Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the nonlethal shotgun was easily my favorite weapon to clear mules out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

3080 launch aside for a second, the 3070 apparently comfortably outperforms the current 11GB 2080 TI...

...at less than half the price :stare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Microsoft bought Bethesda

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-microsoft-7-5-billion-dollar-purchase-bethesda-parent-company-zenimax-big-deal-for-xbox/

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

3080 launch aside for a second, the 3070 apparently comfortably outperforms the current 11GB 2080 TI...

...at less than half the price :stare:

Awesome, I wish I could actually buy one.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

I hope Todd Howard is thrown from a building

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Maybe we can get a fallout game that isn't garbage now.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

or an elder scrolls game that isn't garbage

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dear Microsoft,

Please greenlight Alpha Protocol 2.

Kind Regards,

TF

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Dear Microsoft,

Please greenlight Alpha Protocol 2.

Kind Regards,

TF
Holy poo poo, yes, please

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PookBear posted:

or an elder scrolls game that isn't garbage

Good luck.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The fact that you can piss all over the place including on knocked out MULEs in Death Stranding is amusing to me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

orange juche posted:

The fact that you can piss all over the place including on knocked out MULEs in Death Stranding is amusing to me.

Ghosties do not like to be pissed on, btw.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamnit just put death stranding on xbox and charge me like, $5 extra. This platform exclusivity poo poo is getting so loving old.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It’s on PC now, too!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Goddamnit just put death stranding on xbox and charge me like, $5 extra. This platform exclusivity poo poo is getting so loving old.

sony paid for it, you guys get elder scrolls doom and falout now

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ugh. Fallout.

What a goddamn shame that I've grown to resent even seeing 76 in my games library.

I keep seeing you guys say MULEs and it reminds me of old school M.U.L.E. and now I have the desire to see if it's a phone game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

one of the best game themes ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ByRXZCg9k

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Death Stranding is a great game to play right now and it's themes are especially relevant to today's America. It's also very optimistic despite it's apocalyptic setting.

I also have no problem taking all of the Kojima weirdness at face value with no problem though.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.
I feel like the best combo going forward is going to be PC w/ xbox gamepass (plus steam for some indyshit and gog/epic/humblebundle for sales) and a PS5.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Or just get the Series X and the diskless PS5 which is what I'm going to end up doing eventually.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TCD posted:

I feel like the best combo going forward is going to be PC w/ xbox gamepass (plus steam for some indyshit and gog/epic/humblebundle for sales) and a PS5.

That's what I'm doing. Any Xbox must have games are gonna be on Gamepass or PC as well, and while Sony is getting better at sharing their titles with the PC market, I don't see Gran Turismo coming out for PC any time soon.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im good with Steam and Switch to be honest, now that kojima and fighting games are on pc now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gaming as a service feels weird to me

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

Or just get the Series X and the diskless PS5 which is what I'm going to end up doing eventually.

There's enough games like Tarkov, DCS, IL-2, etc. that are PC exclusive that make a PC mandatory for me. But now that MS is pushing a PC version of gamepass, there really isn't a reason for me to get an Xbox and PS now.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I feel like there's a business opportunity there for someone to cater to ultra-wealthy people who crave simplicity by throwing all these game systems in one case

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

GD_American posted:

I feel like there's a business opportunity there for someone to cater to ultra-wealthy people who crave simplicity by throwing all these game systems in one case

Like a full size EATX type case with an internal KVM that switches between a PC, Xbox X and PS5?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

TCD posted:

Like a full size EATX type case with an internal KVM that switches between a PC, Xbox X and PS5?

I recognize some of those words

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

theyd rather glitz up each individual console with led's and poo poo rather than hide

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh hey

https://twitter.com/Jawmuncher/status/1307857200166076416

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Unless they fix a lot of the glaring issues with mass effect 1 and 2(they won't) I'd have a hard time recommending it.

3 is simply a container for the multiplayer mode, so I don't pay any attention to single player issues

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Its gonna be the A Lot of Textures pack integrated into the game lmao

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Its gonna be the A Lot of Textures pack integrated into the game lmao

With extra bloom and HDR LIGHTING™

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

On the other hand, if it means additional multi-player content...

I can't stress enough just how loving good the me3 multi was.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if that is real thats a big deal for EA imo

if they put The Sims on switch they would print money

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

On the other hand, if it means additional multi-player content...

I can't stress enough just how loving good the me3 multi was.

They're gonna delete mp from me3 lol

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hahahaha

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I've never played Mass Effect. Is it worth jumping into a whole collection?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Depends. Do you like space magic?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There was some reddit dude floating around a while back who is supposedly a beta tester for the mass effect trilogy remaster and apparently it is extensive.

Probably worth it for the combat update for 1 and getting rid of the aimlessly wandering around planets in the mako for minerals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

not caring here posted:

There was some reddit dude floating around a while back who is supposedly a beta tester for the mass effect trilogy remaster and apparently it is extensive.

Probably worth it for the combat update for 1 and getting rid of the aimlessly wandering around planets in the mako for minerals.

For real, I'd get it for that alone. The combat in 1 was ok at the time, but massively clunky compared to the revamped system in 2 and 3.