Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IPlayVideoGames
Nov 28, 2004

I unironically like Anders as a character.
I can’t wait to see where the Q coaster goes next if trump were to somehow die from this. Granted, a lot of them still think jfk jr is alive, so Donald could just be running things from the shadows for the next 30 years.

IPlayVideoGames fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
"Demoncrats deliberately infect people" has already started in the comments of articles about it, so if he dies he'll become their martyr. Probably get his own resurrection and second coming myth.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

IPlayVideoGames posted:

I can’t wait to see where the Q coaster goes next if trump were to somehow die from this. Granted, a lot of them still think jfk jr is alive, so Donald could just be running things from the shadows for the next 30 years.

If he does die from this, I can see Q going from the loving worst ARG to the loving weirdest ARG you could imagine. Without a daily tweet/press conference/rally to apply numerological bullshit to they'll start drawing from more random sources across time and space. The legends will say that if you find the 45 Mystic Ancient Geode Amber stones you can bring about The Storm that ends the world and replaces it with a better one. Somewhere in his last will and testament will be the codex key that only the wisest and bravest can use to decode the bible he held backwards at that DC church, and the adventure will begin.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

https://twitter.com/rothschildmd/status/1311905899846524929

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

IPlayVideoGames posted:

An ostensibly fatal dose of COVID wouldn't make a bad way to fake your own death, particularly for a powerful man. Anybody could sneak out from a private suite in the isolation ward. It's easy mode.

The issue that occurs to me is that Trump absolutely could not stay out of the spotlight were he to do that. It's easy to imagine him swapping in a body double, draining his campaign fund, and loving off to a private island to eat himself to death in relative peace and safety, but unless the last forty years of his life has been some real Andy Kaufman poo poo, he couldn't stay quiet after that. He'd be tweeting, and there'd be no way to not know it was him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

If he does die from this, I can see Q going from the loving worst ARG to the loving weirdest ARG you could imagine. Without a daily tweet/press conference/rally to apply numerological bullshit to they'll start drawing from more random sources across time and space. The legends will say that if you find the 45 Mystic Ancient Geode Amber stones you can bring about The Storm that ends the world and replaces it with a better one. Somewhere in his last will and testament will be the codex key that only the wisest and bravest can use to decode the bible he held backwards at that DC church, and the adventure will begin.

Can you imagine the history channel show they would produce about it?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
rip the deep state tainted trumps adrenocrhome

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

IPlayVideoGames posted:

the plan falls apart because trump failed to clone the one person he needed to clone the most... himself...

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

rip the deep state tainted trumps adrenocrhome
He had to chug the 'chrome to prove trustworthiness and maintain his cover at the bolshevist-globalist meetings

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Mantis42 posted:

the plan falls apart because trump failed to clone the one person he needed to clone the most... himself...

How soon we forget about Barron, did you think it was creative bankruptcy that led him to name his own son after the fake name he'd use when calling tabloids? He was signaling to His Base that he already had a backup in place, just in case.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

"well, the only reason Der Trumper got the 'rona is because he refuses to drink baby blood!"

I'm calling it right now, that's the line about this new news.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Hopefully there are some enterprising researchers or at least grad students regularly interviewing or even embedded within some of these groups. I'd love to read a blow by blow description of one of these groups before and after the election this fall and how they responded to all the events along the way.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

drat, dawg. It sucks enough being a grad student. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Lady Homunculus
May 22, 2017
I think his name is Marc-Andre Argentino is a PhD student covering this stuff who is a good twitter follow. But yeah as if a PhD program isn't bad enough...

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Helsing posted:

Hopefully there are some enterprising researchers or at least grad students regularly interviewing or even embedded within some of these groups. I'd love to read a blow by blow description of one of these groups before and after the election this fall and how they responded to all the events along the way.

Fully agree with the notion that grad students are not researchers. They are meat. Warm meat.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The participant observation must flow.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

In the aftermath of The Storm there will be plenty of histories written about the inner workings of team Q and the brave researchers who deciphered the hidden numerological messages embedded in misspelled tweets that went out to true patriots right under the noses of the deep state cabal

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I only pop into this thread sporadically to see how Q is responding to major events, and I gotta say.. this is disappointing. I expect more creativity out of them.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

smoobles posted:

I only pop into this thread sporadically to see how Q is responding to major events, and I gotta say.. this is disappointing. I expect more creativity out of them.

I dont think Q has actually said anything its just the "logical" conclusion for Qultists who have been told the virus is fake or at least engineered. Q has told them in the past they have the cure already so obviously trump would just get a shot and be cured.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Trump going to "Walter Reed."

The storm is here, gg wp.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/ThiccStauskas/status/1312152579166498818

of course

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

If the coronavirus was made by the deep state, why would the deep state think Trump really had it?

Wouldn't Trump saying "I have the virus now" be the single most obvious tip-off to the deep state that he was on to them?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Farchanter posted:

If the coronavirus was made by the deep state, why would the deep state think Trump really had it?

