Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

Lmao the hell Trump will.

Yeah Trump will never back out of these. This went extremely well by his metrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

End of debate feelings:

I hope they both die of natural causes before the election because holy gently caress they both suck so loving god drat bad.

My favorite pastime is watching 2 out of touch old white guys argue about climate change...

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The fact that Donald Trump, whose natural state can be described as LIE, can't denounce white supremacy really says a lot.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

ratbert90 posted:

The one where he disparaged UHC, BLM, the GND, and refused to condemn police brutality?

An incoherent madman was yammering in his ear non stop. You want Biden to endorse burning down police stations and think that would be a good response? Oh gently caress off--Biden sucks but Trump is a lunatic.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

volts5000 posted:

The president just told, on national television, the Proud Boys and other white supremacists militias to stand. Yeah. Totally the same.

Joe Biden is worse because reasons

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
For anybody who has anything negative to say about Joe Biden's performance... remember that it was the way it was because of the shrieking child on the stage with Joe that has moved the entire cultural window into making all this horse poo poo acceptable or even conceivable at all.

Trump has to be voted out of office. Joe isn't perfect by any means but this is bigger than just Republicans vs Democrats.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

volts5000 posted:

The president just told, on national television, the Proud Boys and other white supremacists militias to stand. Yeah. Totally the same.

And Joe promises to give them more money.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1311136956018053126?s=20

Adoomsdaygap
Apr 20, 2013
A parting thought. Trump won in 2016 won largely through voter suppression and disgust with both candidates. I know you guys choose to blame third party voters, but it was mostly Republicans preventing Democrats from voting. Ask yourself, in the intervening 4 years, what have the Democrats done to combat that? It is my sincere hope that when Biden loses for THE EXACT SAME REASONS, you might start looking into why the Democrats are so absolutely terrible at the basic task of politicking. Also, maybe ask yourself why the Dems keep confirming the judicial nominees of what they claim to be an illegitimate president. Your best case scenario is Biden winning, likely dying, and then President Kama Harris having all her efforts overturned by judges SHE HERSELF VOTED TO CONFIRM.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Smeef posted:

Why don't they cut off the mics when the other person is speaking?

I don't think the media expects that to be a thing that has to be done with 2 adults running for president.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

I'm sure in trumps mind he thinks if he loses, his base, the people like the Proud Boys etc will go out and fight/ kill minorities in his name because he'd have been robbed of the election, hence the "stand by"

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 30, 2020

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

the last signal... posted:

wow america, why do you guys suck so hard, too much freedom or not enough?

Slavery was never really resolved in this country. Racism is a cancer in the body of this country and capitalism accelerates it.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Scary, not enough characters for “violent white supremacist” organization?

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

How are u posted:

Thank you for your input.

your welcome. my comment has as much substance as the presidential debate i just witnessed. good lord, you guys are hosed

Aineris
Oct 10, 2005
How dare these black people not want to get murdered!? Don't they know it could expose me to COVID!?

Zophar posted:

I think "will you just shut up man" is going to be the thing that has the most impact here. People are sick of the clown car. It's not entertaining anymore, just exhausting. These are the people who want Biden the most IMO.

You are seriously not getting what is going on here.

The "debate" was meant to capture undecided voters. If people were going to be "sick of the clown car", it would have happened three years ago. Everything since then has been a spectacle. That's why polling has been relatively consistent over the last few years regardless of all the dumb poo poo that's happened.

What Biden needed to do tonight was reach people that are aware of Trump's BS but aren't overly bothered by it.

Instead of doing that, Biden just said a few words about Covid and healthcare, and that's pretty much it. Literally nothing he said was inspiring at all. Running on a platform of "not the other guy" is not going to win any new votes. Those votes have already been decided years ago.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ascii genitals posted:

An incoherent madman was yammering in his ear non stop. You want Biden to endorse burning down police stations and think that would be a good response? Oh gently caress off--Biden sucks but Trump is a lunatic.

Supporting Burning down police stations is quite the jump from “condemning police brutality.” Do go on with your reactionary horseshit though. :allears:

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
if you watch trumps fluttering eyes and run it through morse code it reads " b o o g a l o o"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

How are u posted:

:hf:

Part of what helped me to quit was allowing myself the chance to have one every once in a while.

