Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I sincerely hope that the NFL plays as normal for the full season including Super Bowl and then the world ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They should delay the entire league for a week. Seems like the safest option and keep the schedule from getting entirely hosed up.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fartknocker posted:

Gets the clones out of their tanks. It’s Ryaan Tannehill’s time to print the shirts!

Presumably the NFL wants to see how more tests come back, but as many have mentioned, one week between games makes it nearly impossible to create a realistic plan.

Bigger Tannehill

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Magicpants posted:

I sincerely hope that the NFL plays as normal for the full season including Super Bowl and then the world ends

I don't want to see the Broncos go out this bad. I'm going to pretend the world ended after the Broncos Super Bowl and we've been living in a Sim City game where the player got bored and decided to spam disasters

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The titans just want it more

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

hosed up that the Titans want covid more imo

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Android Apocalypse posted:

The thing that concerns me is if they somehow pull off this game, idiots are gonna be "See? COVID-19 is overblown. OPEN UP THE STATES, YOU WHINY LIBTARDS!"

Then we'll die on Christmas.

This has already been happening for months, I don’t know why you think an NFL game being played is going to completely change the dynamic.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Magicpants posted:

The world ends with Tom Brady hoisting the Lombardi Trophy one last time.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

wandler20 posted:

The world ends with Tom Brady hoisting the Lombardi Trophy one last time.

It turns out the seven horsemen of the apocalypse were Brady's rings

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Every NFL player could die of COVID and probably 10%-30% of Americans would say they should have been put in skirts, were weak, they had underlying conditions, etc.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

King Hong Kong posted:

Every NFL player could die of COVID and probably 10%-30% of Americans would say they should have been put in skirts, were weak, they had underlying conditions, etc.

There was the NCAA lineman who died and I saw armchair coaches talking about he was too heavy for his position and he might have made it if he was just a little bit lighter like holy poo poo gently caress off

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They should delay the entire league for a week. Seems like the safest option and keep the schedule from getting entirely hosed up.

but what would we do without a week of football

there would be rioting in the streets, it would be chaos

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
We made it through the first 3-4 months of the pandemic without sports. We'll be fine.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Oh god, the Sunday night game is Eagles/9ers and it's too early in the season to flex out! :gonk:

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Magicpants posted:

That happened last year.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Quiet Feet posted:

Oh god, the Sunday night game is Eagles/9ers and it's too early in the season to flex out! :gonk:

This will be a great game. Wentz and Pederson are fighting for their jobs, Shanahan is trotting out practice squad players and still winning easily, should be good

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What the hell is a one day delay going to do?

It lets them wait a bit longer for infected people to start testing positive. If you've been exposed you can't really know for a few days whether you have it and it's multiplying in your body or if you didn't catch it. When I was potentially exposed I was told I had to wait at least 72 hours before getting tested. Waiting an extra day or two for the game let's you extend that window and maybe even gives them a day to practice.

That's part of why I think the Vikings can get back to their facility tomorrow if they don't have any positives. Tested Wednesday from Sunday exposure. If everyone is negative then they're probably fine.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Well What Now posted:

That happened last year.

well if it works

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm very cool with the playoffs and Super Bowl working out the same as last year

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Tuesday night football would be cool for a week.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

Green Bay is the most improved team :smug:

oh and I guess San Francisco too

Good lord the NFC East graph :magical:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

nice to see the AFCN collectively regressing to the mean and abandoning social distancing

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

kiimo posted:

I'm very cool with the playoffs and Super Bowl working out the same as last year

Philly isn't going so if the Chiefs want to get Andy another ring I am totally fine with that.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Apparently according to PFF, every Ravens interior D-lineman or edge pass rusher is backup level at best. This is VERY bad, and backs up my feelings about the defense being a much bigger concern than the offense. The offense can get its act together. You can't just get a defense to start generating pressure. We already rely on blitzes and those aren't getting it done. As ridiculous as it sounds that is bad enough to make us a bubble playoff team.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/KeepBlitzin/status/1311371118884859907

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
and have a reenactment of Sherman's March?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

PFF routinely makes idiotic predictions and rankings based on some arbitrary algorithm that produces absolute asinine hot takes.

I mean maybe the Ravens' defense is that bad but more likely they just played the Chiefs who have like 7 legit weapons not counting the linemen and the fullback.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Apparently according to PFF, every Ravens interior D-lineman or edge pass rusher is backup level at best. This is VERY bad, and backs up my feelings about the defense being a much bigger concern than the offense. The offense can get its act together. You can't just get a defense to start generating pressure. We already rely on blitzes and those aren't getting it done. As ridiculous as it sounds that is bad enough to make us a bubble playoff team.

Ravens pass rush is terrible and even worse with the amounts of holding that some teams are getting away with, but PFF grades are absolute garbage, don't put that much faith into it

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Sounds good to me.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That may have gone differently if he'd had a Nuk

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

shirts and skins posted:

That may have gone differently if he'd had a Nuk

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tim Kreider is one of my favorites, well done. I think about this strip a lot these days:

http://www.thepaincomics.com/What%27s%20Your%20Plan.jpg

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

Tim Kreider is one of my favorites, well done. I think about this strip a lot these days:

http://www.thepaincomics.com/What%27s%20Your%20Plan.jpg

Here’s the one that’s on my mind.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mystic Stylez posted:

Ravens pass rush is terrible and even worse with the amounts of holding that some teams are getting away with, but PFF grades are absolute garbage, don't put that much faith into it

Get you some boys who get it done even when they're being held on every play

https://twitter.com/FarabaughFB/status/1311218092111003648

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Bob Socko posted:

Here’s the one that’s on my mind.

Dems should say more money for us

We regret to inform you there is no money for you

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

I always thought that was a trusted site around here. Was it before and it went bad? I can't keep up. Anyway I do think they are probably right there though even if their word shouldn't be completely trusted.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1311415116559122432

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1311397089704701952?s=19

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The 12 best NFL contracts on the player side, starting with Deshaun Watson's recent megadeal

interesting look at traditional shorter contracts vs mahomes' megadeal thru the lens of agent metrics

quote:

Watson is ahead of Mahomes in new money at every juncture in the common years of their contracts. Most importantly, Watson's extension average is $50,000 more per year than Mahomes' new money average after four years.

On another four-year extension in 2025, Watson would need additional an $191.1 million to match Mahomes' $347.1 million in new money through 2029. Essentially, a four-year extension averaging $47.75 million per year is the breakeven point for Watson with Mahomes' contract after eight new years.

It remains to be seen how much the quarterback market will have grown in five years with the addition of a 17th regular season game and new media rights deals in place. Watson getting to $50 million per year on his next year would be little more than a 28% increase over his newly signed extension.

There was five-year lag times between Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan's current contracts and their previous deals. Rodgers got a 52.2% raise in average yearly salary with his current deal while Ryan's increased by 44.6%. If their deals are any indication of what's going to be store for Watson, $50 million per year could prove to be a conservative estimation.

kirk cousins, deandre hopkins, joey bosa, aaron donald, julio jones, laremy tunsil, jalen ramsey, cj mosley, christian mccaffrey, george kittle, kyle juszczyk,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So the Texans are bad negotiators eh?