Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Epic and it's store are both garbage.

I'll take the free games but why should I spend a single dollar on Epic's store when Steam's is objectively better by several orders of magnitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Both companies are hypercapitalist assholes so there's no real comparing which one is morally better.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Eej posted:

Both companies are hypercapitalist assholes so there's no real comparing which one is morally better.

I'll settle for the best experience as a user, so I'll reiterate: gently caress Epic. I'm not in this thread for moral anticapitalist outrage.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah the unsaid part is just use whatever is better to you instead of moralizing over who's hooking which indie dev into their engine ecosystem but more nicely

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I too just take the free games and move along. Steam, while it has its issues, is my de facto gaming platform.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I too just take the free games and move along. Steam, while it has its issues, is my de facto gaming platform.

Yeah this is me. I think Epic and it's platform are garbage but I'm not gonna die on a hill defending that position. I'll just go play a game instead.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.gog.com

:confused: :confused: :confused:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
You can also connect all your steam and origin and epic games to the GOG client.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

anyone play COD Mobile? its the one phone game i play and its not the worst

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I literally only play one phone game, it's android only and called Survive. Simple little cyoa lost in the woods game poo poo. It has probably eaten days of my time but I've been playing it since an early beta.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The only phone game I put time into is PathPix. I usually just read if I have downtime.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Every once in a while I'll download a chess game, get my rear end handily rewarded back to me regularly for a week, then delete it and go back to forgetting about chess for months.

Phone games just don't pull me in like they used to, but that's not really a bad thing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Every once in a while I'll download a chess game, get my rear end handily rewarded back to me regularly for a week, then delete it and go back to forgetting about chess for months.

Phone games just don't pull me in like they used to, but that's not really a bad thing.

ive never liked mobile gaming tbh

cod mobile is basically just the poo poo i want from playing COD multiplayer with no voice chat and not having to pay money

it does a good job at that. The Battle Royale mode isnt bad either, especially for a phone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I didn't have a problem with the free xbox CoD game besides being 100+gb and frequently redownloading the entire 100+gb because they made a 2mb change and force a full download update. Oh yeah, now I remember why I stopped playing it.

Didn't have to listen to screaming children though because I'd go into party chat by myself.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I didn't have a problem with the free xbox CoD game besides being 100+gb and frequently redownloading the entire 100+gb because they made a 2mb change and force a full download update. Oh yeah, now I remember why I stopped playing it.

Didn't have to listen to screaming children though because I'd go into party chat by myself.

yeah mobile fixes all that and it has shipment as a level so im all good lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm also getting old and fps games are pretty much a thing of the past for me. I'm pretty much fooling around in state of decay 2 until 3 comes out, or playing dumb poo poo I find on gamepass (hotshot racing is pretty decent), but not stuff where my ability to out-trigger 12-25 year olds is a concern.

I've been watching a playthrough of death stranding, since xbox will never see that poo poo. Pretty good. Pretty loving good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im the same. My most played fps in the past couple years on a console or PC has been the switch ports of doom/doom 2 ( and they are FANTASTIC)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If you have a switch but not Splatoon 2, you're letting yourself down.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Finally finished Yakuza 0 today. I am considering picking up Kiwimi or the remastered collection next.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hekk posted:

Finally finished Yakuza 0 today. I am considering picking up Kiwimi or the remastered collection next.

Kiwami was meh.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

could use a good play order guide for yakuza since i never played it ever and i heard one of them depends on you getting a high score in Outrun which is entirely my poo poo

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/Ice_Cream_Jones/status/1305284676857126913

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Historically accurate that he made Genghis a skate legend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXmPpL04KQQ&t=21s

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I really like the multiplayer component of Death Stranding, will be interesting to see if Kojima or someone else develops it even further.

It's the first time I've ever wanted to "smash that like button!" when you find something someone created in a really convenient spot.

The nonlethal aspect of your interactions with enemy humans is interesting too, they don't even kill you either they just beat you up and steal your stuff.

I hope we'll see more games where more of the game play is navigating the environment rather than just some form of combat.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mustang posted:

I really like the multiplayer component of Death Stranding, will be interesting to see if Kojima or someone else develops it even further.