I keep a few packs in my bugout bags and .....aahhhhh

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Adoomsdaygap posted:

A parting thought. Trump won in 2016 won largely through voter suppression and disgust with both candidates. I know you guys choose to blame third party voters, but it was mostly Republicans preventing Democrats from voting. Ask yourself, in the intervening 4 years, what have the Democrats done to combat that? It is my sincere hope that when Biden loses for THE EXACT SAME REASONS, you might start looking into why the Democrats are so absolutely terrible at the basic task of politicking. Also, maybe ask yourself why the Dems keep confirming the judicial nominees of what they claim to be an illegitimate president. Your best case scenario is Biden winning, likely dying, and then President Kama Harris having all her efforts overturned by judges SHE HERSELF VOTED TO CONFIRM.

I think Biden will win, actually.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Adoomsdaygap posted:

Let's hope Biden actually campaigns in swing states this year

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Adoomsdaygap posted:

Yes, and what did you think about the debate?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Remember that Charlottesville was seen as a pivotal moment for a lot of folks. Trump outright telling white supremacists and the proud boys in particular to stand by is going to enrage the type of middle of the road person who believes in their heart of hearts that racism is bad, but mostly over except for the bad people. Trump threw in his lot with the bad people.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dalrle on CNN

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

CNN fact checker is on now and killing it.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Glumwheels posted:

Not for the reasons you think because you hate Biden. There’s no reason for this type of show.

Trump literally told the proud boys to be on standby, imagine not voting against that 😳

The route to leftist utopia necessarily requires the election of a unhinged sociopath who won't commit to a peaceful transfer of power. Surely after he's gulaged me and all my leftist friends, we'll be able to start a commune in the prison yard!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

the last signal... posted:

your welcome. my comment has as much substance as the presidential debate i just witnessed. good lord, you guys are hosed

Would you be willing to link a Presidential (or equivalent) debate from your country of origin?

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

silicone thrills posted:

End of debate feelings:

I hope they both die of natural causes before the election because holy gently caress they both suck so loving god drat bad.
How dare you wish President Harris on us...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Glumwheels posted:

Scary, not enough characters for “violent white supremacist” organization?

They are both scary racists and violent white supremacists. You're really stretching for something to be angry about here.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

No one seems to be cuing in on the most important point made of the night:

Motherfucker brought back football

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Checkmate bitches

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/BoKnowsNews/status/1311138151667306497?fbclid=IwAR2T8XctcrN9hebyz26_GtrDJXPLuI2uR0QQbl59C2SC6i_H7rrmTNLjzmY

lmao the exact same as biden's lead in polling. nothing has changed

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

LionArcher posted:

Too bad fact checkers aren't on Fox news or wherever the people are watching that actually need a fact checker

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LionArcher posted:

Basically said that nearly every single thing Trump said was not only a lie, but lies that have already been factchecked and proven to be wrong.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
These debates need mute powers by sound ops and an instant fact checker running in the lower 3rd.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Basically said that nearly every single thing Trump said was not only a lie, but lies that have already been factchecked and proven to be wrong.

And that won’t matter at all to anybody lol. Trump is expected to lie and will always lie. No amount of fact checking matters to his supporters or the people who may vote for him.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

They are both scary racists and violent white supremacists. You're really stretching for something to be angry about here.
This debate in sumnation: Imagine an obsese kindergartener gish galloping against his stuttering teacher struggling to not get interrupted.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Is anyone brave/crazy enough to watch fox news to see their take?

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Aineris posted:

You are seriously not getting what is going on here.

The "debate" was meant to capture undecided voters. If people were going to be "sick of the clown car", it would have happened three years ago. Everything since then has been a spectacle. That's why polling has been relatively consistent over the last few years regardless of all the dumb poo poo that's happened.

What Biden needed to do tonight was reach people that are aware of Trump's BS but aren't overly bothered by it.

Instead of doing that, Biden just said a few words about Covid and healthcare, and that's pretty much it. Literally nothing he said was inspiring at all. Running on a platform of "not the other guy" is not going to win any new votes. Those votes have already been decided years ago.

Dude, Biden is ahead in the polling by several points, well above the margin of error nationally and in many of the swing states. It's Trump who needed to gain voters here. Do you feel this performance moved voters to his camp? Did it move the polling needle? Why, if so? I'd like to know the argument on that point.

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!

If nothing has changed than those kids have a chance of getting out of those cages and being reunited with their families.

I don't like Biden, but gently caress Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007