Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Terrible Opinions posted:

This was more of less the point arrived at in the Chapo episode. The Biden bit was just a joke hypothetical. After which they dismissed the full coup type thing going through in favor of court fuckery ala 2000.

I forgot about the war games scenario until you said this so yeah now I remember and lol.

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

OwlFancier posted:

The belief that you are constantly under surveillance by a vast conspiracy of people in your life is usually indicative of some sort of mental disorder, yes.

Yes

And it miraculously clearing up as soon as someone else won is kinda lol

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

OwlFancier posted:

The belief that you are constantly under surveillance by a vast conspiracy of people in your life is usually indicative of some sort of mental disorder, yes.

Which is interesting because they attest to the mental illness ending when their president gets elected

So this is interesting psychologically because it means they see political figures as deities

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Schizophrenia is often times triggered by stress, even stress that comes from you being hideously racist.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Terrible Opinions posted:

stress that comes from you being hideously racist.

That's a thread title.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I scanned the freep threads about Trump's taxes and like 75% of the posts are outrage over how the NYT could have possibly gotten those records legally.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Scratch Monkey posted:

I scanned the freep threads about Trump's taxes and like 75% of the posts are outrage over how the NYT could have possibly gotten those records legally.

They will call it the next watergate LOL

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Freep seems to be studiously ignoring the taxes story. Here's somethings they're talking bout instead.

Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale, armed, barricades self in Fort Lauderdale home, police called [Baker Acted]

quote:

To: springwater13
Without wishing to sound like a conspiracy theory nut (well, okay... this sounds like a conspiracy theory nut) I wouldn’t be surprised if the leftists “gave him something” to make him go nuts. With that and the “Oh, we have your taxes now, how about that!” New York Times leak today, it seems they’re pulling out all the stops ahead of Biden stammering and staring blankly at the camera lens on the debate. Pull focus. Anything. It doesn’t matter.

12 posted on 9/27/2020, 7:16:21 PM by Pravious
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: sojc

How would the deep state operatives make him barricade himself in a house and concern his wife enough to make her call the police?

Software that can insert messages etc into computer files and e-mail without trace.

29 posted on 9/27/2020, 7:37:16 PM by spokeshave (White Confederate statue kills black man......Another month of protests.... (HT to seawolf101))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]
To: Pravious

quote:

To: spokeshave; sojc
Gangs are known to slip hallucinogens into a person’s drink.

35 posted on 9/27/2020, 7:40:02 PM by reasonisfaith (What are the implications if the Resurrection of Christ is a true event in history?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]
"Even if this is fake it should remind us that this is real!"

quote:

To: lovesdogs
While it’s true this might not have been a deep state hit, to consider the possibility doesn’t involve tinfoil or anything like it.

If nothing else, this is an opportunity to remind ourselves the deep state is real and that they actually do engage in crimes like poisoning their enemies.

And that they need to be brought to justice.

58 posted on 9/27/2020, 7:53:35 PM by reasonisfaith (What are the implications if the Resurrection of Christ is a true event in history?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Just lol at the idea of 2020 gangs dropping LSD into someone's drink like they're hippies trying to do a Freakout.

Also, I love this dude's tagline and that tone of argument from evangelicals - Yeah, well, what if it WAS true, what would that MEAN!?

What are the implications if Greek Mythology describes true events in history?

Like, what's the question supposed to even ask?

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 28, 2020

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Actually surprised freep hasn't claimed slapping your wife around is not a crime

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Finnankainen posted:

Freep seems to be studiously ignoring the taxes story. Here's somethings they're talking bout instead.

I really wish they weren't. But then, cognitive dissonance is a hell of an experience.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Captain Monkey posted:

Just lol at the idea of 2020 gangs dropping LSD into someone's drink like they're hippies trying to do a Freakout.

Also, I love this dude's tagline and that tone of argument from evangelicals - Yeah, well, what if it WAS true, what would that MEAN!?

What are the implications if Greek Mythology describes true events in history?

Like, what's the question supposed to even ask?

I don't suppose it would help to point out to them that LSD isn't terribly effective when ingested.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
NY Times Obtains Trump’s Tax Returns

quote:

To: janetjanet998
Hey NYSlimes - WE DON’T CARE!

