Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I am legitimately surprised that the food in number 10 isn't just paid for with public taxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

therattle posted:

Although he wasn't actually calling for schools to be unconditionally opened - the nuance has always been "make it safe for schools to be open". But as Lenin says, that nuance is probably lost in an article like that and certainly does not appear in the headline.

No if, no buts, no equivocations

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

absolutely one of the top ten tweets of all time

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Communist Thoughts posted:

He's 10 years younger than my parents??? Holy poo poo bojo looks like total poo poo

Noticeably more like poo poo than a few months ago (I have a feeling that would have been the case regardless of getting sick)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROVPbJH-3Qg

(sorry for it being RT, couldn't find the clip I wanted elsewhere)

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

i hope bojo actually got the rona and is still suffering from its after effects

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Captain Splendid posted:

Noticeably more like poo poo than a few months ago (I have a feeling that would have been the case regardless of getting sick)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROVPbJH-3Qg

(sorry for it being RT, couldn't find the clip I wanted elsewhere)

hey at least it aint the beeb

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

redleader posted:

i hope bojo actually got the rona and is still suffering from its after effects

He definitely did and between suddenly having a job he actually has to do something and that I'm glad he's miserable

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

He's 10 years younger than my parents??? Holy poo poo bojo looks like total poo poo

Nigel Farage is younger than Brad Pitt

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

holy poo poo I think I'm gonna toss my cigs in the trash

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MikeCrotch posted:

this news is extremely disquieting

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

MikeCrotch posted:

:barf:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the worst politicians seem to age rapidly then never die.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's the inbreeding that does it.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i believe that Roald Dahl had some thoughts on the matter

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
the virgin mary was traditionally depicted as being young and beautiful because she was morally beautiful and close to god. this has nothing to do with our prime minister looking like a microwaved blobfish

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gonadic io posted:

i believe that Roald Dahl had some thoughts on the matter

interested in this

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

i say swears online posted:

interested in this

I was referencing:

"The Twits (Roald Dahl) posted:

If a person has ugly thoughts, it begins to show on the face. And when that person has ugly thoughts every day, every week, every year, the face gets uglier and uglier until it gets so ugly you can hardly bear to look at it.

A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly. You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/1307603369780015104?s=20

Very powerful leader

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Are all Anglophone countries neoliberal cesspits that continuously purge leftist leaders and replace them with watered down liberal nebbishes?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Maximo Roboto posted:

Are all Anglophone countries neoliberal cesspits that continuously purge leftist leaders and replace them with watered down liberal nebbishes?

look into your heart and you will find the answer there

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

demon-crackersphere

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Ireland seems to be alright

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Maximo Roboto posted:

Ireland seems to be alright

LOL

no

also Ireland's first official language is Irish :nono:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Maximo Roboto posted:

Calling Starmer 'watered down' from Corbyn is still giving him far, far too much credit

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

multijoe posted:

Calling Starmer 'watered down' from Corbyn is still giving him far, far too much credit

homeopathic corbyn

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Maximo Roboto posted:

I think that's mostly a feature of First Past the Post electoral systems, to be honest. Europe on the whole isn't faring much better, but instead of having to be purged, the actual leftists can be in a minority party that gets 10% of the vote on a good year.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

multijoe posted:

in what way are they similar lol, they're complete opposites in looks, temperment and ideology

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

i say swears online posted:

in what way are they similar lol, they're complete opposites in looks, temperment and ideology

And one of them might be electable and one of them wasn’t! :haw:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

argh

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
he is so electable that he has yet to lead the Tories in any poll ever

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

he is so electable that he has yet to lead the Tories in any poll ever

Ah but you see it's going to take time for public opinion to recover from the catastrophic self-sabotage the Labour Right had to do to prove Corbyn was unelectable, they stopped that Kier has even come within 7 points of Johnson in outlier polls!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Local and mayoral elections next year ate going to be interesting, especially as Sadiq Khan wants to be given control of rent caps in London while Thangam Debbonaire won't even discuss rent caps or anything vaguely progressive regarding housing

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Thangam Debbonaire

i googled this to see if you made it up

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think that's mostly a feature of First Past the Post electoral systems, to be honest. Europe on the whole isn't faring much better, but instead of having to be purged, the actual leftists can be in a minority party that gets 10% of the vote on a good year.

This is correct, until electoral reform is achieved, we will only ever have a center-right to far right party in government in the UK. Electoral reform will only be achieved when the party currently in government want to make itself weaker.

LOL

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
https://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

quote:

YouGov’s latest poll for the Times has topline voting intention figures of CON 40%, LAB 40%, LDEM 6%, GRN 5% – the first time that the Conservatives have lost their lead in a YouGov poll since Boris Johnson became leader. Opinium also put out a poll showing the parties neck-and-neck at the end of August, though there most recent poll has the Conservatives ahead again. Other recent polls have also showed a narrowing – Redfield & Wilton had 2 point Tory lead this week, Survation 2 points and NCPolitics 4 points earlier in September.

This is interesting:

quote:

There is also still a lack of confidence in the Labour party – while Starmer is seen as a potential Prime Minister, people still appear to have very little idea what he stands for (the YouGov poll today contained questions asking what issues people cared about the most, and what issues people think the Labour party and Keir Starmer himself cared about. The latter returned an overwhelming Don’t know)

So far KS has been content to sit back and criticise government gently caress-ups, of which there have been many, which reduces the need to spell out his own positions. It can’t carry on like that forever though.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

therattle posted:

https://ukpollingreport.co.uk/

This is interesting:

So far KS has been content to sit back and criticise government gently caress-ups, of which there have been many, which reduces the need to spell out his own positions. It can’t carry on like that forever though.

It's honestly astonishing that the one thing Starmer is carrying on from the Corbyn leadership is fence-sitting as an electoral gambit

cause that went really well for us

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
he should be 20 points ahead

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

he should be 20 points ahead

Worst government in living memory, mishandling a historic crisis etc etc

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Did Starmer ever openly work for the tories?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Why am I reading stories about Boris swanning off to Perugia to meet with Lebvedev (owner of several British papers and ex KGB)?