Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Campa-Najjar lost last time but it was to Duncan Hunter who’s dad had the seat for decades. Issa may be more easily painted as the carpet bagger he is, but it’s definitely an uphill battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

I thought Issa was retiring after this term?

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Enigma89 posted:

I thought Issa was retiring after this term?

Issa lost his seat in the last district redraw so he’s been out of Congress. He moved into the 50th to try and get back in.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

marshmonkey posted:

Issa lost his seat in the last district redraw so he’s been out of Congress. He moved into the 50th to try and get back in.

Wow I am way out of the loop, I didn't know that. Issa was my congressman for a while, guy is an absolute piece of work.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

lol telling on himself https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1304509949188411394

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Wow, didn't expect Gavin to take such a shot at Gavin Newsom, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and the entire DNC! Very bold.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

https://www.kcra.com/article/officials-placer-county-will-not-enforce-covid-19-restrictions-some-businesses/34002178

quote:

We're over this. It's time to get back to living," said Supervisor Kirk Uhler.

KCRA 3 asked if those particular businesses will not have to follow social distancing guidelines or face masks.

"All I’m saying is the county is not enforcing any of this," responded Uhler. 
Thankful that this dude already lost his reelection.
Meanwhile, nearby sacramento is on partial lockdown and people continue to come here to escape.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

xcheopis posted:

No, I brushed off the idiotic posturing.

lol what are you talking about

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Did my beloved state just give pedophiles free reign to drive lovely 80's Toyota trucks up and down the 5 with big-rear end kid-catching nets?

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Alec Eiffel posted:

Did my beloved state just give pedophiles free reign to drive lovely 80's Toyota trucks up and down the 5 with big-rear end kid-catching nets?

Totally false.

They drive up and down the 99, ever since the of Chowchilla kidnapping

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Alec Eiffel posted:

????

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Edit: Was in a hurry earlier when I posted this... this is a fact-check article by AP against the claim that "California just passed SB 145, a bill that would end felonies for child rape and legalize pedophilia in the state."
https://apnews.com/afs:Content:9289454083

quote:

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. SB 145 would not legalize pedophilia. It would only give judges expanded discretion to determine whether an adult must register as a sex offender. Under current law, judges can make that decision in cases of voluntary, but illegal, vaginal sex with a minor age 14 to 17 and an adult within 10 years of the minor’s age. SB 145 would expand that law to include voluntary oral and anal sex within the same age parameters. The bill would not apply to any minor under the age of 14, nor would it apply to any age gap larger than 10 years. It also would not apply if either party claims the sex was involuntary. Advocates say the bill makes existing California law more inclusive for the LGBTQ community.
And then it goes into more detail.

SB-145.

I haven't personally looked through the bill and surrounding code.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 14, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Good. The sex offender registry is used too often to ruin young people's lives who never actually committed a sex offense.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pedophiles as far as these eyes can see (low visibility due to extreme smog)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Our legal age gap starts at 14 and is ten years?!?!?! Like, a 24-year-old in a consensual relationship with a 14-year-old is okay? What bozo decided the appropriate gap was ten years?

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Wait, what? Where are you getting that? I'm pretty sure the age of consent in CA is 18 and if one person in under 18 it's a crime.

Edit: oh, didn't see the post up thread. Yeah, 10 years is way too wide a margin.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 14, 2020

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Skippy McPants posted:

Wait, what? Where are you getting that? I'm pretty sure the age of consent in CA is 18 and if one person in under 18 it's a crime.

Like three or four posts up (SB 145)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Our legal age gap starts at 14 and is ten years?!?!?! Like, a 24-year-old in a consensual relationship with a 14-year-old is okay? What bozo decided the appropriate gap was ten years?
Read the post again. That is the age gap where the judge is given the option to not put someone on the sex offender registry. It's still a crime.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Via BeAuMan:

quote:

Under current law, judges can make that decision in cases of voluntary, but illegal, vaginal sex with a minor age 14 to 17 and an adult within 10 years of the minor’s age. SB 145 would expand that law to include voluntary oral and anal sex within the same age parameters. The bill would not apply to any minor under the age of 14, nor would it apply to any age gap larger than 10 years.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

No, it is illegal for a 24 year old to have sex with a 14 year old. But in the case of vaginal sex, whether or not the offender has to register as a sex offender is at the judge's discretion. This bill merely extends that discretion to include oral and anal intercourse.

California has no Romeo and Juliet law. It is always illegal for an adult to have sex with a minor under 18 years of age.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Yeah, that's why it was so exciting having sex with my girlfriend senior year of high school who was a year older than I was. We were loving renegades.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Kenning posted:

Yeah, that's why it was so exciting having sex with my girlfriend senior year of high school who was a year older than I was. We were loving renegades.