120 posted on 9/27/2020, 6:37:29 PM by Gerish (Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death.)

quote:

They say he didn’t PAY any taxes, but how much was taken out of his salary?? At the end of the year I don’t pay anything, I get a refund every year, but I do PAY during the year with every paycheck. I think what the communists are looking at are his end of the year April 15th taxes. He is/was CEO of Trump enterprises so I assume he had himself on salary getting a paycheck every week or so. So you can say not only he was paying taxes with every paycheck, but so is every employee so this claim that his entire company paid no taxes is ludicrous.

304 posted on 9/28/2020, 10:20:16 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (As long as Hillary Clinton remains free equal justice under the law will never exist in the USA)

quote:

Big whoop. If there were anything in them, the corrupt IRS would have leaked them years ago.

5 posted on 9/27/2020, 5:45:51 PM by EvilCapitalist (Fill that seat!)

quote:

To: McGavin999
Bingo. He doesn’t take a salary. He donates every penny to charity. You don’t pay income tax without an income.

27 posted on 9/27/2020, 5:54:49 PM by TexasGurl24

quote:

To: wiseprince
That’s the reason for the timning.

And he won’t lose one single vote over it.

biden will mention it and Trump will destroy him with it.

How many people had jobs because of him.

They paid taxes.

They were “leaked’ so how can he confirm that they are true?

Does anyone in the country remember their taxes the last 20 years...and how many do them on their own?

Nonsense easily shot down.

30 posted on 9/27/2020, 5:55:51 PM by dp0622 (I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ABO UT THE COVID GODFATHER, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!)

quote:

I STILL do not see where it is legal for someone, anyone who can get another's tax records!! Just where in the Constitution does it say the NY Slimes, you or me has a RIGHT to see anyone's tax records? IT DOESN'T. It is some stinking federal judge, appointed by a marxist dimocrat president, that GAVE them that right. They have NO NEED to see his records. They have NO NEED to check them out. THE STINKING LEFTIST IRS had the records, and probably went over them with a series of fine toothed combs to check him out. How do they have any reason, right or reason, to have those records and print them in the local newspapers for anyone and everyone to read?? WHERE IS BIDEN'S RECORDS??? WHERE IS OBAMA'S RECORDS??? WHERE IN THE FREAKING HELL IS OBAMA'S BIRTH RECORDS??????????? Why the hell have we been DENIED by those same marxist appointed federal judges to hide his birth records?? Because he is a marxist dimocrat BORN IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, NOT AMERICA!!! Many of those same Marxist judges appointments would be illegal along with obammycare if it were proven he wasn't an American, that's why!!!
97 posted on 9/27/2020, 6:25:30 PM by RetiredArmy (Friends, are you prepared to meet the LORD? Do you KNOW Him? Time is running out.)

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego
AFAIK, there is no LEGAL way to obtain someone’s tax return.

My supposition is that the NY Slimes paid somebody at President Trump’s accounting firm to get this info.

Gotta be a lotta crimes committed in all this!

Paging the FR Legal Eagles!

36 posted on 9/27/2020, 5:56:55 PM by Taxman (MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, AGAIN!)
(no Freeper legal eagles show up)

quote:

To: dp0622
He shot it down in his Presser today. There bombshells have a lifespan of about 24hrs because Trump is out there daily taken questions and shooting this crap down

64 posted on 9/27/2020, 6:09:10 PM by wiseprince

quote:

To: caww
My liberal dad, who hates PT just told me that most people knew this already, and it won’t hurt PT.

199 posted on 9/27/2020, 7:38:15 PM by cowboyusa (America Cowboy Up)

Curious about what the broken story behind this Freeper having a living liberal dad he still talks to, when he makes comments like this:

quote:

Bomb the NY Times bulding.

79 posted on 9/27/2020, 6:15:27 PM by cowboyusa (America Cowboy Up)

quote:

Comment #74 Removed by Moderator

quote:

I wish all of these evil POS mediapukes would get doxxed!! They are evil and ARE THE ENEMY OF the American people!! THE SNAKE needs to be decapitated in order for the United States to survive!! 4chan???!!

