Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Managed to get a confirmed order through the MS site but it was a fight the entire way. If it's hanging up on processing stuff like your address and payment info, then just let it load. It'll eventually come through and if you have the box in your cart, it's apparently held for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

I said come in! posted:

Amazon is whatever, but i'm legit surprised at Best Buy dropping the ball on this. For a company that is barely able to stay afloat now, this is not a good time to screw up on one of the biggest pre-orders of the year.
Gamestop has both my orders as "Awaiting product availability" because I ordered from two different browsers and both got through, but I'm expecting both to get canceled since they both went to the same PayPal account and I haven't been charged for either yet.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
My dog will wake up in a few minutes and need me to walk him, so I'm sure the moment I step outside Amazon will finally list the Series X.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I had the Series X in my cart at Gamestop and made it all the way through to the "Purchase Now" button, but when I clicked it, it was suddenly out of stock.

Thankfully my pre-order direct from Microsoft went through.

Edit: I'm surprised that Amazon STILL doesn't have pre-orders available 40 minutes later.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Sep 22, 2020

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
This whole thing has been such a goat-gently caress. Don't know what I could have done differently other than be more lucky? I was logged in to Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon, and Microsoft with my pay and account details ready to go the second the flood gates supposedly opened. Came out completely empty handed.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Wizard Whateley posted:

This whole thing has been such a goat-gently caress. Don't know what I could have done differently other than be more lucky? I was logged in to Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Amazon, and Microsoft with my pay and account details ready to go the second the flood gates supposedly opened. Came out completely empty handed.

Yea. This is dumb. But, it's cheaper to let the site crash and piss people off for a few days than it is to supply the bandwidth to keep up with demand.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

This has been my exact experience. I even got to the point of entering payment information after like half an hour of the website making GBS threads itself, and now apparently it's out of stock :(

How do you know Target is out of stock? They still have the preorder button up. Not that it works... but they haven't gave me any indication of being out of stock.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I got to the purchase button on Microsoft within 10 minutes but then it started saying to try again each time i pressed it, then it didn't like my credit card, then it rejected my shipping address. It's sold out now.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

The Grey posted:

How do you know Target is out of stock? They still have the preorder button up. Not that it works... but they haven't gave me any indication of being out of stock.

I'm pretty sure that means that their backend knows it's out of stock and won't make the order.

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

I am a bootlicking scab who loves seeing people be paid less than living wages. If the workers don't like it they should just kill themselves. Let me know who is organizing so I can report them to management. I pine for the days of the Pinkertons.
The closest I got was the Microsoft store. I got to the "review your order" after check out and it just shat itself and crashed. :0

I'm bummed out, but not like livid or anything. Though hoping it'll be possible to get the system by early 2021 for someone that is proactive about getting one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No in hindsight embarassing yet valuable to collectors day one achievement?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Thom12255 posted:

I'm pretty sure that means that their backend knows it's out of stock and won't make the order.

You could be right. I just checked their PS5 page and it looks the exact same.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Thom12255 posted:

I managed to snag a PS5 from Target way after they sold out initially.

If you can manage to add it to cart (even if you get booted for out of stock) they will save it as an "awww you missed it!" item in your cart with another add to cart button by it. This stays there *even after the add to cart button goes away from the main page*.

So I kept trying all throughout the day and finally at like 7 or 8 pm that night I got an order to go through.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Happy Hedonist posted:

The MS store seems to slowly be getting more responsive. I was able to grab a series x.
yeah, it suddenly started working for me, too. keep trying if you still haven't gotten one

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Amazon getting ready to go live - direct page is up at Amazon Smile (have to select a charity): https://smile.amazon.com/Xbox-X/dp/B08H75RTZ8/

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Now searching for “series X” doesn’t give a result for the console anymore on amazon.

So even having a “set” time to preorder didn’t really mitigate the hassle of trying to get any of these consoles. :downsgun:

Edit:now it’s back

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Crafty posted:

Because of COVID? Or just because it's antiquated? Put a mask on and don't lick anything, I'm sure you'll be fine.

a mask isnt a magic spell, it just reduces the chance slightly. a console is not worth exposing urself or the workers thank you

chinesemethdragon
Sep 6, 2009
Yeah just got a purchase confirmation through Microsoft. I went through both the Xbox checkout and the Microsoft site, the former had been working quicker. Still condensed to one order luckily

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

chinesemethdragon posted:

Yeah just got a purchase confirmation through Microsoft. I went through both the Xbox checkout and the Microsoft site, the former had been working quicker. Still condensed to one order luckily

I just tried the Microsoft site and it says out of stock now.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Amazon link

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B08H75RTZ8/?colid=125FO7IWIDGQ1&coliid=IAZBF9366LOBS&ref_=lv_ov_lig_uan_ol

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Got one through Amazon!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Amazon is live, go go go

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Got an amazon one

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

VanillaGorilla posted:

Amazon getting ready to go live - direct page is up at Amazon Smile (have to select a charity): https://smile.amazon.com/Xbox-X/dp/B08H75RTZ8/

gently caress yes it went through

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Finally.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Thanks for that link, VanillaGorilla. I managed to get one too and it's still not showing up on the other pages I had been refreshing.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Got it on Amazon, nice.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Thanks for the smile link. It worked. Something awful goons did it again for me.:carol:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Fitbit had my BMR at 130 for the past hour, video games are serious business.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Amazon finally loaded and pre-ordered. Now to find out I won't get the loving thing until January anyway.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Got one on Amazon through my phone app, just searched for xbox series x. none of the web links anywhere worked for me

Wizard Whateley
Apr 12, 2002

Sweet, yeah. Amazon finally stopped farting around and had a smooth transaction.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ooh god I actually god the Series X pre-ordered on Amazon lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
insane to me to buy any console sight unseen at launch lol

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
About ready to give up. Haven't gotten anywhere on any of the all access options.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They only had 12 total xboxs for sale today cause phil wants you to buy a pc

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
Screwed around on Targets site for around 30 min then that amazon smile link worked - preorder done in less than a minute. Thanks goons

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Looks like Amazon lasted about a minute and is sold out now too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

About ready to give up. Haven't gotten anywhere on any of the all access options.

Can you pre-order from here https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H75RTZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 still available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Got one through MS site after 25~ min of waiting for stuff to load, refreshing, reloading again. But hey at least it went through. Also got one off Amazon in case of credit card issues, that one was super easy and instant.

And I already see preorders up on ebay selling for 1k, who the hell buys it like that when preorders are still ongoing.