Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Red Bones posted:

Isn't her deal that she gained knowledge of everything but it drove her mad? I could see it ending up that she knows how the war is going to turn out, and she's acting based on the knowledge that Jagganoth's plan is terrible.

I mean, she's been telling people what is going to happen this whole time via prophecy. I think her showing up here suggests her brain is a bit fried but she's still a rational actor underneath that.

It might just be a dune-style prophecy trap where seeing time perfectly surrendered her free will and she's just following along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Kill Six Billion Demons: COME ON AND SLAM AND PRAISE THE GOD YISUN

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There's so much characterization in this single wordless panel.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I love Vigilant Gaze helping White Chain tie her cloth into a proper covering.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I really hope Vigilant sticks around as White Chain's supportive grandpa.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Motherfucker posted:

I appreciate that jagganoth is kinda hairy and dumpy. Like you can tell sol-dave waxes and poo poo and spends way too long and way too much money on aesthetics, Jagganoth's body is just loving strong and unkempt in any way that dosn't relate to killing people.

The classic body builder vs power lifter physique

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Someone edit Jagganoth's first line to "It's a girl."

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Tekne posted:

:perfect:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Tekne posted:

Along the same lines, from Reddit

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Side question.

How do we know Princess Jack Daniels is now a woman? Originally she was Vladok, old man ebon demon, but now she is buff fight lady. Is it ever addressed directly in the comic? Is it just her name change? She doesn't directly look feminine, but she does give the same sort of vibe WC did in her stone form where you get that intended gender feeling.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Donkringel posted:

Side question.

How do we know Princess Jack Daniels is now a woman? Originally she was Vladok, old man ebon demon, but now she is buff fight lady. Is it ever addressed directly in the comic? Is it just her name change? She doesn't directly look feminine, but she does give the same sort of vibe WC did in her stone form where you get that intended gender feeling.

Devils don't seem to really give much of a gently caress about gender identity.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Gender is fake

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i have nothing more incisive to offer regarding the last update beyond

oh shiiiiiiiit

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Donkringel posted:

Side question.

Each time they change their color, they may also change their gender. The-Devil-Formerly-Known-As-Vladok was turned into a girl by being turned back into a blue devil.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Yeah it's pretty great. He's wearing an asymmetrical breast plate and chose the side opposite his heart to cover.

Not exactly; in a fighting stance he'd be standing sideways with his right side towards his opponent. It's an attack-focused armour style that suggests he doesn't plan on letting anyone get behind him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Red Bones posted:

Isn't her deal that she gained knowledge of everything but it drove her mad? I could see it ending up that she knows how the war is going to turn out, and she's acting based on the knowledge that Jagganoth's plan is terrible.

I mean, she's been telling people what is going to happen this whole time via prophecy. I think her showing up here suggests her brain is a bit fried but she's still a rational actor underneath that.

On this line of thought, she teleported in facing not towards Solomon or even Allison, but where Jagganoth was going to arrive; for obvious reasons she can't turn herself without using more magic, meaning that since she arrived she's been in the same place, and in the latter half of this update she's now staring directly at the big guy, beside Solomon. At least on the surface, that suggests that her intention is to oppose Jagganoth alongside Solomon, though she could easily have some other plan here.

As for her thought process underneath everything, it's very hard to say. We know that she wants to die, but hasn't tried to self-destruct or throw herself into oblivion or whatever, and has been a part of the pact against Jagganoth's omnicidal ambitions for whatever reason. Given her omniscience, she presumably also knows what she's going to do before she does it, and the results it'll have, so I could see her being extremely fatalistic; she might well not actually have a plan because she's resigned herself to the future she's already seen, whatever it might be. (This could also be the reason for her general inaction otherwise, even more than her state of imprisonment; she "knows" there's no point to acting and that she's going to sit in that block until she dies, so she's doing just that. It also fits her being Sloth in the loose 7 Deadly Sins thing the demiurges have going on, being extremely powerful and knowing everything but completely surrendering any real thought or agency in favor of letting whatever fate has in store for her happen.)

If that is the case, then she may well be here because she knows that this is where she's finally going to die and is meeting it directly. Could also be part of why she showed up in time to warn Solomon and perhaps get Allison and co's attention a bit earlier so she had time to shield her friends (since she definitely knows the part in this they're going to play), but not soon enough for anything else to be done or anyone else to be saved.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Final book?

FINAL BOOK?!

I...I'm not ready for this :negative:

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Roland Jones posted:

If that is the case, then she may well be here because she knows that this is where she's finally going to die and is meeting it directly.
I was thinking something similar. Jagg's hammer looks purpose-built for shattering crystal blocks. From his perspective, removing someone who can foresee all his plans is a no-brainer. She has had long enough to write a Sheldon plan to guide the others through the crisis, so for her it's no betrayal to die now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jaggs is so extra he goes for that asymmetric dual wield.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Renaissance Robot posted:

Not exactly; in a fighting stance he'd be standing sideways with his right side towards his opponent. It's an attack-focused armour style that suggests he doesn't plan on letting anyone get behind him.