16 posted on 9/27/2020, 5:50:32 PM by RoseofTexas

quote:

I DON’t give a RATS BUTT!! What was done here is criminal they illegally obtained Tax records...WHEN DO WE START DESTROYING THE MEDIAPUKES...WHEN?!!! DOXXED THE SOB’s! Hunt them down like filthy animals that they are!!! Enuff!!!

183 posted on 9/27/2020, 7:27:23 PM by RoseofTexas

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Freep: 4chan???!!

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Actually surprised freep hasn't claimed slapping your wife around is not a crime

just wait until lowtax gets an account

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

just wait until lowtax gets an account

"those drat communists stole my business from me" would probably get him in

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Warmachine posted:

"those drat communists stole my business from me" would probably get him in

gotta get in good with the chuds somehow knowing kiwifarms won't bite.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

From reading Freep/Twitter/etc I'm getting the feeling that a lot of chuds think that if they got a tax refund at the end of the year that means they didn't pay taxes.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Scratch Monkey posted:

From reading Freep/Twitter/etc I'm getting the feeling that a lot of chuds think that if they got a tax refund at the end of the year that means they didn't pay taxes.

yeah, they also think that trump is paying himself a salary

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Shaddak posted:

I don't suppose it would help to point out to them that LSD isn't terribly effective when ingested.

I mean you put it under your tongue then swallow the paper, and a sufficient dose (and you need almost none, 1mg of LSD is WAY TOO MUCH) could spread through a drink enough to 'dose' someone.

But yeah, logic isn't a thing here.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Barf Alert: How to Defeat Trump's Plan to Overturn the Election

Powder status: dry AF

quote:

To: Helicondelta
Trump has already won the election.
Any move to overthrow that is going to get bullets.

4 posted on 9/28/2020, 10:15:59 PM by kiryandil (Chris Wallace: Because someone has to drive the Clown Car)

quote:

To: PGalt
Trump will be far ahead on election night. Most Democrats will vote by mail.

The mailed ballots will be contested in every state. There will be court fights over signatures, dates, “naked ballots”, etc. Republicans better get ready to throw them all out and elect Trump via legislature.

6 posted on 9/28/2020, 10:21:19 PM by Helicondelta (Deplorable)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

The entire election needs to be nullified and started over with strict conditions in order to prevent rampant vote fraud. There is nothing legit about this election. Totally fake.

7 posted on 9/28/2020, 10:23:30 PM by Revel

quote:

To: Revel
Starting with the coronavirus. There can be no doubt now that this was a Democrat coordinated event for the expressed purpose of forcing most of the country to vote by mail!

10 posted on 9/28/2020, 10:30:21 PM by dowcaet
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

No we better get ready for a shooting war in which we will have to defend the nation from its destruction. Only bullets are going to stop the left.

18 posted on 9/29/2020, 12:21:23 AM by Abbeville Conservative
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Captain Monkey posted:

I mean you put it under your tongue then swallow the paper, and a sufficient dose (and you need almost none, 1mg of LSD is WAY TOO MUCH) could spread through a drink enough to 'dose' someone.

But yeah, logic isn't a thing here.

The CIA managed to murder one of their own employees with LSD-laced coffee, so it's at least possible.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 29, 2020

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
The powder is so dry now it`s about to waft away in the wind.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The CIA managed to murder one of their own employees with LSD-laced coffee, so it's at least possible.

Wait how the gently caress do you kill someone with LSD?

Also, freepers won’t, but 110% some chud wackadoos are going to start murdering if Trump loses after months and months of this “we can’t lose legitimately! Yooge voter fraud!” conditioning :(

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wait how the gently caress do you kill someone with LSD?

Also, freepers won’t, but 110% some chud wackadoos are going to start murdering if Trump loses after months and months of this “we can’t lose legitimately! Yooge voter fraud!” conditioning :(

If I remember correctly it wasn't the LSD that killed him. He was so confused and terrified because he didn't know he had been dosed that he jumped off a building.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

This is going to be an ugly election, RIP to the brave goons on the good side of history

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
For crying out loud, the most any of those geriatric Rascal-bound fucks will do is whine on Twitter a bunch, then flop back down on the couch and put on Duck Dynasty.

