Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
minimum wage workers pulling in 6 figgies will be weird as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

oxsnard posted:

what will that be in iraqi dinar? will it finally be my time to shine?

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

man uh

I just went to a fingerprinting office this morning for a job at a utility contractor and there are so many people in tents and sleeping bags along highway greenery now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

wolfs posted:

man uh

I just went to a fingerprinting office this morning for a job at a utility contractor and there are so many people in tents and sleeping bags along highway greenery now

lmao how the US turned into the "Hooverville" world depicted in Back two the Future II in which Biff has the sport Almanac.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well, going to get an appointment set up with the taxpayer assistance center near O'Hare, hopefully can finally get to the bottom of getting my $1,200 and my tax refund and whatever else

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Cold on a Cob posted:

post it POST IT POST THE VIDEO

https://udba.org/marx.mp4

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

:sickos:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my favorite part of this is the song title: the dream is collapsing

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1311807123672662018?s=19

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

oxsnard posted:

And 6 figgies will still be 'making it'

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

he knows trump is going to lose

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

wolfs posted:

man uh

During the worst of the wildfire smoke, I saw this haunted-looking extremely disheveled woman dragging 4 duffel bags behind her from the bus stop. She was heading to the greenbelt behind my house where I ran into a different disheveled woman carrying a cardboard box of miscellaneous things the previous day. There has been a homeless encampment back there for years now and these are its newest members. It's bleak as hell.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

sorry guys we can't afford to rescue the economy anymore

number is boned

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euphronius posted:

he knows trump is going to lose

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

🦅🦅🦅Deficit Hawks 🦅🦅🦅

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tracking a butt trail

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Austin for a while had a paved lot with some sewers and taps near the airport where some city or state agency was sending homeless people to stay - the airport being across the river and 12 miles away from downtown - and at the start of the year there were stories about it being handed over into a private-public partnership thing rather than letting the people who lived there run it

I don’t know how it turned out

there are enough ranches and stuff about that far out that are basically unimproved land that actual government housing could be made versus this explosion in urban camping

but that would be bad, I guess?
I recall Mark Cuban in the summer saying the problem with free housing is people wouldn’t be happy with where it was situated but I suspect anything indoors is better than living next to a highway grabbing buckets from construction sites and squeegees from gas stations to try and wipe car windows

e: window washing at intersections! it’s bootstraps

wolfs fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 2, 2020

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i love the smell of austerity in the morning

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
toim to finally destr0y w3lphare.. mwahahaha!! -mitch mcconnel

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

if you like your spackle bucket toilet youll be able to keep it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
NUMBER liked AUSTERITY and there's NO way this can BACKFIRE

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
our country could:

a) treat the lowest among us, our sick and tired, those who need our love and compassion the most with dignity. we could live by that old, often misattributed herbert humphrey 1977 quote: "The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped." for the cost a smattering of tesla shares we could build permanent housing for everyone in need and give them food, shelter, clothes, internet, all the basics of life for absolutely free with no means tests or expectations of repayment or return. we could give people the space and support they need to thrive - or not, doesn't matter. we could give everyone the basest dignity and respect that should be afforded to everyone on earth, let alone the most powerful empire in the history of our civilization.

OR

b) do nothing for them because theyre poor and gross and who cares. just ignore them. eventually theyll die or smth idk w/e

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

MCCONNEL uses AUSTERITY on NUMBER! its super effective! NUMBER fainted!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Smythe posted:

our country could:

a) treat the lowest among us, our sick and tired, those who need our love and compassion the most with dignity. we could live by that old, often misattributed herbert humphrey 1977 quote: "The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped." for the cost a smattering of tesla shares we could build permanent housing for everyone in need and give them food, shelter, clothes, internet, all the basics of life for absolutely free with no means tests or expectations of repayment or return. we could give people the space and support they need to thrive - or not, doesn't matter. we could give everyone the basest dignity and respect that should be afforded to everyone on earth, let alone the most powerful empire in the history of our civilization.

OR

b) do nothing for them because theyre poor and gross and who cares. just ignore them. eventually theyll die or smth idk w/e

oh so you think america got great from taking in the tired the poor and the hungry? disgusting

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

hahahhdflasadfahsdhfj

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

the tiktok teens getting really into van life right now are preparing for the future ahead of the “no services, all taxes” approach to austerity government to make an IMAGINARY NUMBER DEFICIT go DOWN

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
usa: pulls back from brink of self-immolation, if only for a minute
number: immediately shits self

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Cold on a Cob posted:

hahahhdflasadfahsdhfj

hey it’s this again

it’s may?

it’s may 2020 and the house has done something but the senate cannot do anything - gotta negotiate!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
oh the HOUSE not the SENATE

lol oops

rip america

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
I’m starting to think that devoting our lives to destroying the earth may not be a sustainable global strategy.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

19 o'clock posted:

I’m starting to think that devoting our lives to destroying the earth may not be a sustainable global strategy.

only have to sustain it for as long you're alive buddy

unfortunately all the people with money are very very old

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

19 o'clock posted:

pussy rear end bitch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*smashing the ground with a sledge hammer, pissing on it, spitting all over* take that bitch. gently caress you planet. eat poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*watching captain pollution, the weird lizard guy, and the pollution dominatrix pour oil and radioactive barrels into the sea* hell yea. these guys own

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
https://twitter.com/_Almaqah/status/1311516809582063616

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

:guillotine:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

'I don't look at a millionaire and be like, oh, why don't I have a yacht'

Because ostentatious luxury goods are a great comparison to food, shelter and safety.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

lmao these people are in for a rude awakening in the future. This will be all of them.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

Smythe posted:

*watching captain pollution, the weird lizard guy, and the pollution dominatrix pour oil and radioactive barrels into the sea* hell yea. these guys own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
serious post.

https://twitter.com/jamteio/status/1310611218055323650

when I come across more I will be posting them here :unsmith: