Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

That's incredible. The shot of the crew with the pilot just lying on the ground is hilarious. My inner kid is a little jealous of how many wheels you shoved in there!

I had a really crappy situation at work this week and today I took some time to just sit and work on another spaceship and it was very therapeutic. Thanks, you nerds, for motivating me to start building again. It's been very good for me. You're good people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Gravity Falls makes the 10,000 mark. it’s already the 3rd one for the 3rd review period 2020.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Gravity Falls makes the 10,000 mark. it’s already the 3rd one for the 3rd review period 2020.

I would buy this in an heartbeat but didn't the license already get rejected once?

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Waltzing Along posted:

The long lost, unreleased, time cruisers set.

If this had been a Time Cruisers set, the line would be remembered as one of Lego’s best.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...

drgitlin posted:

Not really, they’re not limited enough.

Apparently they're limited enough that I didn't get selected in the purchase lottery.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
They're like the jorts of shoes.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

The_Doctor posted:

I'm usually not one to be bothered enough by details like this, but in this case it really bugs me how the S that falls off the sign is 3D, while the rest of the sign is a sticker. I hope they change that (to make all letters brick built I guess, at least the red ones) if they do pick it up.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Here's one last shot of science gone too far:

Immortan Joe would be proud.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chris Knight posted:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

PriorMarcus posted:

I would buy this in an heartbeat but didn't the license already get rejected once?

Back 5 years ago in 2019, yeah. They did a weird thing that took it off the review, which made people assume they were going to make of their own.

Lego posted:

Dear Figura,

First, thank you for building and submitting your very well done Gravity Falls Mystery Shack .

Regretfully, we have chosen to archive your project and no longer consider it for production for reasons communicated to you privately. Your project will remain visible on LEGO Ideas, but in a status where it can no longer be supported or commented on. This way fans can still admire your creation.

We're sorry to be the bearers of this disappointing news!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I always love the random embossed bits from cars Joe pastes all over his codpiece. Mad Max is the best setting.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Back 5 years ago in 2019, yeah. They did a weird thing that took it off the review, which made people assume they were going to make of their own.

Huh, that's right I recall that now. There were even credible rumours of Brickheadz until that theme kind of died a death.

I get the impression that Disney has kind of a love / hate relationship with Gravity Falls and doesn't really know what to do with it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Disney is pissed off that it is over and can't milk it any more so threw it in the dumpster.

Shows need to end.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Zefiel posted:

I'm usually not one to be bothered enough by details like this, but in this case it really bugs me how the S that falls off the sign is 3D, while the rest of the sign is a sticker. I hope they change that (to make all letters brick built I guess, at least the red ones) if they do pick it up.
Good point. Another way to do it would be to brick-build some negative space where the S used to be, and keep the rest of the letters - "HACK" - as a sticker.

- Someone who's never watched this and has no idea if this would look proper in context or not

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

veni veni veni posted:

It’s delightfully gratuitous.

Thanks! I think that's probably the best that can be said for it.

Literally A Person posted:

This is exactly the words. I love it.

I am irrationally proud of this stupid thing though, must be all the wheels.

Oxyclean posted:

The more wheels = more betterer design school.

I think it has 65 wheels!

Waltzing Along posted:

The long lost, unreleased, time cruisers set.

I had to look these up on Bricklink. They're uh, something. I do sort of like the Flying Time Vessel, and I love the idea of the Mystic Mountain Time lab, although I'm not crazy about the execution.

Zonko_T.M. posted:

That's incredible. The shot of the crew with the pilot just lying on the ground is hilarious. My inner kid is a little jealous of how many wheels you shoved in there!

I had a really crappy situation at work this week and today I took some time to just sit and work on another spaceship and it was very therapeutic. Thanks, you nerds, for motivating me to start building again. It's been very good for me. You're good people.

I've kind of been the same the past few weeks. I originally got out the parts I had at home with intention of trying to complete and sell the Indiana Jones sets, but I'd been looking at the Space Racers here and decided I'd build a spaceship instead, and I've felt some bit better ever since.

Time Cowboy posted:

If this had been a Time Cruisers set, the line would be remembered as one of Lego’s best.

I feel like Time Cruisers is due for a remake with some effort, and maybe more ancient aliens.

Chris Knight posted:

Thanks!

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Looking at Time Cruisers makes me wonder - why has there never been a Lego Ideas submission for the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

I'm not good enough do build it myself, nor do I have the parts (and I haven't tried Studio yet), but someone ought to do that. It's obviously a 3-in-1 set with alternate builds for car, plane, and boat modes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Looking at Time Cruisers makes me wonder - why has there never been a Lego Ideas submission for the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?

