Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

does anyone see an option to actually buy the game on this page? https://store.steampowered.com/app/791240/Lumote/

all i see is the demo. but looking at the reviews people are talking about finishing the game. i googled and their twitter mentioned being 25% off in the summer sale. i thought maybe like enhanced steam was blocking the purchase widget or something but i opened the page in the client and it looks the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Awesome! posted:

does anyone see an option to actually buy the game on this page? https://store.steampowered.com/app/791240/Lumote/

all i see is the demo. but looking at the reviews people are talking about finishing the game. i googled and their twitter mentioned being 25% off in the summer sale. i thought maybe like enhanced steam was blocking the purchase widget or something but i opened the page in the client and it looks the same.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/791240/discussions/0/2783738583643461483/ I'm not sure I've heard of this happening before.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I've definitely seen stuff get delisted because of publisher issues but this is the first time I've ever seen them let a demo stay up

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Grapplejack posted:

I've definitely seen stuff get delisted because of publisher issues but this is the first time I've ever seen them let a demo stay up

More to the point I think it's the first time I've seen a game get delisted because of getting a publisher where previously there wasn't one.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

oh thanks i probably should have checked the steam forum

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I'm trying to use the Steam Controller Configuration functions to create a turbo button on my Switch Pro controller. I'd like to basically do this:

Hold the Screenshot button = face buttons turn into turbo versions of themselves.
Release Screenshot button = face buttons go back to normal

Does anybody know how to set this up?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I was thinking about WW2 games and just discovered that Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 released on Steam recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZE5JDeZKb8

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1351450/Steel_Fury_Kharkov_1942/

It's a fairly old game, it REALLY needs mods that add content and it has never heard the term "user-friendliness" but it's probably the best out of the "modern" WW2 tank simulators. For many years now it's been kind of a staple among grumbling grognards but it was a pain in the rear end to even find a copy. Not anymore.

I recommend it to anyone that wants a more serious tank sim but do know that it will be an old-school experience both in terms of the game and having to look around in remote forums of the internet to find the mods that really make the game tick.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

GhostDog posted:

I'm not accusing them of being lazy.
I kind of am. Large parts of Elex feel incomplete and half-finished, more or less in direct proportion to how far away from your starting point on the world map they are. Elex is massively frontloaded. If you've only played the first six or eight hours, it's going to look pretty good, but after that, it rapidly falls apart. It's not a game I'd recommend even to hardcore Gothic fans.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Listen there, bud, I found a way to have fun with Risen 2, so I sure as hell can find a way to have fun with Elex and there's nothing you can do about it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

I am cis, I'm just gay

Like my use of the term was specifically for that bit of gay subculture but since it's become offensive I've just switched terms

We've gotten way off track tho and I'd also like to apologize to stux for snapping at him earlier

its mb i shouldnt just assume the worst and read the room/context better but ty

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Elex and Outward are great.

Elex’s worst sin (to me anyway) was not having the jetpack be an integral part of exploration like it was in the first little factory you come across with Duras. It’s useful, sure, but not really that impactful on the design of most areas.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Iverron posted:

Elex and Outward are great.

Elex’s worst sin (to me anyway) was not having the jetpack be an integral part of exploration like it was in the first little factory you come across with Duras. It’s useful, sure, but not really that impactful on the design of most areas.

The jet pack was great for breaking the AI’s brain a lot of the time, at least.

Elex is, in a lot of ways, the opposite of Prey. In prey, things work predictably like they do in the real world. In Elex, and in Gothic, things work predictably... on hosed up programming logic. You get the same results with the same inputs, typically, so instead of finding solutions and tricks naturally you’re thinking about what’s broken in the game and using it to your advantage. It’s weird but I really like it.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Iverron posted:

The game even kinda seems like it was originally designed around you not having it, to be honest. It's pretty obvious in the way wild animals and other ground-bound monsters will spontaneously develop a pinpoint-accurate ranged attack the moment you try to use it to escape from a fight. They'll never, ever use that attack unless and until you try to fly in mid-combat, which really just screams of the developers discovering that they had no idea how to handle the possibility once they decided to include the jetpack.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

The game even kinda seems like it was originally designed around you not having it, to be honest. It's pretty obvious in the way wild animals and other ground-bound monsters will spontaneously develop a pinpoint-accurate ranged attack the moment you try to use it to escape from a fight. They'll never, ever use that attack unless and until you try to fly in mid-combat, which really just screams of the developers discovering that they had no idea how to handle the possibility once they decided to include the jetpack.

