Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Although now that I think about it if you're a pro player and still complaining about campers in 2020 that's an lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Cardiovorax posted:

I was kind of wondering the same thing, considering that most video game shotguns have a range so hilariously and unrealistically awful that they're essentially melee weapons with a trigger.

The video game shotguns being melee weapons thing does annoy me a little, I admit it - I appreciated that in OG doom the regular shotgun could kill grunts across a room, well beyond what the same SSG shot could do

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

I was kind of wondering the same thing, considering that most video game shotguns have a range so hilariously and unrealistically awful that they're essentially melee weapons with a trigger.

theyre a cod player which is a series that does usually have pretty good range on its shotguns

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Depending on how awful CoD shotguns are, I guess it's entirely possible that the only way you'd ever realistically tag someone with them would be by setting up ambushes.

MMF Freeway posted:

Although now that I think about it if you're a pro player and still complaining about campers in 2020 that's an lol
Also that, tho.

edit:

Stux posted:

theyre a cod player which is a series that does usually have pretty good range on its shotguns
Well, so much for that, then.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Another goddamn rogue? I already have Varric, and I AM a rogue (archer). Red Sera more like Benched Sera, next please.

e: the breeches thing isn't funny, shut up you psychopath

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 13, 2020

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Phlegmish posted:

Another goddamn rogue? I already have Varric, and I AM a rogue (archer). Red Sera more like Benched Sera, next please.

But she's so random, lol

You are yet to meet the worst rogue companion, if you haven't yet met HIM

Fortunately DAI is playable without rogues.

And the best companion by far is the wizard lady whose only purpose is to savagely insult all the other awful companions 24/7.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

DAI has some god awful companions, but it also has some real good ones, and in that way I don't really mind.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

How many drat rogues do they give you

And yeah I just met Vivienne, and while I'm not entirely sold on her stuck-up noble persona, it's certainly better than Sera. I don't know if I'll swap Solas out for her, though. Actually what am I saying, she can take Varric's place. I don't mind him too much as a character, but this is a case of 2 Many Rogues

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

37 time COD champion, never heard of doom

im the umpire of games, yerrrr outttta heeeeerreeee,

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Fargin Icehole posted:

37 time COD champion, never heard of doom

im the umpire of games, yerrrr outttta heeeeerreeee,

Ah so he's this classic but unironically

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Browsing PAX games, see Prison Simulator, clickthrough , related game Bum Simulator, clickthrough, related game Priest Simulator, clickthrough, newest news item "NO CHILD ABUSE...".

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Phlegmish posted:

Jesus christ, i'm getting Tim Buckley "Jack Thompson, Don't gently caress with us " vibes off of this

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

How many drat rogues do they give you

And yeah I just met Vivienne, and while I'm not entirely sold on her stuck-up noble persona, it's certainly better than Sera. I don't know if I'll swap Solas out for her, though. Actually what am I saying, she can take Varric's place. I don't mind him too much as a character, but this is a case of 2 Many Rogues

they give you a companion for every subclass, so 3 rogues, 3 fighters, 3 wizards.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That guy seems like a huge bitch. He lists his earnings in his bio and is having the most stereotypical midlife crisis at age 27.
https://twitter.com/Crimsix/status/1304528550469537792

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Fargin Icehole posted:

Jesus christ, i'm getting Tim Buckley "Jack Thompson, Don't F&#^*CK with us " vibes off of this

Orv
May 4, 2011
The dude is clearly a lovely manchild but maybe not the weird vaguely cyberstalking bit? I know he's a public figure but that's gettin kinda weird.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Det_no posted:

I was thinking about WW2 games and just discovered that Steel Fury Kharkov 1942 released on Steam recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZE5JDeZKb8

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1351450/Steel_Fury_Kharkov_1942/

It's a fairly old game, it REALLY needs mods that add content and it has never heard the term "user-friendliness" but it's probably the best out of the "modern" WW2 tank simulators. For many years now it's been kind of a staple among grumbling grognards but it was a pain in the rear end to even find a copy. Not anymore.

I recommend it to anyone that wants a more serious tank sim but do know that it will be an old-school experience both in terms of the game and having to look around in remote forums of the internet to find the mods that really make the game tick.
Hell yeah I'm down with tank games. Which people would make more of them, and also do modern tanks (though I see the same devs also apparently made a game in the mid-east with M60A1s and T62s).

