Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CALFIRELNU/status/1312461788521222144?s=20

https://twitter.com/KPIXtv/status/1312465194904297472?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

spacejung posted:

It sounds like you're terminally involved in SF DSA drama to me, which seems to afflict every angle of this abortive Buttar campaign.

When other people don't like stuff, that's drama. Meanwhile I stay clear-headed and aloof. Sigh. I am the better man.

Ironically, the biggest ongoing endorsement controversy in DSA SF is that it's very easy for motivated members to stack electoral committee meetings and get it recommend endorsing a ham sandwich. Or rather, that's a simple fact, but the controversy is over how big of a problem that is. In my view, that we withdrew the endorsement from Shahid is evidence that it's not too big of a problem: easy come, easy go.

People who have not heard about Jackie Fielder, you're in luck: she has a real chance to displace our succdem state legislator, and everyone likes her except the cops.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

When other people don't like stuff, that's drama. Meanwhile I stay clear-headed and aloof. Sigh. I am the better man.

Ironically, the biggest ongoing endorsement controversy in DSA SF is that it's very easy for motivated members to stack electoral committee meetings and get it recommend endorsing a ham sandwich. Or rather, that's a simple fact, but the controversy is over how big of a problem that is. In my view, that we withdrew the endorsement from Shahid is evidence that it's not too big of a problem: easy come, easy go.

People who have not heard about Jackie Fielder, you're in luck: she has a real chance to displace our succdem state legislator, and everyone likes her except the cops.

Wow, its like rain on your wedding day, when you put it like that.

By the way i would recommend you to deeply reflect on why you instantly jumped to ham sandwich in your example there. Namaste.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

It's a reference to the oft-repeated quote that a DA could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich. We should all relax a lil.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Kenning posted:

It's a reference to the oft-repeated quote that a DA could get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich. We should all relax a lil.

Oft-repeated perhaps in wypipo circles. Maybe we could all use some deep reflection in this time. 🤝

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I'm going to regret engaging, I already know this, but could you be more explicit?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ohhhh, I think they're trying to artfully accuse me of islamophobia. Very clever: we've all seen examples of how criticism can be deflected by claiming it's actually some other kind of -ism. And in fact they lead by accusing others of doing that, mocking us for "believing women."

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

spacejung posted:

Oft-repeated perhaps in wypipo circles. Maybe we could all use some deep reflection in this time. 🤝

Okay, Shahid. :rolleyes:

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Lmao “you must all be white to be disagreeing with me.”

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Kenning posted:

We should all relax a lil.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If people like that are all Shahid has left defending him... yikes. Talk about tone-deaf.

e: Then again maybe that's just what San Franciscans are like

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Oct 4, 2020

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Guy Fieri owns, he did the during the Santa Rosa fires in 2017? 2018? I forget how often that area burns.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Guy Fieri the media character is unwatchably terrible but Guy Fieri the actual human being seems like a pretty good guy.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you are fighting fires in 100-degree heat round the clock then Guy Fieri's cooking is probably right up your alley.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
Nothing but the best for our slave labor!

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Centrist Committee posted:

Nothing but the best for our slave labor!

:jerkbag:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

can't we get a garlic burger guy. or a nice rack of fuckinf ribs*

*while i dont support meat as it is murder, I advocate for firefighters having the choice of ribs vs lovely ragu and dollar store noodles.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

luminalflux posted:

Guy Fieri owns, he did the during the Santa Rosa fires in 2017? 2018? I forget how often that area burns.
Did we already forget about the eggs?
Goons raised a bunch of money for charity and gut fairy claimed it as his own doing. Then he used the whole thing as a publicity stunt to promote one of his terrible restaurants.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

eSporks posted:

Did we already forget about the eggs?
Goons raised a bunch of money for charity and gut fairy claimed it as his own doing. Then he used the whole thing as a publicity stunt to promote one of his terrible restaurants.

