Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Hell yeah Yuli's gonna be around for a couple of more years Astros fans:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30001958/houston-astros-yuli-gurriel-takes-pay-cut-7-million-stay-team

There's one of the bigger questions in the offseason answered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kirios posted:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30001958/houston-astros-yuli-gurriel-takes-pay-cut-7-million-stay-team

Well, one more year with an option. I’d rather they spend that money on Brantley tbch since the entire outfield is leaving next year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Still, first base is locked in now. With Kyle Tucker playing very well this year they probably figure that LF is locked in long term. I think Springer will be the priority in the offseason, unless they think Tucker can play right field.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
How are the Astros not the #8 seed :psyduck:

This format is stupid as all fuckin get out

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
So are the playoffs not on mlbtv this year? I uhh... missed that.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

So are the playoffs not on mlbtv this year? I uhh... missed that.

It's always blacked out, sucks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The fact that there were still blackouts this year when in-market fans couldn't even attend the loving games was asinine. gently caress MLB, gently caress broadcasting companies.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

i dropped the 60 bucks on youtube tv cause i don't have another option, and i'm pissed about it

the quality is good at least

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

k-spar posted:

i dropped the 60 bucks on youtube tv cause i don't have another option, and i'm pissed about it

Youtube TV is actually really good!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

k-spar posted:

Looks like none of them are on MLB Network so Hulu Live TV will be all I need :cool:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Popete posted:

It's always blacked out, sucks.

I think this is the first year in a while it’s been blacked out for Canada. I guess I’ll try a VPN

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

I think this is the first year in a while it’s been blacked out for Canada. I guess I’ll try a VPN

Is it cos Toronto is playing? Even when they make the playoffs, the Blue Jays disappoint Canadians :canada:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kirios posted:

Youtube TV is actually really good!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
But the Blue Jays are an American team??

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Bregor posted:

Is it cos Toronto is playing? Even when they make the playoffs, the Blue Jays disappoint Canadians :canada:

I don’t think so. You used to be able to watch the Jays anywhere in Canada with no blackout, but that changed this year because Sportsnet wanted people to buy their streaming service I guess.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Bregor posted:

No. Up until this year Sportsnet didn't exercise their right to blackout Jays games. This year they did.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was checking the OP for a stat and just realized Shane Bieber won the triple crown across the entire league, not just the AL.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I am rooting for Houston this one round because Cleveland can't beat the Twins at all and I'd like them to be out of the way in case Cleveland advances.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Shiroc posted:

I am rooting for Houston this one round because Cleveland can't beat the Twins at all and I'd like them to be out of the way in case Cleveland advances.
BIG monkey paw energy in this post

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

bawfuls posted:

BIG monkey paw energy in this post

I am a Cleveland sports fan. I live in a monkey paw house, sit in my monkey paw chair and drink from my monkey paw cup while I watch my games.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Not GDT

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Not GDT

Jay Johnstone died of Corona.

I'm just old enough to kinda sorta remember him as a player, but definitely old enough to know that Jay Johnstone had a kick rear end 1984 Fleer card.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Who do you think inherits that hat?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kirios posted:

Wasn't Yuli the guy who flipped off and yelled a racist slur at a pitcher a few years ago?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Timby posted:

Wasn't Yuli the guy who flipped off and yelled a racist slur at a pitcher a few years ago?

at darvish in the 2017 world series yeah

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Timby posted:

specifically he did the "slanted eyes" gesture after hitting a home run off of Darvish

and he got to serve his suspension the following year while injured anyway

great sport, well run all around

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 30, 2020

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Timby posted:

LOL, sounds like the Astros.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

absolute king Rich Hill took his sweet time on the mound when Gurriel stepped in so the fans could let him have it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfljwYtSvPI

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I donated to a Cleveland Indians charity drive and they sent me a mystery autographed baseball. I was prepared for someone from B string pile like Yu Chang or Adam Plutko but it ended up being Jose Ramirez. It will soften whatever happens this week.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The Blue Jays, to their credit, looked pretty legit today. They pitched well enough, and the offence looked threatening at times. Pity for them that Tampa (or at least Tampa’s pitching) looks just that much better.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

I don’t think so. You used to be able to watch the Jays anywhere in Canada with no blackout, but that changed this year because Sportsnet wanted people to buy their streaming service I guess.

As far as I can tell, there’s no way for someone in America to get the Sportsnet Streaming? I’d happily pay them for the post season if they’d take my money.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Framber Valdez being a legit pitcher is so confusing to me.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

He's a lefty with amazing stuff, not exactly a miracle.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He's a lefty with amazing stuff, not exactly a miracle.

It kinda is, given his extremely unpredictable control issues prior to this season.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

only one home team won today lol

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The one team most used to having an empty stadium to play in. We're cruising for an all Florida Series.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Shiroc posted:

The one team most used to having an empty stadium to play in. We're cruising for an all Florida Series.

Yup, Florida World Series!!!! Joining the Florida NHL champions, NBA champions and capped off by a superbowl in Florida won by a Florida team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kirios posted:

Yay raicsm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/mosley_mark/status/1311297569822142468