Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Just wait a couple more years and make it a sitcom about the carefree, lol days of just after 9/11 america.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

take me back to the brushed aluminum, inflatable chairs, and fuzzy hats of the year 2000

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
pre 9/11 is an alien space.

https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1304071126428000257?s=20

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ante posted:

How do we feel about Nickleback? I always associate the two

NINkleback

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

hawowanlawow posted:

take me back to the brushed aluminum, inflatable chairs, and fuzzy hats of the year 2000

Can we have it be mid-2001 so we get both series’ of Spaced?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
We were such happy nerds running around with our brand-new copies of the downward spiral in the hallways of our high school in our senior year.

give it up for the olds

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

captainOrbital posted:

We were such happy nerds running around with our brand-new copies of the downward spiral in the hallways of our high school in our senior year.

give it up for the olds

I had a friend with a better internet connection and CD burner, had him download every single NIN album and burn them for me, saving me hundreds of dollars. Senior year was great!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Leon Sumbitches posted:

I had a friend with a better internet connection and CD burner, had him download every single NIN album and burn them for me, saving me hundreds of dollars. Senior year was great!

I did basically the same thing with every system of a down album for my cousin, must have been around 2005. Its pretty funny to be in trouble for something, but your mom doesn't quite understand what

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fishing with the fam posted:

Just wait a couple more years and make it a sitcom about the carefree, lol days of just after 9/11 america.
There's a really good coming-of-age show about Millennials getting screwed coming of age in 01-09 that hasn't been made yet.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mind the walrus posted:

There's a really good coming-of-age show about Millennials getting screwed coming of age in 01-09 that hasn't been made yet.

Fox is no-joke making a TV show called "Ok, Boomer!"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

A Moose posted:

I did basically the same thing with every system of a down album for my cousin, must have been around 2005. Its pretty funny to be in trouble for something, but your mom doesn't quite understand what

You're supposed to steal those.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Inspector Gadget was the F-35 of supersoldiers

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Fun Fact: Trent Reznor wasn't originally going to be a musician. He started a company to make decorative soaps. Unfortunately it went bankrupt and he had to fall back on his love of music. He made some poor supplier decisions and invested most of the company's money in a huge batch of terrible lye.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Doctor Zero posted:

Fun Fact: Trent Reznor wasn't originally going to be a musician. He started a company to make decorative soaps. Unfortunately it went bankrupt and he had to fall back on his love of music. He made some poor supplier decisions and invested most of the company's money in a huge batch of terrible lye.

you son of a bitch. lol.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

hosed up if true

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Did I just read a Fight Club synopsis in reverse

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Hearing the lyrics "Lay my hands on Heaven and the sun and the moon and the stars
While the devil wants to gently caress me in the back of his car" followed by the Meow Mix kittens chanting while on LSD is always a treat.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Doctor Zero posted:

why are you doing this to me?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Rasmus posted:

I'm guessing this is a reference to the fact that one of the California fires was caused by pyrotechnics at a gender reveal party.

Side note, who the gently caress goes to a gender reveal party?

kdrudy posted:

If they've got cake alcohol, I'm in.

:hmmyes:

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Hearing the lyrics "Lay my hands on Heaven and the sun and the moon and the stars
While the devil wants to gently caress me in the back of his car" followed by the Meow Mix kittens chanting while on LSD is always a treat.

I mistakenly bought Closer to Hogs by Nine Inch Richards which was just pig sounds. Fortunately I was so stoked to find this gem that I immediately gnawed through the plastic and put it in my discman and the mall record store took it back opened when I explained my problem.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pB7PzdLzSA

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
watching the action park movie and this guy's name is great

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

He pronounces it Geth Hurd and that sucks.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I mistakenly bought Closer to Hogs by Nine Inch Richards which was just pig sounds. Fortunately I was so stoked to find this gem that I immediately gnawed through the plastic and put it in my discman and the mall record store took it back opened when I explained my problem.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pB7PzdLzSA

:catstare: That was... something else. Pro-click here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Inspector Gadget was the F-35 of supersoldiers

This is almost literally the plot of Robocop.

The real question is where Penny got her loving supercomputer 'book' from in the 80s. Also what the hell is up with Brain, the sequel cartoon shows him retired in a riverfront house with PTSD from taking shots for (and from) Gadget for years.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

I looked up the populations of those "cities" and it's only like 1100 all together (doesn't take much to be a city in rural Alaska I guess).

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How is Brain not just Gromit

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Data Graham posted:

How is Brain not just Gromit

Now picturing the British version where Wallace has a freak accident that requires him to turn himself into a cyborg Franky style.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Now picturing the British version where Wallace has a freak accident that requires him to turn himself into a cyborg Franky style.

He's more trousers than man now.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Doctor Zero posted:

I hate you but also lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

LifeSunDeath posted:

"Does your wife yell your name during sex?"

"Yes, but not in a good way."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What on earth is ketchup doing there?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Same reason pinhead is there. It's hell

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

RSVP: yes

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Self-tweeting because I ran into this name in the wild:

https://twitter.com/wurp/status/984443689408835584?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Is his name still there now? Can’t keep old Dick down.