Yeah that’s pretty accurate. I would even assume that first abandoned factory “dungeon” was added last minute given that it’s one of the few that really requires use of it.

Makes me very interested in a sequel at least.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Cardiovorax posted:

Sounds like you need to get good.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Iverron posted:

Yeah that’s pretty accurate. I would even assume that first abandoned factory “dungeon” was added last minute given that it’s one of the few that really requires use of it.
Yeah, I'd say the entire jetpack mechanic in general probably pretty much was. It just looks like one of those "neat ideas" that someone had pretty late into the development cycle and that everyone else just liked too much to not use it somehow, even if it didn't really fit into the overall design concept anymore at that point.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Things I'd like to see in more games:

Jetpacks
Grappling Hooks
Wingsuits
Gliders in lieu of wingsuits
Shotguns
No Fall Damage
Dubstep Gun

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
If any game has a shotgun that isn't chunky and loud and intensely satisfying to fire then throw it into the loving trash

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i swear the me that goes through discovery queues and wishlists things and the me that later goes through my wishlist and removes stuff that looks like crap are two totally different people

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

If any game has a shotgun that isn't chunky and loud and intensely satisfying to fire then throw it into the loving trash
https://twitter.com/Crimsix/status/1304511636254920707

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I think it's worth it. You will probably have a pretty good idea within the 2 hour refund window.

Personally I wouldn't bother with the DLC. There are like a billion amazing mods that are free and add tons of content (and the game is really mod friendly). Most of the DLC is basically 'this other farm equipment brand's stuff'. I mean, it's fine if you care about that and are a fan of a specific company that isn't included in the base game, but for most of us who know nothing about farm equipment brands their are plenty of options in the base game + mods.

There may have been a new DLC pack or two since I last played so you could research them a little bit, but just know before you get in that the modding community for that game is basically at a Skyrim level of adding new equipment, changing gameplay features, adding new maps to play on, etc.

e: also once you get into the game I highly recommend looking up the Courseplay mod (or even just something more simple like the Follow Me mod). These mods make a huge quality of life change with your AI helpers and if used properly can make it easy to manage a very large farm with lots of equipment and fields. As fun as the game is to chill out to, eventually you will get tired of slowly driving a combine back and forth to harvest a field of wheat. The game has built-in AI helpers to take over and help, but Courseplay basically allows you to program them like robots to take care of your fields and do lots of other stuff.

Can you still exploit the end boss Monsanto by illegal seed saving

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

jesus christ

you come into my house with a take that bad -

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Imagine feeling that strongly about videogame shotguns

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I do but in the good way

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

explosivo posted:

Imagine feeling that wrongly about videogame shotguns

Orv
May 4, 2011

smdh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

this has not been a good day to be on the internet

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

never listen to "pro gamers"

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i thought i had already seen the worst takes twitter had to offer

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm not particularly angry, as the FPS shotgun love on the Internet was getting a little played out, but I am somewhat baffled. How is it a coward's weapon when you have to get really close to your opponent for it to be effective. Surely the sniper rifle would qualify for that title

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
Red dead 2 double barrel shotgun was good and fun

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

I'm not particularly angry, as the FPS shotgun love on the Internet was getting a little played out, but I am somewhat baffled. How is it a coward's weapon when you have to get really close to your opponent for it to be effective.
I was kind of wondering the same thing, considering that most video game shotguns have a range so hilariously and unrealistically awful that they're essentially melee weapons with a trigger.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how to tell someone has never played a good game

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

you will take the joy of using the OG Doom shotgun from my cold dead hands

also, and I stand by this opinion: it IS better and cooler than the double shotgun

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

motherfucker can neither use a shotgun nor avoid just absolutely going to stink town on his chair, shameful
https://twitter.com/Crimsix/status/1302116358558277638?s=19

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm fairly certain my chair has never stank, nor can I imagine a scenario where it would

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I'm fairly certain my chair has never stank, nor can I imagine a scenario where it would

check your DMs

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

this guy gets it

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

There's a cornucopia of poopsock jokes you could make about stinky chairs, but in all seriousness I spend a lot of time in my chair and if it started stinking I'd call my doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cardiovorax posted:

I was kind of wondering the same thing, considering that most video game shotguns have a range so hilariously and unrealistically awful that they're essentially melee weapons with a trigger.

I thought this too, but the guy is like a pro CoD player so in context I can see what he means I guess. I imagine in upper level CoD you have to camp to get kills with a shotgun.