giant robot and needed to manage a base and killed bug monsters? I think it was top down.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Apparently the default in PoE2 is that dialogue options will tell you how they affect your reputation but somehow that option got turned off for me. I'm playing an edgelord paladin from an order that gets bonuses for having the aggressive and cruel reputations, and penalties for diplomatic or benevolent. Trying to muddle my way through my edgelord paladin code without any gameplay mechanic telling me what effects what is kind of fun

I didn't really expect that the mechanic would manifest in this way during character creation when I figured the edgelord status was mostly flavor but it's fun playing an evil-ish character who I would never otherwise consider playing in one of these types of games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Acerbatus posted:

What was that one vaguely RTS-y game that was in development where you had a giant robot and needed to manage a base and killed bug monsters? I think it was top down.

are you thinking of into the breach? That came out a while ago though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Acerbatus posted:

Giant citzen kabuto is my fav 90's pc game.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The plant boss killed me like 100 times and the PS4 thread told me "no you just have to get good and do this thing" so sounds about right

Yeah I remember that bastard. Took me forever and in the end I feel like I just brute forced the encounter. By the end there’s no cover, attacks are coming nearly constantly, and there’s no or almost no health to be picked up, so if you don’t blitz you die.

The number of times I’ve been murked by something off screen with no warning that I caught is disheartening. I like so much about the game, I think I’m just gonna finish it out with some assist armor

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

LawfulWaffle posted:

I also found control extremely tough, and I have a bloodborne platinum and a soul level 1 dark souls invader. (I'm ok at games but not super good, I was complaining about being bad at uncharted 3 recently). I found by the end of the game that I think it was a mistake to aim for the health level-ups first. In order to really go through enemies fast you need to use every power. throw rocks and stuff, then fly while shooting, then finish up with a dive-bomb then throw more. If you do only one thing it interrupts the flow, and if you level health and not other stuff, you don't have enough powers to keep the flow going. But yeah it's tough and if assist mode had existed when I played, I would have turned it on about 2/3rds of the way through. I only beat it because a friend said it was the best game she'd ever played and I wanted to give it a chance.

control 6.5/10
Atmosphere 9/10
gameplay 5/10 (too hard)
story 7.5/10

Not As Good As Alan Wake.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I really feel like I played a completely different game from what people talk about wrt control's difficulty sometimes?

Which gun form are you using? The moment I got the one you charge up I never used anything else because they all felt like pea shooters compared to it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

All I know about Jojo is that it has intensely lovely looking designs, dumb poses

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Real hurthling! posted:

Season 1: cool aristocratic horror
Season 2: the best one dont at me
Season 3: the famous one
Season 4: small town horror
Season 5: king crimson does what?
Season 6: girl protagonist
Season 7: idk i dont read the manga

I was really disappointed that it turned into a cool but fairly standard shonen fighter around the time it got really popular. The first two seasons were fantastic and it felt like something really different.

When season 4 drops on Netflix I'll carry on but I'm really not on board with Stands the way I was Hamon. And what the gently caress with that Oingo Boingo poo poo? Seriously.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

SeXReX posted:

I really feel like I played a completely different game from what people talk about wrt control's difficulty sometimes?

Which gun form are you using? The moment I got the one you charge up I never used anything else because they all felt like pea shooters compared to it.

Grip and Charge. Charge and Pierce can both be charged by holding the fire button. I gave myself 20% damage reduction and I think that’s balanced things out for me. Earlier I was thinking enemies deal just a little too much damage so this is a fair compromise.

I am also baffled by my difficulty with it. I breeze through a lot of action games and I’ve seen the discussion about the perceived toughness, but I don’t know what to tell you. I just finished GoT on the hard mode (not the one-hit kill mode) and felt like it was a fair challenge, but Control had me checking twice to see if I had accidentally turned hard mode on. I’m willing to concede that it’s me and not the game, but it’s wild that the opinion is so varied across our collective skill sets.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Weedle posted:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

stev posted:

I was really disappointed that it turned into a cool but fairly standard shonen fighter around the time it got really popular. The first two seasons were fantastic and it felt like something really different.

And what the gently caress with that Oingo Boingo poo poo? Seriously.

What's wrong with Oingo and Boingo

Also it wasn't really a standard shonen fighter. A lot of shonen stuff was centered around characters needing to get stronger to fighter more powerful enemies but JJBA was more about putting the protagonist at a major disadvantage and having to rely on solving puzzles to win fights. A lot of other stuff was focused on characters punching one another until one of them punches better but JJBA was generally about characters who could finish one another off in one attack but needed to jump through a lot of hoops just to actually land a blow.

e: all parts are good in their own way, with their own strengths and weaknesses, and I care a lot about JJBA and am more than willing to post more about it and its designs and themes in greater depth. This is probably a threat.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Steel Ball Run features the revelation that Jesus, aka Joshua bin Joseph, is a JoJo and also the clearest thought experiment of why rude people tend to get their way.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm drunk, if any mods or IKs have a strong desire to joke probe me, now is the time

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

So what's the new image uploader now that imgur is pulling this poo poo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1303483513350610948

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The rack focus or whatever its called where only a small area around you is in focus and everything else is blurred in The Touryst is vile. Every second I play this game I think to myself, I wish it wasnt actively making it harder to play the game by looking ugly on purpose.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

RBA Starblade posted:

All I know about Jojo is that it has intensely lovely looking designs, dumb poses

:wow: :chloe:

Zushio
May 8, 2008
That Ninja Gaiden Trilogy rumor would be cool if true, but really? Sigma instead of Black? Interest killed.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Zushio posted:

That Ninja Gaiden Trilogy rumor would be cool if true, but really? Sigma instead of Black? Interest killed.

Isn't Sigma 1 largely the same game with a few extra missions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This video does a really good job of explaining JoJo