Oh neat. I'm glad it has an actual explanation.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Jaggs is so extra he goes for that asymmetric dual wield.

With at least five other melee weapons (and a very large bow) strapped to his back.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I like that Jagganoth's hammer isn't a generic fantasy hammer with cartoon proportions but an actual hammer, just ornamented & huge.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi
I’m asking for a friend who needs to know if the red god is wearing thongs or a jockstrap.
My friend says thanks in advance.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Hempuli posted:

I like that Jagganoth's hammer isn't a generic fantasy hammer with cartoon proportions but an actual hammer, just ornamented & huge.

I also really like that he had it strapped to his back in the panels prior, and as he's carrying an entire toolbag of weapons, it seems like he's pulled that out specifically in order to break up a big ol' block of ice.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Remember that Jagg's armor is just style points because he drove those metatron nails into his back to make himself invincible. I imagine whatever path they take to killing him has to involve getting those things out.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Dracula Factory posted:

Remember that Jagg's armor is just style points because he drove those metatron nails into his back to make himself invincible. I imagine whatever path they take to killing him has to involve getting those things out.

Book 5 is going to be just one long Shadow of the Colossus boss fight.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dracula Factory posted:

Too bad he didn't bring a claw hammer

Seizon
Oct 10, 2011

Jagganoth is such a badass oml

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

czg posted:

I’m asking for a friend who needs to know if the red god is wearing thongs or a jockstrap.

Hmm... dunno. I would think strap cause he's so active but it's entirely possible that it's some form of behemoth leather thong.

I suppose we're gonna find out at some point during the WAR

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Jag is the hardcore minmaxed pvper who keeps all his weapons equipped instead of in his inventory.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

czg posted:

I'm gonna place my money on a subligar

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I don't think we were ever supposed to be rooting for Jagganoth.

Killing everything and putting us all out of our misery is the morally right thing, these days.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Dracula Factory posted:

Given how it's gone so far they I wouldn't be surprised if defeating him doesn't involve killing him. They haven't killed any of the others yet, and if he's genuinely an intelligent person who's basically been fed false information by the angels to drive him to killing the universe, then there might be another way out.

(Although it'd be hilarious if it turns out Kill Six Billion Demons ends up with the same 'every enemy ever can be solved with empathy' as Steven Universe)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The Red God is making his moves.

If one of our number turn against the others, he must be cut down with all necessary force.

You think your new toy will be enough to stop me from finishing my work?

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 28, 2020

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Perhaps this:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

That's for the recap. I know now what this scene is missing.

It's missing Incubus sliding across the floor between the two sides and yelling "FOOD FIGHT!!!"

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Archenteron posted:

I'm gonna place my money on a subligar
Truly the most FFXIV of comics.

MikeJF posted:

Given how it's gone so far they I wouldn't be surprised if defeating him doesn't involve killing him. They haven't killed any of the others yet, and if he's genuinely an intelligent person who's basically been fed false information by the angels to drive him to killing the universe, then there might be another way out.

(Although it'd be hilarious if it turns out Kill Six Billion Demons ends up with the same 'every enemy ever can be solved with empathy' as Steven Universe)
I don't think his invulnerability is really absolute when he's just using the extruded body parts of an angel Zoss beat up ages ago. There's probably someway to apply enough violence to hurt him, even if that isn't what Zoss wants or what Allison is inclined to.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think 'an angel of Yisun' should be understood to mean 'a messenger of the unified God' as much as 'a heat-eater Aeon.'

Which is to say, while I don't doubt that the angel is what we'd call an angel, probably, I think that it's entirely possible Metatron (from whom the Name of God was taken) could grant literal physical invulnerability. But then again, it's not like there aren't ways to deal with invulnerable figures, and we know from the tumblr that Solomon David could fight him to a standstill - possibly not anymore, but at some point post-invulnerability.

Zoss could probably do something about him but Zoss also considers causality, and possibly linear time, as more of a suggestion than a hard rule, so Jagganoth can be literally and entirely invulnerable and Zoss could still have options.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The same way you shouldn't let death stop you from living, your opponents being invulnerable and immortal shouldn't stop you from killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

This makes me realize, rather than any of the gloomier interpretations I gave before, Jadis is probably here right now simply because of the Pact; Jagganoth is breaking it by finally attacking one of the other demiurges, so she's upholding her end of it and showed up the moment (or right before) he arrived, without any of the loophole abuse, procrastination, or holding back/sending her minions in her place one might expect from the other demiurges. Jagganoth is attacking Solomon, and they all have an agreement to work together and strike down any demiurge who attacks one of the others, and since she knows that it's happening (because she knows everything), now she's there to help Solomon kill Jagganoth or die trying. Simple as that.

Would also explain Solomon almost immediately understanding what her arrival meant; Jadis is only going to move for something serious, so her teleporting right to the center of his territory unannounced during a very public event, not even facing him (and thus presumably not there to fight him), can only mean one thing: The Pact is being invoked. And, as Solomon realized between panels five and six of the last update, if Jadis is here specifically, given that there's only one person who'd actually attack him, well...

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 28, 2020