I thought that was Smash Mouth?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

HelloSailorSign posted:

I thought that was Smash Mouth?
Smash mouth only agreed to do it (after moving the goal post) if his buddy goy foray cooked the eggs. Goy got the news involved and did it for his restaurant opening and took credit for the charity work.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Book question: I just finished reading through/notetaking of Contested Eden: California Before the Gold Rush by Ramon Gutierrez (1998).

Having finished pre-1850 californian history/culture, what would be the best books that follow the early statehood of California (1850-1910) besides Kevin Starr's book?

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice
I realized I posted this in the LA LAN thread, but it's relevant here too: DSA-LA finished this year's voter guide. You can get it at this link: https://dsa-la.org/2020voterguide

edit: it has props in it so its relevant statewide in those sections

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Grouchio posted:

Book question: I just finished reading through/notetaking of Contested Eden: California Before the Gold Rush by Ramon Gutierrez (1998).

Having finished pre-1850 californian history/culture, what would be the best books that follow the early statehood of California (1850-1910) besides Kevin Starr's book?

If you don't mind a slight detour, then I recommend Unbound Feet by Judy Yung.

krysmopompas
Jan 17, 2004
hi
Still fresh after all these years.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

unbutthurtable posted:

I realized I posted this in the LA LAN thread, but it's relevant here too: DSA-LA finished this year's voter guide. You can get it at this link: https://dsa-la.org/2020voterguide

poo poo, man I send the DSA-LA guide to people who don't even live in california for entertainment's sake.

We don't have anything this year as funny as the "yeah ok we don't understand how it works but gently caress daylight savings time" from prior years but the dialysis clinic incredulity is a+.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

unbutthurtable posted:

Koreatown voters please do not vote for Grace Yoo, who organized huge protests against homeless bridge housing yet suddenly deeply cares about the *mysterious* homeless epidemic in KTown.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If people like that are all Shahid has left defending him... yikes. Talk about tone-deaf.

They prefer to be called Friscans, since they're from Frisco.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

FilthyImp posted:

Koreatown voters please do not vote for Grace Yoo, who organized huge protests against homeless bridge housing yet suddenly deeply cares about the *mysterious* homeless epidemic in KTown.

No way Grace Yoo, Esq. could have seen that coming!

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

Cup Runneth Over posted:

literally all of them. it's a very angry city.

I like Scott because he is the state legislator who has done the most to strip local government of control over land use.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

xarph posted:

poo poo, man I send the DSA-LA guide to people who don't even live in california for entertainment's sake.

We don't have anything this year as funny as the "yeah ok we don't understand how it works but gently caress daylight savings time" from prior years but the dialysis clinic incredulity is a+.

good thing I posted it then

droll
Jan 9, 2020

by Azathoth

Admiral Ray posted:

since they're from Frisco.

This isn't the prod you think it is. BIPOC folk have been calling San Francisco Frisco for a long time. It's pretty gross when white people act like its bad.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Frisco is fine, San Fran is NOT.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

droll posted:

This isn't the prod you think it is. BIPOC folk have been calling San Francisco Frisco for a long time. It's pretty gross when white people act like its bad.

i never actually met anyone that cared very much what it was called, but given how pedantic that other poster was it was worth a shot.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
the 'franny

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020

droll posted:

Also acceptable: "sampencisco"

I loving love anglo pronunciation of California names. Samateo, Valenshuh, Vicennee, Las Gatas, Paso Roebulls, San Lewis, San Pee-dro, and the GOAT, Loss Angle-uss

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

loving argh well oh street

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Greg12 posted:

Also acceptable: "sampencisco"

I loving love anglo pronunciation of California names. Samateo, Valenshuh, Vicennee, Las Gatas, Paso Roebulls, San Lewis, San Pee-dro, and the GOAT, Loss Angle-uss

San Ruh-fell

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I just call San Francisco North Los Angeles.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Papercut posted:

San Ruh-fell

I definitely say this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

droll posted:

Frisco was being used by white people over 150 years ago.