Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

wonder if Obama's CFPB head trying to stick around into the Trump admin is going to be a precedent we see repeated

imagine Trump's Homeland Security appointees refusing to leave even if Trump himself steps down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Mandoric posted:

Didn't the quintipartite partition of California originally spring up as a way to get more Republicans in the Senate lol

. At best Dems would get 6 and republicans 4.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Atrocious Joe posted:

wonder if Obama's CFPB head trying to stick around into the Trump admin is going to be a precedent we see repeated

imagine Trump's Homeland Security appointees refusing to leave even if Trump himself steps down

Trump is never stepping down. He might "take a golf trip" on January 20th and come back to find the locks changed. Then he claims a coup ousted him.

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
rgb did the die, balk fuel or nah?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if they cant fill the seat and the election has to be decided by a 4-4 scotus you could see some crazy poo poo

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

staticman posted:

rgb did the die, balk fuel or nah?

the match is now lit and a trembling old man with early stage dementia is holding it over a bucket of kerosene

Mitch McGobble
Oct 18, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

if they cant fill the seat and the election has to be decided by a 4-4 scotus you could see some crazy poo poo

There's no way Mitch doesn't fill her seat before the election.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Real hurthling! posted:

Don't see why it would be 4-4 when Rs hold 5 seats and Ds now hold 3.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Mitch McGobble posted:

There's a reasonably compelling argument that he'd use the seat as election fodder, then fill it in the lame duck session regardless of the result.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

OhFunny posted:

Don't see why it would be 4-4 when Rs hold 5 seats and Ds now hold 3.

i could see roberts doing one of his moves that piss off conservatives

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Real hurthling! posted:

lol

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

lmfao no

those votes follow very clear patterns - they neither threaten money or Republican political power & help him maintain a veneer of kayfabe for the court

if he needs to weigh in on a US presidential election? there's less than no chance

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

. At best Dems would get 6 and republicans 4.

Mandoric posted:

Didn't the quintipartite partition of California originally spring up as a way to get more Republicans in the Senate lol

Racists have been trying to break up California since before the civil war.

Either:
Combine the south, Broncos states, and Midwest into each of their own states.
or, split the country up by giving each county in the US would their own electoral votes

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

split the country up

:hmmyes:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It sure seems like the Democrats setting a precedent that ballot access can be revoked by judicial review would be a problem coming into a blood red Supreme Court

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

It's not going to go that way:
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/57832/half-country-lives-these-counties

https://www.businessinsider.com/half-of-the-united-states-lives-in-these-counties-2013-9 (pay-walled)

https://i.imgur.com/p6dcKX9.png

2000 census
https://i.imgur.com/hY8tpOn.jpg

Los Angeles county Population compared to other county populations
https://assets.lifesitenews.com/images/remote/https_www.lifesitenews.com/images/blog/elbow_room11.png

Electricity lines
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/images/2016.12.08/mainlarge.png

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 06:02 on Sep 19, 2020

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

got my new license in the mail the other day and it says NOT FOR FEDERAL ID and i loled like ok? i think ill be alright

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

what im saying is i hope America collapses before REAL ID compliance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i got a passport card jic but now i doubt ill be flying any time soon

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

i got a passport card jic but now i doubt ill be flying any time soon

Same.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mitch McGobble posted:

For real. Mitch even boasted about blocking Garland: “one of my proudest moments was when I looked Barack Obama in the eye and I said, 'Mr. President, you will not fill the Supreme Court vacancy.'” This is going to be a final gently caress you to Obama by Trump AND Mitch.

Just lol what a country.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
according to this FB copypasta, the balk will be shitlib

quote:

DEAR RED STATES; WE'RE LEAVING.
We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us.
In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon, California, New Mexico, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast.
We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country that includes Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and Washington D.C.
We also get the vast majority of the major shipping ports. So good luck with getting goods in or out of the country affordably.
We also get Costco, Starbucks and Boeing. You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.
We get stem cell research and the best beaches.
We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Branson, Missouri.
We get Intel, Apple and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.
We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Mississippi.
We get two-thirds of the tax revenue; you get to make the red states pay their fair share.
Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happier, intact families.
Please be aware that California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals. They have kids they're apparently willing to send to their deaths for no purpose, and they don't care if you don't show pictures of their children's caskets coming home.
With the Blue States unified, we will have firm control of 80 percent of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at your state dinners) 90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools -- Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Harvard, the Penn, Princeton, and Yale; and Mount Holyoke, Vassar, Smith, Wellesley, Bryn Mawr, Barnard, and Radcliffe colleges; plus UCLA, UCB, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.
With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones and Rand Paul.
We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.
Additionally, 62 percent of you believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties. (See that part about divorces. ...)
Oh, and you can have all the new COVID-19 cases since you're too dumb and self-centered to wear masks.
Peace out.
We are the people of the Blue States

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

turd in my singlet posted:

total freaks

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

lol these people are deranged

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

I enjoyed the singling out of pineapple.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us.
In case you aren't aware, that includes Hawaii, Oregon, California, New Mexico, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and all the Northeast.

is this from 2004

also of course the libs want to keep the colonies for themselves

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

acting culturally superior hasnt made republicans do what i want ever but wait until i dis branson!!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

is this from 2004

Yes. It mentions Saddam even.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

Mantis42 posted:

Yes. It mentions Saddam even.

It took me a while to remember this but the first time I saw this was myspace lmao

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind
lol in three different discord servers im in people are having discussions of how to execute a legitimate secession

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

gotta love classic memes making the rounds in 2020

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Complications posted:

gotta love classic memes making the rounds in 2020

nothing more classic than taking a 15-year-old FW:FW:FW:FW email, adding one line at the end to update it for the current year, and posting it on facebook for all to see

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
yeah the WorldCom reference is also pretty dated considering they went under in what, 2002?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/sunwells/status/1308856375079038977?s=20

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
anybody else listen to the "it could happen here" podcast by robert evans? it's extremely dark but seriously worth a listen

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Kanine posted:

anybody else listen to the "it could happen here" podcast by robert evans? it's extremely dark but seriously worth a listen

Good content but he pronounces extremism very, very wrong.

Dude must eat a lot of Creme Fraiche ("Krem Fresh").

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Mr.Radar has issued a correction as of 19:21 on Sep 26, 2020

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Mr.Radar posted:

This article seems extremely relevant to this thread: A wargame designer defines our four possible civil wars..

I still can’t wrap my head around any kind of shooting war starting. I can’t picture either side finding the balls to do it (especially not progressives).

Yeah, I know that’s what each side assumed about the other when the Civil War started.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 58 minutes!

ProperGanderPusher posted:

I still can’t wrap my head around any kind of shooting war starting. I can’t picture either side finding the balls to do it (especially not progressives).

Yeah, I know that’s what each side assumed about the other when the Civil War started.
Yeah, it's hard to imagine the "progressive" establishment starting poo poo. It's not like Trump is threatening to nationalize their property. Outside that, he'd have to do something like endorse actual armed attacks on establishment politicians for them to react, at which point things can spiral out of control as democratic governors attempt to preemptively crack down before they get targeted themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

no one is going to start a civil war for Joe Biden

Mr.Radar posted:

This article seems extremely relevant to this thread: A wargame designer defines our four possible civil wars..

dude has lib brain. thinks the Rwandan genocide will happen if TRUMAO wins.

PawParole has issued a correction as of 12:21 on Sep 26, 2020