Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

FCKGW posted:

http://www.alertwildfire.org/

You can go here and click on some cams in the forest so see how it looks.

You can also watch live footage of fires as well.

This is LA/OC region (scroll down for pics)
http://www.alertwildfire.org/orangecoca/index.html?v=81e002f

While this is the Bay Area
http://www.alertwildfire.org/southeastbay/index.html?v=81e002f

Thanks this is pretty neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

predicto posted:

this is all that is left of the postapocalyptic bay area

I loving lold

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

predicto posted:

New Fallout looking good

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

predicto posted:

lol

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

predicto posted:

:five:

At least we still have gallows humor.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

that loving Shen Yun sign omg

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

predicto posted:

:discourse:

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
Is there any danger of carbon monoxide poisoning from the smoke?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

adoration for none posted:

Is there any danger of carbon monoxide poisoning from the smoke?

Unlikely.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
Is there a higher rez version of the Shen Yun landscape? thats amazing

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

xcheopis posted:

Unlikely.

But we can hope, right?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I'm not saying this is the apocalypse, but if you hear a peal of trumpets or the noise of thunder, get your poo poo together.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

CPColin posted:

But we can hope, right?

Um, no?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

mllaneza posted:

I'm not saying this is the apocalypse, but if you hear a peal of trumpets or the noise of thunder, get your poo poo together.

What's supposed to be in your Hell go-bag, anyway? I can't find the link.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

mllaneza posted:

If this is the apocalypse, then I reserve the right to completely lose my poo poo

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

mllaneza posted:

What if the thunder is just lightning setting more fires and you react as if it's the apocalypse for nothing?

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

What's supposed to be in your Hell go-bag, anyway? I can't find the link.

Just remember stop-drop-and-roll doesn't work in Hell

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/nationalparke/status/1303783891199643649

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

My County's public health department just temporarily lifted the restrictions on indoor dining due to smoke, and to give evacuees and people without power a place to hang out I guess. Our covid cases have been skyrocketing over the last few weeks and have never been higher, so it still seems like a questionable decision.

Do counties even have the authority to override the state and lift those restrictions? I wonder how many restaurants will actually close indoor dining again once everyone's power is restored and the smoke is gone.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Broke: Green New Deal

Woke: Red New Sky

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Orthanc6 posted:

Just remember stop-drop-and-roll doesn't work in Hell

Stop, drop, and spin in place

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tacier posted:

My County's public health department just temporarily lifted the restrictions on indoor dining due to smoke, and to give evacuees and people without power a place to hang out I guess. Our covid cases have been skyrocketing over the last few weeks and have never been higher, so it still seems like a questionable decision.

Do counties even have the authority to override the state and lift those restrictions? I wonder how many restaurants will actually close indoor dining again once everyone's power is restored and the smoke is gone.

depends on what tier your county is in. Which county?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Even if it's time to replace the fleet or whatever why tweet about this lol

https://twitter.com/SJPDPIO/status/1303745668213649408

I couldn't even tell which one was the old one until they said new BMW. That's ridiculous.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

predicto posted:

depends on what tier your county is in. Which county?

Butte County. We're in the purple, widespread tier.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
the other day various raging parties in bars downtown chico were going with almost no one on them using a mask and all packed, students in chico trying really hard to keep the county in the super spreader category.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

My friend sent me this photo from today:

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Fairly hazy today in Fresno, though no "Galactus is coming" red skies/"What the poo poo why is it so dark, it's noon" like elsewhere. No photos unfortunately.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

eSporks posted:

Isn't stockton a large port? Isn't it also a massive shithole with large poverty?

its not really a "large" port but yeah it has a port

and yeah theres lots of poverty. plenty of non-poverty too. I'd much rather be in an impoverished stockton neighborhood than some chud neighborhood

Rah! fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 10, 2020

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I'm on the Bay side of the Peninsula and the sky is looking less orange out across the East Bay. Any East Bayers want to weigh in?

can confirm SF was more orange (and darker) than Oakland, which was hella orange too

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The birds are absolutely silent, except for one crow. Clearly the doom is upon us.

saw a bunch of confused birds today, like they didnt know whether to sleep or be awake and do bird things lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

CPColin posted:

Bald Mountain Butt lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Rah! posted:

saw a bunch of confused birds today, like they didnt know whether to sleep or be awake and do bird things lol
Extremely :same:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

The tree frogs that chirp at bedtime (8ish) were chirping around 3:30, and had fallen silent by 5 or so.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oh good, 25-35mph wind gusts tonight for the bobcat fire. Cool cool cool.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I feel like a few weeks ago if someone told me that the the SF sky was one day gonna be like it was today I would’ve been like “drat that actually sounds kind of cool in an eerie way, especially since it’s not crazy hot and the air quality isn’t too bad” but man it was way more unsettling and disorienting than I can even describe. Like it was eerie for the first, I dunno, hour or so, and then it just kinda morphed into a constant low level of existential dread once it was noon and still dark as night.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Yeah, there was an oppressive, claustrophobic feel all day, it was very disorienting.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Yeah, just an awful feeling all day. Felt like I was stuck inside a 10-foot fog-filled bubble.

Having a family friend (and their family) up near Medford didn’t help the anxiety either.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Too bad the Golden Gate Bridge wasn't singing today to complete the cyberpunk dystopia

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Okay, Pumpkin Spice Sky is a bridge too far. This fad needs to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

yeah, i've seen sepia/orange days before in sf but i've never had it be this dark at midday. there was a construction crew doing some work on a neighbors' house and they had to use flashlights. even back east during massive thunderstorms i've never seen the sky like this, it was fuckin' ominous.