Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

thrilla in vanilla posted:

last time on xmen

Welcome back to Worst Link’s Master Quest, Part Two.

When last we met, I was inside of a long and complicated shrine. I had been hit to death twice. Now I give you today’s trip report.

The next update will be longer, I could only play for about 30 minutes today. Only died three times to guardians so all in all not a bad day. Here is Links profile picture on his instagram

Thread vote: which direction should I go next from riverside stable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Left

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Always left :goleft:

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Pro move handling both balls but leaving the shaft untouched.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Cartoon Man posted:

Use every weapon in the order in which it was picked up. No tossing weapons at enemies.

Imagine accidentally picking up a deku leaf

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Same rule as running away from the toppling skyscraper/building/giant monster - never run directly away!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RickRogers posted:

Pro move handling both balls but leaving the shaft untouched.

:discourse:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Impa's got a crazy moveset going by the Tokyo Gameshow stream, she looks really fun

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkYzYWsRLks

sidon confirmed.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Came to post it. Story looks good, baby Sidon confirmed, tiny Guardian thing looks cute and Impa will be tagging along. GOTY.

Framerate, on the other hand...oof.

Edit: There's some gameplay livestreams floating around. Frame rate doesn't look so bad.

FooF fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 26, 2020

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/ZeldaUniverse/status/1309846360611528705

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Playable Impa confirmed

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1309875640443777026?s=21

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m simpa for Impa

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZB75gT8YTk

Impa gameplay at around the 12:00 mark. (All Japanese but I'm sure translations will be out soon)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m simpa for Impa

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Runcible Cat posted:

Same rule as running away from the toppling skyscraper/building/giant monster - never run directly away!

Tragically I thought Barf could make it around the corner of the building quickly enough to dodge the laser

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm predisposed-a for Urbosa

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I'm gee-golly for Revali.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Impa looks awesome

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Daruk is a very big biy

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this guy is a pro follow for translating japanese announcements

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1309842109688545280

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1309845546123763724

https://twitter.com/bk2128/status/1309848357498580993

etc

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

nrook posted:

A classic extra challenge is to refrain from fast traveling. Obviously this doesn't really make the game "harder" in a traditional sense, but it makes it immersive in a novel way.

No Fast travel is a very different experience.

Been doing one with Master Mode and one particularly memorable one involved the "Under a Red Moon" shrine.

See, I had marked it for later, but then a bit of time later the Blood Moon rose up in the night and I realized there was a problem.

The shrine is in Hyrule Ridge area. Where was I? Akkala. As far away from the shrine as possible.

Luckily, Blood Moons don't go into effect if you are in a shrine. So I dived into one before it could trigger. Once the time passed I exited, and I had a day or so to race across Hyrule to that shrine. It was rather intenses, rushing past on my horse as fast as possible. Not to mention that I had to stop several times to help people being attacked by monsters (What? You think a Hero's going to leave people? :colbert: ) I made it with an in game hour to spare, with the moon very red and visible in the sky.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is link wearing the armor his wife got him

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

oddium posted:

is link wearing the armor his wife got him

No, he's wearing the terrible Hylian armor set or his Champion tunic in all the video/screenshots we've seen.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

That raises an important question, will there be any way to fight through the enemy hordes in just your boxers?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FooF posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZB75gT8YTk

Impa gameplay at around the 12:00 mark. (All Japanese but I'm sure translations will be out soon)

loving sick

I’m so hype for this game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am extremely stoked to play as Impa, she looks fun as hell oh my god

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Only like 30 seconds in, but loving that they brought in shield surfing as a combo for Link.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I was still hesitating until today since I’ve never played any of the Warriors games, but poo poo, I’m sold. Pre-ordered and hyped!

Lil’ Sheikah BB-8 :3:

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 26, 2020

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
lol who owns a switch, is buying AoC and doesnt have a botw save on it.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol who owns a switch, is buying AoC and doesnt have a botw save on it.

That number is non-zero but laughably small. I mean, the attach rate for BotW to the Switch was literally 1:1 at launch.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

FooF posted:

That number is non-zero but laughably small. I mean, the attach rate for BotW to the Switch was literally 1:1 at launch.

Wasn't it greater than 1:1 at launch?

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

Wasn't it greater than 1:1 at launch?

Yeah, about a month after launch BotW had a 102% attach rate

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/04/15/wait-how-did-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-for-switch-outsell-the-switch-itself/#482915922111

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
It's kind of hard for me to believe that only about 30% of all Switch owners have BotW but I can understand why Mario Kart and Animal Crossings have higher sales. Still, if AoC sells even 1/5th as well as BotW, it would be top 15 all-time for the Switch. It's weird how top-heavy the Switch games are, it's like a bunch of 10 million+ sales games and then it nosedives to the 4M and 1M.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I know everyone's on about Hyrule Warriors right now but Cadence of Hyrule's new Symphony of the Mask DLC is brutally tough, at least so far. I haven't had to scour the internet for advice on a game quite as quickly as this one in some time.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Dr Pepper posted:

No Fast travel is a very different experience.

Been doing one with Master Mode and one particularly memorable one involved the "Under a Red Moon" shrine.

See, I had marked it for later, but then a bit of time later the Blood Moon rose up in the night and I realized there was a problem.

The shrine is in Hyrule Ridge area. Where was I? Akkala. As far away from the shrine as possible.

Luckily, Blood Moons don't go into effect if you are in a shrine. So I dived into one before it could trigger. Once the time passed I exited, and I had a day or so to race across Hyrule to that shrine. It was rather intenses, rushing past on my horse as fast as possible. Not to mention that I had to stop several times to help people being attacked by monsters (What? You think a Hero's going to leave people? :colbert: ) I made it with an in game hour to spare, with the moon very red and visible in the sky.

I was surprised to learn that you actually can trigger that shrine a short time *after* Midnight, even though the moon is no longer red, when I arrived slightly late and decided to try anyway.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

FooF posted:

It's kind of hard for me to believe that only about 30% of all Switch owners have BotW but I can understand why Mario Kart and Animal Crossings have higher sales. Still, if AoC sells even 1/5th as well as BotW, it would be top 15 all-time for the Switch. It's weird how top-heavy the Switch games are, it's like a bunch of 10 million+ sales games and then it nosedives to the 4M and 1M.

lmao how is the top selling non Nintendo game a tie between Mario+Rabbids and... Octopath Traveler

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

FooF posted:

It's kind of hard for me to believe that only about 30% of all Switch owners have BotW but I can understand why Mario Kart and Animal Crossings have higher sales.

Off-topic but fuckin' LOL that AC:NH probably only sold as well as it did 'cuz of the 'Rona

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

jisforjosh posted:

lmao how is the top selling non Nintendo game a tie between Mario+Rabbids and... Octopath Traveler

Those are both great games

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Off-topic but fuckin' LOL that AC:NH probably only sold as well as it did 'cuz of the 'Rona

As well as it did, yes, but it still would have sold well regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Thread vote: which direction should I go next from riverside stable

Left was the choice so left it was.

Worst Link’s Master Quest Part 3: Trouble at Bloodfart Swamp

Thread poll: go to meet Sidon or try and find way to kakariko to get moving towards getting the camera rune?