Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

can you all do me a favour and not tell me anything about what death stranding is because it sounds like it's literally a hiking simulation and i'm incredibly on board with that

hurry up and go on sale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Patware posted:

i can't tell if the character design is a little on the generic side or if it's just because i've stared at FF14 for so long that everything here looks familiar

https://twitter.com/ph14basicbitch/status/1306341890913042433?s=19

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

can you all do me a favour and not tell me anything about what death stranding is because it sounds like it's literally a hiking simulation and i'm incredibly on board with that

hurry up and go on sale

It’s on sale for 17 usd from GameFly.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

I set up some zip lines to some hard to reach mountain shelters and went to bed last night. Logged in today and not a single person has used them. Then I realized that I've never once seen another persons zip lines either, do I need to go further in the story? There's no way I'm the only person this far in the game that's playing around with them.

Equipment usage (especially ziplines) is kind of weird. Really seems if you don’t build ziplines you’ll never find ziplines and they were the site improvement that seemed to lag the most.

Or maybe I just stranded via the social options to people who love vehicles and bridges (always everywhere) more than ziplines.

I have a network across almost the entire mountains that is barely or rarely used except by my self. Some pretty handy but generic zipline in the earlier part of the game gets me thousands of likes.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Patware posted:

drat yoshi-p likes game of thrones

i can't tell if the character design is a little on the generic side or if it's just because i've stared at FF14 for so long that everything here looks familiar

the combat looks dope as hell but, well, FF15's combat looked really cool but felt completely uncontrollable, so we'll have to see how that goes

I thought it looked generic as well, but I am also playing through FF12 for the first time and everything is so colorful. The dragoon looked sweet but uninspiring. Well its attacks were cool at least. Didn't see any other races outside humans in the trailer as well.

Story wise it kind of looks like (speculation) they are going all dark and edgy and gonna have two protagonists fight each other in the end? Personally I would like to see a strong antagonist ala Kefka or Sephiroth. But then who knows how early this is in development?

I really hope the combat is derivative of FF7R, I think they have a good thing going there. The combat with air juggling is giving me DMC vibes. I do admit I skipped FF15 so I don't know if it's similar. I played the demo, didn't finish it.

And does the phrase "The legacy of the crystals has shaped our history for long enough" have a double meaning? Is this the end of FF as we know or grew up with?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its the same combat as ffxv so yeah its the same as ff7 remake

it looks cool and I'll play it

and no final fantasy will never be allowed to end

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its the same combat as ffxv so yeah its the same as ff7 remake

it looks cool and I'll play it

and no final fantasy will never be allowed to end

I don't think it will end, just become something different. Maybe they will make a game without Crystals and summons and all the stuff we are used to.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its prolly just for the story of this game

the world ends in basically every ff game

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Iain posted:

I thought it looked generic as well, but I am also playing through FF12 for the first time and everything is so colorful. The dragoon looked sweet but uninspiring. Well its attacks were cool at least. Didn't see any other races outside humans in the trailer as well.

Story wise it kind of looks like (speculation) they are going all dark and edgy and gonna have two protagonists fight each other in the end? Personally I would like to see a strong antagonist ala Kefka or Sephiroth. But then who knows how early this is in development?

I really hope the combat is derivative of FF7R, I think they have a good thing going there. The combat with air juggling is giving me DMC vibes. I do admit I skipped FF15 so I don't know if it's similar. I played the demo, didn't finish it.

And does the phrase "The legacy of the crystals has shaped our history for long enough" have a double meaning? Is this the end of FF as we know or grew up with?

FF14's story is essentially boiling down to "crystals? are actually evil" so this is just the same thing being retrod by the same director (well, the FF14 director is producing FF16 but same thing)

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the battle designer of FF16 is the battle designer of DMCV and Dragon's Dogma

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Rebuilding America is hard work.

Same spot a few hours later.

Game is really pretty.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Equipment usage (especially ziplines) is kind of weird. Really seems if you don’t build ziplines you’ll never find ziplines and they were the site improvement that seemed to lag the most.

Or maybe I just stranded via the social options to people who love vehicles and bridges (always everywhere) more than ziplines.

I have a network across almost the entire mountains that is barely or rarely used except by my self. Some pretty handy but generic zipline in the earlier part of the game gets me thousands of likes.

I thought I was in the the Great Outdoors thread for a second and thought “oh cool, yet another goon zipline project; surely this one won’t be designed to kill children” until I realized you were talking about Death Stranding.

I have to say RDR2 is the first open-world game where I’ve actually wanted to explore every inch of the world and do all the side quests. GTAV never really gelled with me because it just seemed like it was too much to handle or do, but RDR2 has just had like the perfect pace for me.

On the other side of the spectrum, I’m also doing another play through of Doom Eternal and am thoroughly enjoying ripping and tearing until I’m done finding all of the collectibles and secrets.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Well RIP the 3080 launch, that was a mess.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I'm hopeful I can get one next month or in November but lol.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Okay, I've followed a lot of talk about the launch in the German goon discord, and assumed this was mostly a failed launch from a business perspective, with availability, order handling and supply being hosed up. But I'm starting to think that there was some public presentation that also went horribly awry, like the Cyber truck or whatever.

Do y'all at least have link?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-rtx-...uffer-pcgamertw

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
People are using bots to scalp them to crypto miners, is what I'm guessing is happing, am I right?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

People are using bots to scalp them to crypto miners, is what I'm guessing is happing, am I right?

Pretty much. They were on sale for a little under a second. a lot of people managed to snatch like 10-15 of them via running bots via VPNs and poo poo, even though there was a "hard cap" of 2 per user.