I'm not scared of them and none of you should be either.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm more worried about some under 25 dipshit like another Rittenhouse going on another murder spree. Freep doesn't worry me, but the children of Freepers and the alt right pipeline does.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Scratch Monkey posted:

If I remember correctly it wasn't the LSD that killed him. He was so confused and terrified because he didn't know he had been dosed that he jumped off a building.

Yeah he had preexisting suicidal ideation and depression and they unknowingly dosed his coffee with LSD to see what would happen. He had a series of nervous breakdowns over the next week and jumped out of a ten story window.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm more worried about some under 25 dipshit like another Rittenhouse going on another murder spree. Freep doesn't worry me, but the children of Freepers and the alt right pipeline does.

i am more worried about that and or a bunch of these assholes(young nazis or chud boomers) trying to shoot up a voting place/state office/etc.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Freepers claim every election they lose is illegitimate, it's been this way for years. Trump is just broadcasting what Republicans have thought for decades for the world to see.

The thing that worries me is that surprisingly freep is a reliable barometer for what the Trump administration thinks about a particular topic. Troll any news story to get their hot takes and chances are months down the line you'll see another story on how bat poo poo a response someone in the administration had that aligns with something JLGrayfox or AnnArchy posted.

Part of that is of course them parroting back what Trump says, while the rest is the result of decades of indoctrination. Trump has seeded that any loss is because of fraud and some freepers have taken that to the conclusion that they need to install him as a dictator. Not just freep of course, other extreme right wingers are saying the same thing.

Could you see them wanting to install McCain or Romney as a dictator during those election cycles? In fact if you find that share it! Given their current feelings on those two it would be hilarious.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
At this point don’t Donnie and freep largely get their news from the same sources

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
It's weird how freep used to be quite mainstream GOP in 2000, then drifted into the fringe over time, only for the actual GOP to start believing the prole feed and catch up with freep in their craziness 20 years later.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Hobnob posted:

It's weird how freep used to be quite mainstream GOP in 2000, then drifted into the fringe over time, only for the actual GOP to start believing the prole feed and catch up with freep in their craziness 20 years later.

I was too young to be around then, but weren't they pretty fringe way back in the 90's? Like, with the whole Patriot movement and being hardline anti-Clinton?

I'm pretty sure that 9/11 shocked most of them into flag-waving "support Republicans no matter what" lowercase-p patriots. Sure, they still hated gays and Muslims, but that was more-or-less accepted to voice in the Republican party in the Bush Jr. years.

Then a black president got elected twice and they jumped right back into conspiracy-land.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

The GOP has been on a collision course with crazy since they bear hugged the Tea Party after Obama was elected. 9/11 and the wars did not help either as it gave the collective Republican id (a creature of unbridled avarice and racism) an opportunity to range freely.

e;f;b?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Hobnob posted:

2016 proved that while Freep itself is on its last legs, Freeperism is alive an well and not even the craziest right-wing ideology running around now.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If I've learned anything from Rick Perlstein's books, Freepers have been around for a long time. It's more that in recent decades that they've managed to capture a wing of mass media and have become increasingly adept at exploiting every structural flaw in our poorly designed federal government in order to punch above their demographic weight.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

There's a Netflix documentary series from a few years ago about this called Wormwood. It was pretty good from what I remember.

The guy's name was Frank Olson. Jumped from a hotel window 9 days after getting dosed.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

empty baggie posted:

There's a Netflix documentary series from a few years ago about this called Wormwood. It was pretty good from what I remember.

The guy's name was Frank Olson. Jumped from a hotel window 9 days after getting dosed.

"jumped"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Mantis42 posted:

If I've learned anything from Rick Perlstein's books, Freepers have been around for a long time. It's more that in recent decades that they've managed to capture a wing of mass media and have become increasingly adept at exploiting every structural flaw in our poorly designed federal government in order to punch above their demographic weight.

I think a lot of fringe groups have been around for a long time, but the internet gives them a safe space to congregate. Sometimes this is good, like with LGBTQ+ people getting spaces to talk and vent and commiserate and deal, but it also gives white supremacists and other problematic ideologies places to congregate and feel safe and say hateful things, and not get judged for it. I think what's really dangerous about it is it often gives people tools to cover up what they feel or think and advice about effectively infiltrating groups like the cops.