Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

i say swears online posted:

it was bizarre, i kept waiting for them to delve into the single most widespread, culturally permeated and adaptable versions of pepe, which is twitch chat. i'm baffled

anyone that saw the doc, did they go over it?

no. who is pepe on twitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it was bizarre, i kept waiting for them to delve into the single most widespread, culturally permeated and adaptable versions of pepe, which is twitch chat. i'm baffled

anyone that saw the doc, did they go over it?

they probably tried to ask but then got diverted down a rabbit hole over the identity of the poggers man

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gio posted:

Not much who is pepe on twitch with you?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gio posted:

sadge

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Weirdga

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Gio posted:

PepeLaugh HE LACKS CRITICAL INFORMATION

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh no no nooo düd

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
forums favorite jessica scarane is on the newest chapo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Finicums Wake posted:

Homeless Friend posted:

congrats nichael

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

good appearance for her, but I think it's going to be overshadowed by Chris Coons going on cum town

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm chris coons, and barack obama, and i'm gay

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

T-man posted:

Not much who is pepe on twitch with you?

i’m not on twitch.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
chris coons being on cum town would be nick introducing him followed by 2 hours of stav laughing at his name and everyone on twitter getting mad at adam because nick said a slur

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gio posted:

i’m not on twitch.

pepe is the basis of ~50% of the hundreds of emotes on twitch. he's inescapable, and also innocuous. it's weird seeing twitch chat after first being exposed to the 4chan variety

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Gripweed posted:

Bad Faith is pretty good. It's nice to have a lefty politics podcast that isn't based largely on psycho Twitter poo poo

I dug it too, and I think this threads takeaway on their takes was pretty uncharitable.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

pepe is the basis of ~50% of the hundreds of emotes on twitch. he's inescapable, and also innocuous. it's weird seeing twitch chat after first being exposed to the 4chan variety

ah, ok. thanks.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ur in my world now posted:

chris coons being on cum town would be nick introducing him followed by 2 hours of stav laughing at his name and everyone on twitter getting mad at adam because nick said a slur

yeah agreed it would eb extremely good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

i still am not used to it tbh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

star eater posted:

i still am not used to it tbh

it's definitely still bizarre poo poo. the bigger streamers will have fanservice time where they'll go over their individual subreddits to share content the community created of them. if a viewer makes a video, the viewer and chat in general will be represented by pepes displaying various emotions. if y'all think podcasts are parasocial, twitch is another world. i've interacted with a couple streamers enough to where they remember my username and past topics of conversation, or remember a joke i told. i think tons of viewers get off on that stuff but to me it's kinda freaky. sometimes it feels like eating at hooters

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
its a funny frog face

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I listened to pepe chapo episode finally, Will's comment about /r/chapo was just an offhand joke, wasn't like he's obsessing about it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
started listening to trueanon, checked out the 9/11 ones and the koch bros ones, and xaris recommended the spider network ones.

any other older episodes worth checking out first? thanks

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I think there's been one or two times where Twitch got rid of a Pepe emote, but in general with the precarity of trying to make money being a streamer I think people just go along with it and don't want to question it.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

sleeptalker posted:

I think there's been one or two times where Twitch got rid of a Pepe emote, but in general with the precarity of trying to make money being a streamer I think people just go along with it and don't want to question it.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

congrats nichael

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ribbons are nice, they sort of deal with whatever comes your way

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Finicums Wake posted:

don't want to dig into this now, but jeez, finally

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

fits my needs posted:

started listening to trueanon, checked out the 9/11 ones and the koch bros ones, and xaris recommended the spider network ones.

crepeface posted:

yeah, you can really start whenever, they are pretty hardened podcasters but some of the Chapo guest episodes are good to get grounded if you come from there. some of the summary episodes are good and episode XIX has brace talk about the middle east from the perspective of someone who was there fighting isis.

actually, start from the beginning since ep 1, has matt and go through till epstein dies in eps 4-5.

29-30 is about Ghislaine's background, which is will continue to be relevant as her court case proceeds.

38 is about DNC psyops and media

there's one with yasha levine of radio war nerd

i think their COVID episodes have some good insights, but i really am sick of hearing about it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:cheers:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fits my needs posted:

yeah i mean do all the older ones. the good thing about trueanon is that it's only been around for a year so it's not like there's an mountainous backlog and those that are there are all still relevant. i find getting into some podcasts that have been doping this poo poo for like 4-12 + years just impenetrable so i don't really bother.

that said going back to the first episodes talking about epstein is just gunna feel quaint as gently caress because you're like "huh epstein who....? oh that guy, man that was like what 4 years ago??" its kinda amazing how quickly and quietly he was swept out of the world. likewise even going back a few months ago to some protest episodes its gunna feel quaint like "oh yeah those protests.. forgot about those lol man that was like what last year right??" but that's just kinda typical about any current-affairs pod and they're still very good.

oh yeah the Maria Farmer episode is particularly good if you want to hear it from a victim

the only episode I can think that you should straight up skip is the Azealia Banks episode, it was not good at all although it might be with an "awkward CRINGE listen" after you've ate enough previous eps up. I think there have been a couple of other guest-heavy episodes that haven't been great but O-K.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 06:09 on Sep 14, 2020

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oh yeah, the recent episode (96) has the qanon anonymous guys on there, it's pretty good for a quick overview of the history and recent developments of Q. it's what i've been sending to my normal friends who ask me about this poo poo.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I would rather listen to Pod Save America interview Pete Buttichieg about teaching coal miners daughters to code than the TrueAnon-Banks fiasco again.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Omnicarus posted:

I would rather listen to Pod Save America interview Pete Buttichieg about teaching coal miners daughters to code than the TrueAnon-Banks fiasco again.
yeah probably. easily one of the cringiest pod-related things ive listened to. I might have finished it, but if I did then I must have men-in-black memory wiped it out. Everyone (or at least Liz and Brace) were blatantly not having a good time and it was awkward as gently caress, I don't even think Liz said more than 5 words the entire time.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
I listened to bad faith, and thought it was good. Going to recommend it to my gf who hates the snarky irony poisoned dude voices that come out of my iPhone at all other times.

not cool of Matt to like that tweet

for a dude who talks about logging off like it's gazing into the face of Jesus Christ he sure is bad at logging off

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

apart from the banks one i don't think trueanon have ever put out a really bad episode, they're incredibly consistent

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

V. Illych L. posted:

apart from the banks one i don't think trueanon have ever put out a really bad episode, they're incredibly consistent

:hai:

9/11 pt 3 where they go into controlled demolition was kinda disappointing

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
I listen to podcasts to fall asleep and one time just as I was waking up I heard the TrurAnon people talking to Azaelia Banks. For a second I thought it was supposed to be one of those "interview an activist" episodes and was really confused. I rolled over half awake and looked at the episode title and was like "oh right, it's this poo poo" and turned it off.

Anyway that's my story thanks for listening.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

imo their point in that episode is to emphasise that every part of the official narrative is in some sense suspect - it didn't seem to me as though they were endorsing the no-plane theory from how they ribbed franczak about it, at least

though this is of course a trap of conspiratorial thinking - once you start being skeptical of what the authorities are saying, you're inevitably going to end up with some objectively kooky ideas because you can't cover all bases and you're suddenly unable to take for granted a bunch of technical resources and reports etc. this is part of the same mechanism as climate change denialists use and it's a hell of a catch-22

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

I’d also recommend the 5g episode.