Currently the preorders are going for ~$2000-2500 on Ebay, but Nvidia is going through and hand reviewing each order and cancelling ones that were ordered by bots.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PS5 sale went much the same way by the way, but Sony is highly unlikely to cancel scalper orders because Sony doesn't give a poo poo.

I'm happy with my 2080 FE for now, but since I play at 3440x1440, a 3080 would be quite a meaningful performance upgrade for me since I'm GPU bound in most games.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 17, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Rat posted:

Well RIP the 3080 launch, that was a mess.

Yeah I thought I had one at the Nvidia site but I guess that was fake news because after an hour of clicking the “check out” button it just got removed from my cart.

Word’s still out on whether or not everything got botted or nobody had significant stock in the first place. Probably both. I checked Best Buy around 6am and and all the cards just instantly switched from “unavailable” to “out of stock” between refreshes.

Nvidia didn’t do poo poo to stop botting. There wasn’t even a captcha.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 17, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Made an announcement about GIP tabletop simulator night in #attack-and-dethrone-mods in the discord. It is the latest pin.

tl;dr looks as though we'll be playing TTS on the first and third Thursdays of every month, inaugural game night next week on the 24th

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ohhh what are we playing? I’ve got TTS, but haven’t really checked it out too much yet.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Icon Of Sin posted:

Ohhh what are we playing? I’ve got TTS, but haven’t really checked it out too much yet.

Plan is to explore modded in content, starting with folks favorite board games and venturing out from there.

Thanks to the kindness of @Yooper on the discord (uncertain of SA handle) I have three copies for folks in need and of limited resources who would still like to participate. PM for a copy

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Fallom posted:

Yeah I thought I had one at the Nvidia site but I guess that was fake news because after an hour of clicking the “check out” button it just got removed from my cart.

Word’s still out on whether or not everything got botted or nobody had significant stock in the first place. Probably both. I checked Best Buy around 6am and and all the cards just instantly switched from “unavailable” to “out of stock” between refreshes.

Nvidia didn’t do poo poo to stop botting. There wasn’t even a captcha.

Yeah this morning I had them in cart multiple times at Best Buy and Newegg and every single time there would be some error and it wouldn't go through.

Oh well, it's not a dire need, I'll pick one up in a few months whenever they're more readily available.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

The Rat posted:

Yeah this morning I had them in cart multiple times at Best Buy and Newegg and every single time there would be some error and it wouldn't go through.

Oh well, it's not a dire need, I'll pick one up in a few months whenever they're more readily available.

The 2080Ti was a poo poo show too

Stuff sold out instantly, orders cancelled.

I ordered it repeatedly until I finally got one.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1306991768387321856?s=19

Cyberpunk specs dropped

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I'm about to pull the trigger on a new machine, anyway, and that's... pretty reasonable.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Naked Bear posted:

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new machine, anyway, and that's... pretty reasonable.

Triple A game specs delenda est

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Naked Bear posted:

Recommended specs probably pull in <30 FPS @ 1080p

E: lol get hosed 1440p

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/cyberpunk/pc/sp-technical/issue/1556/cyberpunk-2077-system-requirements

quote:

Please note that the game is both graphics- and processor-intensive, so make sure these components meet or exceed the minimum requirements. Also note that the minimum is created with Low settings and 1080p gaming in mind and Recommended with High and 1080p.

TCD fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 19, 2020

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Oh, good! My monitors are only 1080 anyway! :v:

I'm on Linux, too, so it may or may not even work right away.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

orange juche posted:

Pretty much. They were on sale for a little under a second. a lot of people managed to snatch like 10-15 of them via running bots via VPNs and poo poo, even though there was a "hard cap" of 2 per user.

Currently the preorders are going for ~$2000-2500 on Ebay, but Nvidia is going through and hand reviewing each order and cancelling ones that were ordered by bots.

Holy poo poo :lol:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hey mustang post your death stranding progress

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Haven't had as much time to play the past few days but I made it to Mountain Knot City, took the truck through the mountains to get there.

Continued rebuilding roads and adding to my zipline network.

The local weather man had an allergic reaction so of course I had to rush 120 kg of medication up the mountain to him. With the zipline network it took 5 minutes.

I might be crazy but I think all the chiral gold cosmetic options are also more durable than standard colors like the unique chiral items are. My chiral gold truck definitely seems to erode slower than when it was red.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yes

also if you max out someone you get chiral boots which last a lil longer, helpful when you have to climb the rockies behind mountain knot

roads are a really good focus along with getting everyone to at least 4 stars. I five'd everyone and stole every ceramic piece i could from every shared locker and prepper while building a zipline network to everyone and taking time to punch mules out because its super fun clearing them out, especially when you get more tools.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Listen you dicks, I bought your rucking simulator and now I can't stop playing and throwing my spooky dookie at everything that moves and what the hell have I done

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I mean what in the blue gently caress is going on I have no idea

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

thats kinda the point

not knowing is half the battle

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The terrorist group Homo Demens has armed the local cargo cultists with shotguns, assault rifles and body armor. I found this out the hard way.

Still managed to escape with a ton of their ceramic.

Sam is a man of peace, he uses only non-lethal weapons.

Not pictured behind the tent: a squad in body armor immune to rubber bullets and a truck full of reinforcements. Nailed one in the head and you can see his silhouette behind the rock on the left.

Found out they also had shotguns as they got closer.

I like how all of his animations have animated facial expressions despite the fact you almost never see his face up close outside of cutscenes.

Keep on keeping on.

Mustang fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 20, 2020

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

in photo mode you can cycle through em all for the pose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Just to see it you should let MULEs beat you up sometime. Or just google it.