Silly Kenning, you two were supposed to gently caress each other!

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Sorry, I meant we were loving Renegades.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

The Glumslinger posted:

That's a super heavy military and vet district in San Diego, and the challenger lost in 2018 by a fair amount.

It is also incredibly racist and bad. It contains Santee, known by many as Klantee, a place where a guy was spotted in a Klan outfit at the supermarket in the 2020.

It's the kind of place that has giant billboards showing aborted fetuses.

Trump being underwater there, and a guy with a "terrist" sounding name being neck and neck with a Republican is very bad for them.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Jaxyon posted:

It is also incredibly racist and bad. It contains Santee, known by many as Klantee, a place where a guy was spotted in a Klan outfit at the supermarket in the 2020.

It's the kind of place that has giant billboards showing aborted fetuses.

Trump being underwater there, and a guy with a "terrist" sounding name being neck and neck with a Republican is very bad for them.

It also includes like half of Escondido, a 48% hispanic city, and multiple impoverished reservation communities. People always bring up Klantee and write off the district as a lost cause but forget about everyone else who lives there.

The district is rural as gently caress and desert but is also gerrymandered to cut Escondido in half and reduce the voting impact of the hispanic population there.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Arsenic Lupin posted:

How is anyone so loving stupid as to read the above and take away "they made banging a 14 year old legal!!!"

Guy, please read better and don't be such a loving clown from now on. Heard too many idiots say this IRL already because they heard some idiot anti-California propaganda somewhere.. I'm honestly baffled that there are people who can think "hey did the state of California just legalize pedophilia within that gap???" and not immediately go "no, that's insane, I should read the thing."

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

It also includes like half of Escondido, a 48% hispanic city, and multiple impoverished reservation communities. People always bring up Klantee and write off the district as a lost cause but forget about everyone else who lives there.

The district is rural as gently caress and desert but is also gerrymandered to cut Escondido in half and reduce the voting impact of the hispanic population there.

It was gerrymandered, but gerrymandered to be conservative.

I'm not saying Escondido is crap, I'm saying the district is. They literally elected a known criminal over a light brown man last election.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Jaxyon posted:

It was gerrymandered, but gerrymandered to be conservative.

I'm not saying Escondido is crap, I'm saying the district is. They literally elected a known criminal over a light brown man last election.

I know, just reminding folks that along with the Klan members it was gerrymandered to give power to, there are an awful lot of disadvantaged people who have had their voices muted. Most of the discussion about the district mentions how racist it is without discussing who else lives there. (This is my district and my neighbors are all racist pieces of poo poo but our schools are full of kids from underrepresented families that I hope folks will remember when they are condemning the district)

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Is this air quality sensor currently on fire, or what?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CPColin posted:

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
Printing your own signs promoting a candidate and giving them out to people doesn't count as a campaign contribution, does it?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

CPColin posted:

Literally yes. Much of Happy Camp was destroyed yesterday.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

marshmonkey posted:

Printing your own signs promoting a candidate and giving them out to people doesn't count as a campaign contribution, does it?

Nah you can spend a bajillion dollars promoting whomever. Money is speech, unfortunately. Print signs, rent a billboard, run a television ad, give ten million to a PAC to do "uncoordinated" spending. Your bank account is the limit.

A contribution would be, say, printing the signs and then giving them to the campaign to distribute, thus saving the campaign printing costs. Then you have to consider the value of the signs against contribution limits.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Nah you can spend a bajillion dollars promoting whomever. Money is speech, unfortunately. Print signs, rent a billboard, run a television ad, give ten million to a PAC to do "uncoordinated" spending. Your bank account is the limit.

A contribution would be, say, printing the signs and then giving them to the campaign to distribute, thus saving the campaign printing costs. Then you have to consider the value of the signs against contribution limits.

Awesome, time to order more signs.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Tacier posted:

Literally yes. Much of Happy Camp was destroyed yesterday.

Holy moly:

https://www.mtshastanews.com/pictur...age/5785109002/

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

CPColin posted:

How is that even safe to be in, at that point people should be evacuated right?

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

adoration for none posted:

How is that even safe to be in, at that point people should be evacuated right?

Not safe, but you don’t get evacuated due to smoke, only told to stay indoors.

Unless you’re homeless in which case good luck.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

stay indoors and also don't run any A/C because the power grid is stressed enough already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
There's definitely going to be people dying or getting permanent lung damage because of this smoke.