Wouldn't Trump saying "I have the virus now" be the single most obvious tip-off to the deep state that he was on to them?

That's why it's so genius! The Deep State can't reveal that they know he isn't sick without admitting that the virus is just a fake thing they made up! He's completely free to act without media surveillance! Wheels within wheels!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Little did they know that Trump getting COVID is merely step one of The Plan, and he is actually going to Walter Reed to undergo a top secret procedure to be infused with a special mixture of Hydroxochloroquinine, Bleach, Vitamin D, and a piece of the True Cross. This will fuse with the COVID in his body and he will ascend to his Final Form to battle the Devil She-Lizard Hillary Clinton in single-combat.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

Little did they know that Trump getting COVID is merely step one of The Plan, and he is actually going to Walter Reed to undergo a top secret procedure to be infused with a special mixture of Hydroxochloroquinine, Bleach, Vitamin D, and a piece of the True Cross. This will fuse with the COVID in his body and he will ascend to his Final Form to battle the Devil She-Lizard Hillary Clinton in single-combat.

this evangelion reboot is sounding real bad

Quiet Enable
Aug 29, 2017

"Everything in your head doesn't need to be said."

smoobles posted:

To be fair, the mental gymnastics needed are Olympic level.

To break it down further:
Trump's announcement that he's COVID positive came at exactly 00:54 on October 2st. This has four very significant pieces of information in it:

1 - In QLandia, October is #RedOctober; which is an annual event when Trump will eventually arrest Hillary and everyone else! (Starting from 2016 and Comey's announcement)
2 - Q's 54th drop, dated Nov 2, 2017 was Jeremiah 29:11

Q's 54th Drop posted:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Why Qanon is so excited is because if that's referencing the 54th drop, clearly the next big drop is the 55th!

Q's 55th Drop posted:

Look to Twitter:
Exactly this: "My fellow Americans, the Storm is upon us...."
God Bless.
3 - According to Q (drop 35), POTUS will be sequestered prior to the launch of "The Storm." What better way to secretly protect yourself than claiming you have a fake virus and need to be quarantined at Walter Reed?
4 - "We will get through this TOGETHER" is clearly highly secretive coding. With a galaxy brain, you can clearly read the true meaning "We will get through this To Get Her!"

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/breadlifter/status/1312215818642448384

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

IPlayVideoGames posted:

I've said it before but considering this is a religious movement, off hand the best example for comparison may in some ways be the Rastafari. I know the Rastafari have some problematic angles to their beliefs, but I'm not really talking about in terms of morality or sanity or whatnot. I mean that in both cases you have new age religions springing up that have an actual living political figure = who is himself not the founder or even involved directly with the cult - as their messiah figure. And until very recently Trump's approach to the Qult was largely hands-off, much like Selassie's was to the Rastafari.

So considering that the death of Selassie seems to have not really phased the Rastas all that much and they're still doing their thing, I can't help but think that the physical death of Trump will by and large not have that big an impact on the Qult in some ways.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If that's the case, this guy is going to be so happy in about 5 years time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The idea that trump isn't dead he's just gone to the great hollow earth to do battle with the lizards and rescue the mole children and one day he will return with an army of freed children and set right all wrongs in the world is definitely top tier outcome for the whole thing :v:

You could definitely do king arthur with trump. One day he will return across the seas from Avalon aboard the USS Iowa.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 3, 2020

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

The idea that trump isn't dead he's just gone to the great hollow earth to do battle with the lizards and rescue the mole children and one day he will return with an army of freed children and set right all wrongs in the world is definitely top tier outcome for the whole thing :v:

You could definitely do king arthur with trump. One day he will return across the seas from Avalon aboard the USS Iowa.

Le Morte d'Trump

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Thousands of these hanging from the rear view mirror of Ford F-150s

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Perhaps it would work better with one of the junior trumps and donald is uther pendragon who went to russia to film the piss tape and that's how barron was born to become the once and future king of america.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao what if pence gets sick too and pelosi ends up as acting president

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Once the head of the cult goes, the cult of personality collapses.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

QAnon ain't a cult of personality.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Just like Christianity did.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Trump isn't the head of the cult, though, he's their messiah figure. Again, the best historical comparison I am aware of is the relationship between Hallie Selassie and the Rastas.
Also I believe cults of personality have survived the deaths of their titular personalities, provided that some other figure is able to come in and and assume control. You see that in historical authoritarian regimes, as well as arguably stuff like the early Caliphate after Muhammad and stuff with divine right of kings and the Mandate of Heaven in Imperial China.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Most of them seem unwilling to make personal sacrifices, let alone martyr themselves. I wouldn’t worry too much about it breaking much beyond the kind of things people turn to other conspiracy theories for.

The problem of course is that we live in a time when lots of people turn to conspiracy theories and sometimes use them as an excuse to kill a bunch of people.

Did that q person who was posting about Hillary in this thread finally run off? That’s a shame. We didn’t even get to the mole children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Perhaps the value of Qanon is to make Trump's cult of personality portable.