I'm not good enough do build it myself, nor do I have the parts (and I haven't tried Studio yet), but someone ought to do that. It's obviously a 3-in-1 set with alternate builds for car, plane, and boat modes.

There was one, and it was pretty decent imo.

E: it’s currently in review

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/6dcb8c4f-268a-4a69-ba80-dd8efd5006b7

BAGS FLY AT NOON fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 26, 2020

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Wow, that's amazing! I hope it gets approved.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Thanks! I think that's probably the best that can be said for it.

I am irrationally proud of this stupid thing though, must be all the wheels.

I think it has 65 wheels!

I had to look these up on Bricklink. They're uh, something. I do sort of like the Flying Time Vessel, and I love the idea of the Mystic Mountain Time lab, although I'm not crazy about the execution.

I've kind of been the same the past few weeks. I originally got out the parts I had at home with intention of trying to complete and sell the Indiana Jones sets, but I'd been looking at the Space Racers here and decided I'd build a spaceship instead, and I've felt some bit better ever since.

I feel like Time Cruisers is due for a remake with some effort, and maybe more ancient aliens.

Thanks!

Great ship, love it!

Speaking of the flying time vessel I have the ship’s hull and Dr Cyber left over from one of my bulk buys. If you want to have it to build some other magnificent conglomeration I send it your way.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wow, the interior upholstery is very nicely done

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Uh, mods?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Handy's would be quite something.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Please don't doxx my family.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

sigher posted:

Since I'm a total shitstain and completely forgot I offered these pieces up I apologize for not replying to you guys; I saw the container and was like "Uhh... didn't I try to get rid of this?"

I was going to just send it off to the first person that replied but since deoju wants to pay it forward (deoju still has first dibs if they still want it) it's up to tomapot if they want it and if not, I'll send it to Literally A Person. Sorry again for the delay!

Got a delivery today and I'm like "who the hell is this" then I shook the package :-) Thanks for the goodies!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Just read a review of the Bowser's Castle set and while I couldn't give a fuuuuuuck about this theme, they can keep making this crap as long as they want if it means we get new pieces and pieces in new colours with such frequency. 3x3 round tiles, rounded edged squares and rectangles, awesome new curved plates and (finally!) those 1x2 sloped tiles with the angle cutout in light tan! I've got another 2k+ piece moc that couldn't go any further until those got released.

So thank you, electric duplo turdman. I hope it sells like crazy.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

So how frequently does Lego release new sets? Should we expect another batch of new stuff before Christmas?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lizard Combatant posted:

electric duplo turdman

:mods:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Bricklink is frustrating with its insistence on selecting the most expensive of any piece for sale. I really dislike having to set a maximum price on each and every piece I'm buying to avoid $10 bricks. Also if I specify that I need 4 of something I don't need a seller showing up that will not sell me increments of less than 100.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What? You can sort by price. It’s the first thing I do whenever I go to Bricklink.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, you can do all sorts of stuff to get the price(s) you want.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Prophet of Nixon posted:

So how frequently does Lego release new sets? Should we expect another batch of new stuff before Christmas?

A few big sets are still to come out this year, like the Batwing and the rereleases of the Saturn V and the Ship in a Bottle.

There are leaks for City, Ninjago, Star Wars and DC but those are for 2021.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm building Assembly Square in Studio and there's a Lego croissant! :3:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Bricklink is frustrating with its insistence on selecting the most expensive of any piece for sale. I really dislike having to set a maximum price on each and every piece I'm buying to avoid $10 bricks. Also if I specify that I need 4 of something I don't need a seller showing up that will not sell me increments of less than 100.
I'm referring to Auto-buy which should be obvious

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

I'm also starting a funk band with this name.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Dick Trauma posted:

If you love croissants, the town hall modular uses them as part of the crest above the entrance

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I hope Lego gets them back in stock soon. I'm nearly finished the Downtown Diner, been a lot of fun to build.

Were you the one that did the diner in Studio? I can't blame someone for being annoyed with the spiral staircase, building the real thing it took me a moment to understand what to do. I checked out studio briefly and I could see how fiddly that could get to do in there...

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Getting anything circular or with loose hinges to line up in Studio is a pain in the arse.

Ask me about trying to get a 19 sided circle to connect until I worked out the math.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am looking to pick up the beetle before it goes away, do you guys think I can wait until December for a chance at 2x points or grabbing an interesting freebie or do I need to be vigilant because to may retire it before then? I can't remember exactly but I think ninjago city was suddenly gone mid december and I don't want to miss out again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's out of stock and listed as "hard to find" on the website. Waiting for some hypothetical freebie is probably playing with fire at this point.

Although you probably have a decent it amount of time to get it around MSRP on Bricklink or Ebay or whatever.