It's the first time I've ever wanted to "smash that like button!" when you find something someone created in a really convenient spot.

The nonlethal aspect of your interactions with enemy humans is interesting too, they don't even kill you either they just beat you up and steal your stuff.

I hope we'll see more games where more of the game play is navigating the environment rather than just some form of combat.

did you get the email that explains why they have likes yet

i laughed really hard at how clever it was

oxytocin, the chemical your brain gets from getting likes on poo poo, helps fight off the effects of the Death Stranding

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also BUILD ALL THE ROADS

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I haven't seen that email yet but I've kind of figured as much by now.

I've been rebuilding the roads but I seem to be putting in way more resources than other people though. I just got the truck so I should be able to haul around much more resources but I just found like 6 more terminals to rebuild roads and I still have about half the map left for the central area.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I could be imagining it, but it seems like if you go hard on a road or two with donated resources, when you do a story mission or side mission, you’ll get more assistance from others in building roads.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

I could be imagining it, but it seems like if you go hard on a road or two with donated resources, when you do a story mission or side mission, you’ll get more assistance from others in building roads.

also if you take a break for a few hours irl and come back to play after initially donating, you'll have a ton of community progress.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

do yourself a favor now and if you're coming back to like the main drag of central area from like weather station or like the elder and poo poo, it might save you some time to bring whatever ceramics supplies they have there to stick in a private locker for when you need it. Ceramics is the big bottleneck for getting roads done.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I sometimes feel like I'm a dead-end evolutionary branch of humanity (or at least goonhood) because I have never, ever gotten Kojima, and I gave up a few Metal Gear games in because the dumb and weird overwhelmed the good and fun.

It's like when everyone else I knew acted like Carlos Mencia was the greatest comedian alive, and I just figured I was missing a gland or something

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i feel the same way about The Witcher

its cool that you guys like it and all, and im glad cd projekt is a cool company and is doing well, but it just never got me

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i feel the same way about The Witcher

its cool that you guys like it and all, and im glad cd projekt is a cool company and is doing well, but it just never got me

It's the gameplay that's the problem for me with the Witcher games. But I think I've gone on about it before in this thread, I just can't do the epic sprawling 100+ hour RPGs anymore.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I can but only for the really special ones. I put the PS5 on the christmas list just for HZD 2. I've started farting around again in the first one, but just killing robo-dinos here and there. I can't dive into the story again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Rat posted:

It's the gameplay that's the problem for me with the Witcher games. But I think I've gone on about it before in this thread, I just can't do the epic sprawling 100+ hour RPGs anymore.

i still can, I put 100+ hours into the new Fire Emblem too because it was surprisingly fun with permadeath on and had a pretty dang crazy story for a nintendo made game

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

GD_American posted:

I sometimes feel like I'm a dead-end evolutionary branch of humanity (or at least goonhood) because I have never, ever gotten Kojima, and I gave up a few Metal Gear games in because the dumb and weird overwhelmed the good and fun.

It's like when everyone else I knew acted like Carlos Mencia was the greatest comedian alive, and I just figured I was missing a gland or something

GD_American posted:

I can but only for the really special ones. I put the PS5 on the christmas list just for HZD 2. I've started farting around again in the first one, but just killing robo-dinos here and there. I can't dive into the story again.

I'm extremely :same:, my dude. On all counts. Literally the only reason I will buy a PS5 is HFW.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

The Rat posted:

It's funny, that's pretty much the only kind of game I really get bitten by anymore. Either semi-mindless time burners like NMS or it's poopsock RPG time.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Final Fantasy 16 reveal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofWtkPs92Nc

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

drat yoshi-p likes game of thrones

i can't tell if the character design is a little on the generic side or if it's just because i've stared at FF14 for so long that everything here looks familiar

the combat looks dope as hell but, well, FF15's combat looked really cool but felt completely uncontrollable, so we'll have to see how that goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I set up some zip lines to some hard to reach mountain shelters and went to bed last night. Logged in today and not a single person has used them. Then I realized that I've never once seen another persons zip lines either, do I need to go further in the story? There's no way I'm the only person this far in the game that's playing around with them.