Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Majora's Mask had a pervading sense of impeding doom and was extremely colorful :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Hell no, go darker like they did with Twilight Princess

People claim that Twilight Princess was so dark, but it honestly wasn’t that different than normal beyond aesthetics. The Twilight monsters were freakish, but beyond that, it was pretty standard Zelda fare. Hyrule was nearly taken over, but that’s normal. Link beat back the invasion and got to run through a fairly lively land with a lot of allies and a sassy sidekick/love interest(?).

Breath of the Wild was already darker than it given that we exploring the ruins of a dead Hyrule with no companionship and have to survive off whatever we can get because we failed the last time.

Ocarina of Time had Link slowly lose everything that grounded him in his old life and battled through Hyrule that endured seven years of Ganondorf’s destructive malice.

Majora’s Mask took place in a twisted mirror of Hyrule that was constantly throwing Link into surreal and disturbing situations. That’s not even getting into the constantly ticking doomsday clock and maniacally-grinning moon creating constant pressure and dread for the player.

Hell, even Windwaker’s world was bleaker than Twilight Princess’ after we leaned the backstory and that there was no hope of ever restoring the now-destroyed Hyrule of the past.

Twilight Princess was certainly edgy and weird, but is was far from the most grim setting in the franchise.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That trailer breakdown was good. I feel like a lot of what was shown was cutscenes but there were a few parts that was obviously gameplay. Jury is still out as to whether it’s gated corridors and arenas like the first game or a more open world take. The Divine Beasts will definitely be there on the battlefield but whether you control them or not is still undecided. If they do allow you to, I’m trying to imagine if it would be fun or a challenge. They should be so overpowered against anything Ganon throws at them which is why he had to corrupt them. They might just be a cute “reward” type scenario at the end of a mission that lets you have some fun, we’ll see. But my earlier point still stands, they’re so ginormous that if the game maps are like the first game, I’m not sure they would fit at their regular scale. Hence why I’m not entirely sure they’ll be fully playable.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Cartoon Man posted:

Jury is still out as to whether it’s gated corridors and arenas like the first game or a more open world take.

Everyone hated Dynasty Warriors 9's open world format so there's absolutely no way they would do this for HW2, Nintendo would be goddamn stupid to want this.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Geostomp posted:

People claim that Twilight Princess was so dark, but it honestly wasn’t that different than normal beyond aesthetics. The Twilight monsters were freakish, but beyond that, it was pretty standard Zelda fare. Hyrule was nearly taken over, but that’s normal. Link beat back the invasion and got to run through a fairly lively land with a lot of allies and a sassy sidekick/love interest(?).

Breath of the Wild was already darker than it given that we exploring the ruins of a dead Hyrule with no companionship and have to survive off whatever we can get because we failed the last time.

Ocarina of Time had Link slowly lose everything that grounded him in his old life and battled through Hyrule that endured seven years of Ganondorf’s destructive malice.

Majora’s Mask took place in a twisted mirror of Hyrule that was constantly throwing Link into surreal and disturbing situations. That’s not even getting into the constantly ticking doomsday clock and maniacally-grinning moon creating constant pressure and dread for the player.

Hell, even Windwaker’s world was bleaker than Twilight Princess’ after we leaned the backstory and that there was no hope of ever restoring the now-destroyed Hyrule of the past.

Twilight Princess was certainly edgy and weird, but is was far from the most grim setting in the franchise.

Gamers are stupid and only see graphics. Compared to WW, TP looked grimdark even though it was probably lighter in tone than OoT, even.

Seriously, gamers are some of the stupidest people on the planet.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

here's a shot with the UI in it, it's a standard musou map

looks really big tho

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Started playing the first Hyrule Warriors and it is somehow hornier than BotW.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

DorianGravy posted:

I think the final thing I want to do is finish up Kass' side quests. Kass might be my favorite character in the game. (Accordion-bird for Age of Calamity!?) Anyway, I guess I have to find Kass in various locations before I can complete his shrines, right? I think I've found him in six places so far. Is there any reliable way of seeking him out?

You can find his diary at one of his sites that lists the places he's got songs for.

It's on top of the big tree thing on the plateau north of Satori Mt - the Blood Moon shrine

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Team Ninja aren't on the game's box for nothing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Amppelix posted:

here's a shot with the UI in it, it's a standard musou map

looks really big tho

The big area could possibly house a Divine Beast, but no way you’re gonna go stomp around the rest of the map.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is a bold claim to make considering BOTW is HGOTY

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is a bold claim to make considering BOTW is HGOTY

The whole plot of Hyrule Warriors is that a horny looking big titty witch is mega horny for Link and Ganon exploits this.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 10, 2020

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
BotW has horny characters while Hyrule Warriors has horny creators, if that makes sense.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

BotW has horny characters while Hyrule Warriors has horny creators, if that makes sense.

