Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Just Chamber posted:

No politician in the US will ever say "all cops are bad", grow up and dont be shocked by this

literally not a single person expects that. The point is that he should be vocal about supporting BLM, should be vocal about prosecuting murdering cops, and should be vocal about community control. These are weak-rear end moves that aren't near enough, but they're still GOOD things that even lovely centrists will support. But he can't even go that far, he literally talked about wanting to give more money to cops, and "bad apples". It's loving pathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Just Chamber posted:

No politician in the US will ever say "all cops are bad", grow up and dont be shocked by this

Pretty much yeah.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Jesus come on, the white supremacist callout was such a huge opening to stick a knife in.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

The Velvet Witch posted:

Why don't they just cut his loving mic, he's been talking literally non loving stop since the camera's started rolling. People only think Trump is winning because he's talking nonstop mad poo poo and this is what Americans think is entertaining, their political process turning into a loving entertainment because 94% of the poo poo Trump does only harms minorities so it doesn't matter to them.

I wonder if Trump would walk off stage of his mic was cut

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God, Trump looks super gross and sweaty compared to Biden right now. Holy poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think trump is convincing anyone who wasnt going to already vote for him and anyone who hates trump is probably loathing him right now

so in summary this is a waste of an hour and a half of our lives

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grouchio posted:

Who Biden?

Trump.

Both Wallace and Biden actually tag-teamed Trump shouting,"Say it! Say white supremacists need to stop!" and Trump froze, said nothing, asked them to name a specific group, got told white supremacists in general but hell, Proud Boys specifically, and Trump said,"Sure I'd say stand do.. stand by..... but somebody needs to do something about the left!"

Adoomsdaygap
Apr 20, 2013
This is the guy you went with? Jesus loving Christ

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Gee, Trump, why do you think there were so many judicial openings?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wallace: will you come out and denounce white supremacy?

Trump, literally: ...Line?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Taffer posted:

literally not a single person expects that. The point is that he should be vocal about supporting BLM, should be vocal about prosecuting murdering cops, and should be vocal about community control. These are weak-rear end moves that aren't near enough, but they're still GOOD things that even lovely centrists will support. But he can't even go that far, he literally talked about wanting to give more money to cops, and "bad apples". It's loving pathetic.

Wait are you telling me the man who authored the crime bill that has ruined more black and brown lives than Trump could ever loving hope to ruin is... bad on criminal justice issues? :thunk:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Boy, this tweeter must have been primed for tonight

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Holy poo poo saying that the Obama admin left judges open as if that's somehow not a loving travesty of justice by McConnell.

bootsy
Jun 29, 2010
Wallace is literally the worst moderator I’ve ever seen. He just lets Trump ignore the format rules and ramble out extra time before thanking him and moving on without Trump ever having answered the questions. Christ.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Willo567 posted:

So what should I take away from the debates so far, because to me, it looks like while Trump is constantly interrupting Biden, Biden has been playing it cool, and laughing at some of Trump's bullshit

The debates don't matter, it's 80 million TV viewers rooting for their preferred candidate, cringing when their candidate messes up, and getting angry at the opponent

Aineris
Oct 10, 2005
How dare these black people not want to get murdered!? Don't they know it could expose me to COVID!?
Biden could at least loving TRY TO CALL OUT THE DUMB poo poo, but he just stands there with a blank look on his face. He's so loving worthless.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Biden is doing fine.

But I feel like even Pete could have loving decimated Trump.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"That was a rhetorical question" :lol: Wallace

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Trump getting tag-teamed

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

BIDEN TELL US WHY THOSE JUDICIARY SLOTS WEREN’T FILLED

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
That Russia line really triggered him for some reason :thunk:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lmao undecided voters aren't watching this debate

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Shammypants posted:

This is absolutely false and absolutely nonsensical. You have very little grasp of this electorate right now. People are principally voting AGAINST trump and Biden is winning as a result. Trump yelling and going nuts the entire night aggravates people and motivates them to go out and vote against him. This is not about energized bases.

Biden's support is very rooted in anti-Trumpism. People now think Trump is a liar and very right wing, things they did not in 2016. Trump looking like a god drat lunatic and refusing to condemn far right violence is a motivating spectacle for Biden's base.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Adoomsdaygap posted:

This is the guy you went with? Jesus loving Christ

not really, depending on who "you" means

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Just Chamber posted:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

trump is bombing hard. he hasnt said zero of substance

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This is Biden's strongest moment of the night.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Xarthor posted:

Nobody. I don’t think debates matter.

Well we're agreed then

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

PainterofCrap posted:

Trump getting tag-teamed

He was probably having piss flashbacks.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Oh boy

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Easiest way up in the world to condemn white nationalists and he couldn't do it on live TV

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

holy poo poo Trump is a loving monster

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
biden: WHAT HAVE YOUR KIDS DONE YOU loving CAPERING JACKASS

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sydin posted:

Wait are you telling me the man who authored the crime bill that has ruined more black and brown lives than Trump could ever loving hope to ruin is... bad on criminal justice issues? :thunk:

lol i am well aware, i expect literally nothing good from Biden, it's just astounding that he can't even get up and perform some dumb soundbite that'll throw a bone to the black community or the left in general.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Biden's anger here is really coming across as genuine.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Timeless Appeal posted:

Biden is doing fine.

But I feel like even Pete could have loving decimated Trump.

why on earth do you believe this

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Jesus you get the feeling that if Biden talked about his dead son Trump would start shouting about Hunter as well.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I don't know Beau, I know Hunter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

smoobles posted:

The debates don't matter, it's 80 million TV viewers rooting for their preferred candidate, cringing when their candidate messes up, and getting angry at the opponent

I wanted to watch this one because I thought it would be an entertaining poo poo show (check). I don't think I'll watch the second one.