Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Naughty children are sent to the pear wiggler.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 19, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: I love your edits.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

This is some drat good drama.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Ruthless Rhymes for Martial Militants (3/11/1914)

I am feeling ruthless and martial today* so please enjoy this lady who was really looking forward to doing arson.

*listless and catatonic

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Drakyn posted:

All of
the
pirates
are
women!

I have
gunned
down
several
of them!

this is just to say

i have gunned down
the pirates
that were robbing
the cargo ship

and who
were flying
impractical
backwards planes

forgive me
they were female
so posed
and so traced

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

RandomPauI posted:

This Luanne storyline is getting to me. Shannon comes across to me as a kid who has been ignored all her life and who is doing whatever it takes to get any sort of engagement at all. And the nominal heroes of this strip mostly can't be added if she isn't hurting herself or causing property damage.
Do you think they're aware of how they're presenting the characters or that it's all accidental? I'm guessing they think they're writing Shannon as a normal, active kid and have completely divorced any context from the situation in their head.

Tiggum posted:

You see them on the streets pretty frequently in some places. My parents live in Bendigo, about 3km from the CBD, and there are often kangaroos outside their house in the evenings.
Well that explains it then; we spent our time in Cairns and Sydney and never really left the cities except on a few bus excursions to cultural areas.

B Kliban

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Selachian posted:

this is just to say

i have gunned down
the pirates
that were robbing
the cargo ship

and who
were flying
impractical
backwards planes

forgive me
they were female
so posed
and so traced

:hmmyes:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Selachian posted:

this is just to say

i have gunned down
the pirates
that were robbing
the cargo ship

and who
were flying
impractical
backwards planes

forgive me
they were female
so posed
and so traced
holy poo poo

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Me killing pirates: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me finding out that they were women: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's not upset about that. He's upset about them doing men's work and flying planes.

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Dustin

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

::getin:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Selachian posted:

this is just to say

i have gunned down
the pirates
that were robbing
the cargo ship

and who
were flying
impractical
backwards planes

forgive me
they were female
so posed
and so traced

:perfect:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

:allears:

You know, I think Moomin's Desert Island might be my favourite of the stories I've seen.

Conan the Barbarian Mar. 16th- 22nd, 1981

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (September 22, 1973)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 "What We Laughingly Call 'Sexytime'" Lane

Rip Haywire Meets The Giant Space Cat!

Out Our Way (April 8-10, 1935)

The Duck. By Dok. (April 18, 1913)

And I'm actually using a regular title today because the Seattle Times started printing a features index for the first time a few days before this edition, which means they actually gave the strip a title.

Since The Duck (by Dok) is immediately below the index on the front page, you kind of wonder why they bothered, but there you are.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

catlord posted:

:allears:

You know, I think Moomin's Desert Island might be my favourite of the stories I've seen.

Conan the Barbarian Mar. 16th- 22nd, 1981

Holy poo poo this is hilarious.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

EasyEW posted:

Since The Duck (by Dok) is immediately below the index on the front page, you kind of wonder why they bothered, but there you are.

ooh, Daffydils. There's a ton of those on Wikipedia. Maybe I'll post them next.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

catlord posted:

Why would you not? You turned into a functional moon-buggy.

The way the dodos still ask about the humans really bothers me. These dodos were born and grew up after DNA Wizard and her crew hosed off. Their parents don't care about humans, and wouldn't have any reason to bring them up. And even if they did, as far as this new generation knows, the humans are gone forever so why would they even give a poo poo.

Julet Esqu posted:

Except that Toni doesn't want kids, as you just discussed. The person who wants the least amount of kids wins. Sucks you guys evidently didn't talk about that even once before you got engaged, but that's what happens when you're dumb.

Don't serious relationships sometimes not work out when the two parties can't agree whether they want to have kids or not? Brad's an idiot for not bringing it up beforehand and now it sounds like he's trying to pressure Toni into having kids. And even if she did agree, Toni is going to be an awful mom anyway. For crying out loud, she lost her poo poo at Shannon for the sheer crime of trying to pick a wallpaper for her room.