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
My impression of really high level FPS people is that really value being able snap their aim to a target super quickly and accurately. So a weapon where they don't really get to utilize those skills, or getting killed by someone who doesn't have to use those skills, maybe isn't as fun for them as it is for me, who needs to be in shotgun range to hit anyone in multiplayer regardless of what weapon I'm using

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Orv posted:

The dude is clearly a lovely manchild but maybe not the weird vaguely cyberstalking bit? I know he's a public figure but that's gettin kinda weird.

You mean making fun of his explicitly public twitter feed that is fundamental to his freely chosen and clearly remunerative career? What the gently caress is this?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Jesus christ, i'm getting Tim Buckley "Jack Thompson, Don't gently caress with us " vibes off of this

Almost certainly a joke, pretty on point though!

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass
I want a Battlefield game with no sniper rifles.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PlushCow posted:

I want a Battlefield game with no sniper rifles.

Sniper rifles annoy me on battlefield because they ruin the team dynamic. I never really die to them, the problem is half the team is staying in the back to try to get a few safe kills instead of actually playing the objective or giving health/ammo. It’s obnoxious.

Orv
May 4, 2011

El_Elegante posted:

You mean making fun of his explicitly public twitter feed that is fundamental to his freely chosen and clearly remunerative career? What the gently caress is this?

:shrug: It felt weird, ignore me.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

drat horror queefs posted:

If any game has a shotgun that isn't chunky and loud and intensely satisfying to fire then throw it into the loving trash

Play FEAR if you haven’t already

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

More like Battle for SaveScum! Jesus christ!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

For some reason I have Bound By Flame on my wish list and its really cheap. Is the game worth a poo poo or a hard pass? I have no idea why I added it to my wish list.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

if a plug a new sdd into my compy can i just drag and drop my steam folder to the new one and itll work? or do i have to do something else?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
e:nm

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

MarcusSA posted:

For some reason I have Bound By Flame on my wish list and its really cheap. Is the game worth a poo poo or a hard pass? I have no idea why I added it to my wish list.
I'd pass, it got pretty lovely reviews back in the day. Best case you're wasting only a little money on a really bad game instead of a lot of money.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Kly posted:

if a plug a new sdd into my compy can i just drag and drop my steam folder to the new one and itll work? or do i have to do something else?

If you look at the properties of a game in the library there's a button that says "move steam installation folder" or something like that. That works.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cardiovorax posted:

I'd pass, it got pretty lovely reviews back in the day. Best case you're wasting only a little money on a really bad game instead of a lot of money.

Haha thanks. I really don't know how I added that poo poo.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Generally speaking, you can also just drag it straight over into your new library folder. I mean, the Steam client won't be able to tell that you have the game installed until you actually try to run it, but it shouldn't cause any technical issues as such.

MarcusSA posted:

Haha thanks. I really don't know how I added that poo poo.
No prob, glad to have saved you some money.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

It's broken and glitchy as gently caress, the story is worse then GoT S8 and unless I was mistaken there's actual cutscenes missing it expected you to have seen because suddenly the NPCs are talking about major important details that were never mentioned.

I beat it by cheating and giving myself inf heal potions and even then the combat was a slog.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kly posted:

That's more or less it. Install Steam, point the library to the location of the folders, it'll find them either on boot of Steam or on first boot of the game, good to go.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kly posted:

I literally just did this for a fresh install. Be prepped for letting it run for a while as HDD read time is close to 100 MB/s. ~250 gigs took about 30 mins for me.

They have a guide that covers how you want to do it if you're talking about more than five games. Strix is right that you can do it all in Steam, but it's a lot of click through. I wouldn't recommend deleting as they said; I just moved over the folders listed. You should move this folder as well: <SteamInstallFolder>/steam/games. It has all of your desktop icons. If you didn't snag this folder, you can just "Verify Game Cache" to get them back, but that is very much a pain in the rear end to do for your entire library.

If this is for a fresh install, make sure you move your save games, too! There're not stored in the main Steam folder, but all over your user file. For example, I had games that saved in "My Games" and "Documents" and carried those over, but this didn't cover my Total Warhammer 2 saves, for some reason.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

BirdOfPlay posted:

If this is for a fresh install, make sure you move your save games, too! There're not stored in the main Steam folder, but all over your user file. For example, I had games that saved in "My Games" and "Documents" and carried those over, but this didn't cover my Total Warhammer 2 saves, for some reason.
TWW2's saves live in your Appdata\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer folder, not in Documents or your user folder.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Halo 3

Ancient

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

As the post states, that image is an ironic image, made for trolling to elicit that very response.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I claim Poe's Law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You drat kids get out of my lobby. I was playing the halo when there was no numbers, cause it was the only one. I was teabagging fools before your dad was teabagging your mom