Gotta rebuild the Hyrule population somehow, I guess.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

The whole plot of Hyrule Warriors is that a horny looking big titty witch is mega horny for Link and Ganon exploits this.

Never change, Team Ninja

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If I was HW Link, I would have defected for the big tiity witch madly in love with me

Get a hot wife and stop a war, win win

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Cartoon Man posted:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm replaying Twilight Princess and one of the things that's always stood out to me about this game that nobody seems to really talk about is that the game feels really weirdly bad to control. Link is really weirdly slow and turning with the Z-targeting somehow feels way clunkier than it does in any other 3D Zelda game. The swordplay especially feels off, Link is already slow but when locked on he moves at an absolute snail's pace. Sword swings are also very slow and have no sense of impact and Link feels like he's nailed to one spot in the ground when he does them. It's incredibly easy to whiff attacks against enemies, especially with the wolf form, and also Wolf Link doesn't have any equivalent to the killing blow so when an enemy is on the ground he just needs to stand there waiting for them to slowly get back up. I used to think the clunkiness was just from the Wii Remote waggle but no even on the Wii U it feels awful.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

drat, I never noticed before that Commander is holding both a shot and his beer at the same time.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

drat, I never noticed before that Commander is holding both a shot and his beer at the same time.

Looks like he’s about to drop the shot into the beer...a ChuChu Bomb???

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
A Jaegerbomb maybe?

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

He did do Jaegerbombs with Canada guy.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Just a recent Majora's mask fan vid I found if anyone's interested. Nice music.

https://youtu.be/JgwV2x_VfwM

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

https://twitter.com/GoluxExMachina/status/1303913624583327744 So this happened last night...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol god hates those assholes as much as I do

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I hope you took the sword and hung it up in your house as a trophy.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yep, it's in the middle slot

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Sometime Hylia gives Link a freebie.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

DorianGravy posted:

I never managed to find one memory in BotW. It's the one in the forest, and I honestly don't know where to look. Don't tell me exactly where it is, but could someone give me a broad hint to narrow things down? Is it related to a particular event? Alternately, what direction should I head from Hyrule castle? Or is the memory not as hidden as I think?

There is an in-game help system for this, by the way. If you help out the painter in Kakariko Village he'll be at stables in the overworld (if you haven't found the memory there yet?) and will mention some geographic features near one of the memory pictures.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

Glazius posted:

There is an in-game help system for this, by the way. If you help out the painter in Kakariko Village he'll be at stables in the overworld (if you haven't found the memory there yet?) and will mention some geographic features near one of the memory pictures.

Yeah, I think I found him once or twice during the game, then completely forgot how it worked/where it was. Once someone here reminded me about it, paintbrush-guy guided me to the memory I was missing. I've now managed to find all of the memories!

Man, it always amazes me just how big this game is. When I look at my Hero's Path zoomed out, it looks pretty good. But when I zoom in, it turns out that there are vast areas that I completely skipped. There are also other areas that really impressed me when I first saw them, and then I never revisited at all.

Is it crazy to say that I wouldn't mind the next game being smaller? (Obviously it won't be, since I expect it to build on the current world, and that's fine too.) Still, I'm sure glad I don't feel any need to be a completionist about this game.

What a great game.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

DorianGravy posted:

I'm sure glad I don't feel any need to be a completionist about this game.
Same. Luckily, the game isn't built around doing everything possible and actually trolls you if you bother to find all the koroks. It's weird to think that 15 years ago, I wouldn't have considered a game done until I 100%'ed it. I would have resented the amount of content in BotW.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Hyrule Warriors hype is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETQoFvHjX-w

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Peco fukkin' rules

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I mean...

https://twitter.com/switch_movie_ss/status/1304451375380590592?s=21

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
how many hours do you think their switch account has got logged for botw...

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I haven’t finished BotW and the last time I played it was January, I tried picking it back up but I am completely lost. I know I’m at death mountain so I’m probably gonna go chill with the Gorons and I know I finished the Zora divine beast. Would I be better off restarting or trying to figure out what to do?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what to do, it's not like there's a rigid sequence of events in this game that you need to be following to progress or anything. Take a peak at your quest log and map markers if you really feel the need to.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Augus posted:

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what to do, it's not like there's a rigid sequence of events in this game that you need to be following to progress or anything. Take a peak at your quest log and map markers if you really feel the need to.

I somehow forgot all about the quest log. Thanks!

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
Going and talking to Impa in Kakariko Village would probably help get you back up to speed on the main quest as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Restarting BOTW is always a pro choice.