RandomPauI posted:

And, again, she's acting out for attention because it's been denied to her for so long. Ignoring her unless she's hurt just sends her bad messages about how to get love. And even worse, her worth as a person.

I'm going to be pretty pissed if the solution to this is Luann telling Brad to adopt Shannon or something.

fondue posted:

Do you think they're aware of how they're presenting the characters or that it's all accidental? I'm guessing they think they're writing Shannon as a normal, active kid and have completely divorced any context from the situation in their head.

Team Evans is aware of what they're trying to write, it's just that they're so out of touch with reality that they think people should hate Shannon or Tiffany and cheer on the "heroes" for being assholes toward them.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Dick

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I like the subtle touch of Dustin Dad having a beer while everyone else is having wine. It's fun to fill in the blanks of what happened when he was offered wine.

Or maybe he just asked for a cup of white.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

It has been a long summer waiting for this moment and it was worth it. iplop!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Oh no, I screwed over all of my powerful friends and then kept operating my business in the town they run! How could this have happened?!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

EasyEW posted:

Pearls Before Swine

:chloe:

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother GOose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

I'll bet Tove Jansson considered this while she was writing it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kavak posted:

Oh no, I screwed over all of my powerful friends and then kept operating my business in the town they run! How could this have happened?!

When people get a chance to touch the guy who thinks he's untouchable.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

That is a shaving cream can.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did. (July 14, 1917)

Outbursts of Everett True (September 21, 1917)

Hitz and Mrs. (June 1, 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (September 25, 1928)

Dark Laughter (August 15, 1936, click for big)

“But Bootsie, at the meetin’ las’ night, they voted that there wasn’t gonna be no trouble on this boat ride.”

They'll Do It Every Time (March 13, 1941)

Patty-Jo ’n’ Ginger (August 24, 1946)

“I guess you realize you’re stealing my thunder in a scene like this!”

Dinky Fellas (October 6, 1964)

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Slammy posted:

And He Did. (July 14, 1917)

Was this guy just indiscriminately drinking poison or something?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

FrumpleOrz posted:

Was this guy just indiscriminately drinking poison or something?

Apparently it was believed in the late 19th / early 20th century that drinking too much cold water on a hot day could kill you.

and the cure was opium.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Parahexavoctal posted:

Apparently it was believed in the late 19th / early 20th century that drinking too much cold water on a hot day could kill you.

and the cure was opium.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Der Shovel posted:

Here's the really hosed up thing: the two pictures are not 100% identical, although some parts like the face are. Is he just painting over his original painting of some 50s pin-up or just drawing from the same pin-up every time?

https://i.imgur.com/Hx6dNxM.mp4

e: now slower

I can't be certain, and I don't have an exact source, but for a number of reasons I suspect Allen may actually be working from collection of pulp fiction covers.

curtadams
Mar 24, 2019

Parahexavoctal posted:

My mother, born in the 1930's, would recite a doggerel poem to that effect:

quote:

Many a man both old and young has gone to his sarcophagus
By pouring drinks made icy cold down his hot esophagus

She might have partially believed it; she really would tell me not to chug really cold drinks when I was hot. OTOH she didn't panic when I did so maybe she just thought it was an amusing little poem.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

in this installment of The Timid Soul, gently caress you, Caspar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fellow_traveller

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: I like to imagine the music Corto's hearing is on a theremin, or Oh, FANTASTIC, now Ubisoft (of sex pest infamy) is going to make ANOTHER assassin's creed game, or Now that we've solved the mystery of these templar symbols, reality remembers how dense human bodies are

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 2/13/54

Mopsy 3/2/43

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zelda

Pondus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Your son is a mid-level manager at a multinational corporation who offers nothing to the world; he achieved this position so early in life by knowing the right person. When he's not making things difficult for the people who actually do the work in his organization, he just sits at a table and nods his head

Verdict: Death by Guillotine